computer software question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
Today I made a great big mistake. I had Norton Anti-Virus installed with my old dial-up system and it wouldn't let me use my broadband connection to upgrade the system. So silly me, I installed Norton SystemWorks. Good grief!! It sent my connection to hell!!:censored: :censored: I took it off and my connection came back. What should I do about anti-virus software? I need to keep :censored: viruses out of my computer, but no thanks to systems that nuke my connection!!:madspit: :mad: :censored: :censored:

Uninstall Norton Systemworks (a dreadful program that sucks up system resources) and disable (not uninstall) Norton Anti-Virus for the upgrade.

nbcrusader, the trouble I'm having with that is that Norton Anti-Virus got knocked out of my system when I uninstalled Norton Systemworks. At least I can't find any files.

EM, do you have a link to that? I ran into trouble with AVG Free because I have a networked computer (a broadband system with two computers) and it locked up my blasted computer until I could get the damn thing uninstalled. That was scary. For awhile I thought my OS had been screwed up. :yikes: :yikes:

Mirrorball Man said:
Geez, you're having a hard time with your 'puter. I hope you get it sorted. :yes:

You're not kidding. It has this Catholic frequently invoking St. Isadore, the patron saint of computers. I was thinking today that it wouldn't hurt if I also invoked St. Jude, the patron saint of desperate situations-----who happens to be, uh, my own patron saint in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom