chatroom advice needed please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have internet access via cable tv which unfortunately doesnt have a Java enabled browser. That means I can't get into this site's chat. Does anyone know of any other U2 and/or music chat rooms that work with web tv please????

I'm not sure how cable tv works, but if you can download irc (Internet Relay Chat), from www.mirc.com, it's a program that you can use to get into chat rooms (including interference) without using java. I guess that all depends on if you have space you can download programs too.

[This message has been edited by ABEL (edited 01-26-2002).]

Originally posted by ABEL:
I'm not sure how cable tv works, but if you can download irc (Internet Relay Chat), from www.mirc.com, it's a program that you can use to get into chat rooms (including interference) without using java. I guess that all depends on if you have space you can download programs too.

[This message has been edited by ABEL (edited 01-26-2002).]

Thanks for your reply Abel but that's the problem with this system - it's not possible to download a thing!!!! Ah well, will just have to stay with the message boards and forget about chat until I get a PC!!!

My aunt has cable tv and when I would go visit it would drive me nuts because of this very thing
smile.gif

I really dont know anything about computers, but if you really wanna try the chat room(PROCEED WITH CAUTION), i'd strongly recommend you try a library or anyplace else that has public computers.

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

Back
Top Bottom