Audioscrobbler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I pressed the change colour button several (twenty) times and it seems to have crashed their servers.

Fuck it, until they sort this crap out I'm just subsrcibing to the RSS feeds so I can check my top weekly artists without wading through all that bullshit.

Canadiens1160 said:
Hey I pressed the change colour button several (twenty) times and it seems to have crashed their servers.

:angry: :lol:

Well it's back now. Okay, question time: am I just being dense, or have they removed the old option for deleting artists/tracks from your charts? I've looked everywhere for it and I can't find it.

Well I finally busted in, let's see if she kicks me out again or lets me stay.

Aw man. When you click on a song name, it doesn't tell you how popular (by percentage) that song is in comparison to the rest of the artist's work. I thought that was a cool feature in the old last.fm.

GibsonGirl said:
Aw man. When you click on a song name, it doesn't tell you how popular (by percentage) that song is in comparison to the rest of the artist's work. I thought that was a cool feature in the old last.fm.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sad:

That was awesome. What's even the point anymore? :scream:
I hate you, last.fm thinktank. :mad:

PlaTheGreat said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sad:

That was awesome. What's even the point anymore? :scream:
I hate you, last.fm thinktank. :mad:

why is it called a thinktank if they don't do any thinking?

just late night POT SMOKING, and listening to the Doobie Brothers.

Doobie Brothers, I'm smoking doobies with my brothers. Munchies, who wants some munchies :drool:

Everybody take a deep breath and relax... :wink:

I've been using the Beta version for the last week or so, and while I hated the look of it at first, it didn't take long before I was logging into Beta because I preferred it.

If you keep the pictures turned off for your charts, and if you use text instead of pictures in your friends and neighbours boxes, it really helps the overall appearance. Avoiding the dashboard also keeps your brain from overloading, though I have found that the dashboard gives you plenty of stuff to do if you're particularly bored.

There are still a few things I don't like (diagonal stripes, anyone?), but now that I'm used to it, I can live with it.

got_edge said:

Why? Is U2 back on your charts??

Nah. :drool: I downloaded a Stravinsky recording that I couldn't find anywhere in town and the tags look wrong. I found the album on Amazon and bought it, though, so I'd like to get rid of the incorrect info that has already been logged into my profile.

Except now I can't. :grumpy:

Oh, the diagonal stripes can die. I hate the silly "trendy" phrases and song references as well. For instance, the massive "A little help from your friends." on the diagonal hatch when you click on the friends tab.

GibsonGirl said:
Okay, question time: am I just being dense, or have they removed the old option for deleting artists/tracks from your charts? I've looked everywhere for it and I can't find it.

Yeah, I couldn't find it either. I just checked the forums (your favourite :wink: ): It's likely we'll have a profile editor again, but it'll only affect overall charts. Which is slightly counterintuitive considering overall charts are now one small aspect of the system.

Queen Bee said:

Yeah, I couldn't find it either. I just checked the forums (your favourite :wink: ): It's likely we'll have a profile editor again, but it'll only affect overall charts. Which is slightly counterintuitive considering overall charts are now one small aspect of the system.

grumpyrant.gif

Last.fm is seriously getting on my nerves.

considering overall charts are now one small aspect of the system

You bastards! They should be the main aspect of the system. I don't go to Last.fm to write in journals, browse stupid forums, listen to my neighbours' radios, or post in shoutboxes. I go to Last.fm to check out my listening habits and the listening habits of my friends! Anything else is just a plus. And I'd appreciate it if I could get rid of improperly tagged songs if I want to!

Not that there's any reason to, but have you ever played a neighbor's radio?? I once saw someone listening to "got_edge's radio" and I was weirded out.

I have last.fm stalkers. :huh:

I have never played a neighbour's radio. Never. I don't see the point.

You have real life stalkers too. I'm standing outside your bedroom window right now.

Oh, I plan on it! We're going to watch a five hour The Price Is Right marathon and there's nothing you can do about it.

Last.fm is cutting off journal comments now. :drool:

got_edge said:

Oh no no nonono, not like that. I mean, just hacking off little bits off the side.

EDIT: oh wait, it's only if you post a big image in a comment.

GibsonGirl said:
Oh, I plan on it! We're going to watch a five hour The Price Is Right marathon and there's nothing you can do about it.

COME TO MY HOUSE, PLS. I LOVE THAT SHOW!

I bet I could win the showcase. :grumpy:

The redesign is pretty garbage, but I was just fooling around on the dashboard and noticed a feature that may not be new, but it's new to me:

bgfhsfqp1.png

I would be lying if I said I wasn't a fan of this bit.

Being able to view what all your friends were listening to like that used to be a subscriber-only feature.

And oh, look! Zootlesque is listening to Tori Amos! What a surprise! :ohmy:

:wink:

So, I haven't even logged into Last.fm for a loooong ass time. (Until I saw this thread pop up again)

The artist pictures thing isn't bad, but it's not outstanding either. But I like that friends feature! :) Speaking of... some of you are already on my friends list, but I'd like to be on others' friend lists :D I :heart: music recommendations!

http://www.last.fm/user/PlaysTheTart/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom