Anticipated albums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
What upcoming releases are you looking forward to EXCLUDING U2 albums?

THis has been a great year for albums thus far, but there is more to come...the best is actually yet to come

Ours - Precious october
I CANNOT wait for this album. I've heard reliable people say it will be even better than their last, and that is really something to say. I love their minor-y, dark mood combined with the blood chilling vocals....so very good.

Song list:
1) Kill the Band
2) Realize
3) Leaves
4) Places
5) Outside
6) In a Minute
7) Femme Fatale
(8)Broken
10) Chapter 2(Money)
11) If Flowers Turn
12) Disaster in a Halo
13) Red Colored Stars

Elliott Smith - ? Sometime in the fall
He has become one of my all time favorites and I've heard the new album will be more rocking than anything else he has done. I can't wait...there's even supposed to be a song which is an ode to mulletts!!

Jeff Buckley Oct.15

from www.jeffbuckley.com
On October 15, Evolver Entertainment (a Knit Media company) and Knitting Factory records are pleased to release Songs To No One 1991-1992, a collection of previously unreleased recordings by the late, legendary Jeff Buckley and guitarist/collaborator Gary Lucas.

Recorded between November 1991 and April 1992, the album?s eleven tracks document a critical moment in Buckley?s career and life. They are culled from club performances, studio sessions and rehearsal recordings made during his introduction to the downtown New York City music scene.

Also, there may be a pearl jam release

I think this is going to be a great fall!

oh yeah!
and of course the new radiohead

will that be this year?

today on nme.com it said radiohead is coming out in march. :drool:

i'm also excited for new sigur ros and that jeff buckley one. r.e.m. is working on a new album but i have no idea when it's coming out. probably not for a while.

I'm looking forward to the new lifehouse cd, coming out in about a week I think... (here anyway)

I have mixed feeling about the Jeff Buckley demos really, as much as I want to hear every note the guy ever played, I wonder if its really some sort of violation in that he didnt chose to release the material himself.
Will probably get it anyway!

Is there a new Starsailor coming out HelloAngel?? Cool!

Then... I am looking frwrd to Starsailor ;) , and Peter Gabriel... which is coming out in a few weeks I believe. And without question U2... though it's not so new. :kiss:

Angel said:
Is there a new Starsailor coming out HelloAngel?? Cool!

The new Starsailor is coming out in the US in early 2003, following the release of the DVD. I'm not sure about the release date for the new album in Canada or anywhere else (I THINK it will be in December, most likely). :)

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:

HOLY CRAP is she really releasing a new album??? Do you have any idea when?

It's been coming down the pipe for about 1.5 yrs now. I assume it's coming out soon, but with her, it could be 5 years from now. I hope it's soon! :cute:

HelloAngel said:

It's been coming down the pipe for about 1.5 yrs now. I assume it's coming out soon, but with her, it could be 5 years from now. I hope it's soon! :cute:

AAAAAAAAH :love: I want new Fiona!

also

Demolition ~Ryan Adams :yes:

Last edited:
sigur ros

pearl jam - though i wont justify spending money on the album, cause i have no money ever anymore... :|

radiohead in march.

rem.

if creed comes out with another cd, i will punish them by excruciating means.

Zoomerang96 said:

if creed comes out with another cd, i will punish them by excruciating means.

*random thought*

Weathered was dubbed "their Joshua Tree" by the manager.. I wonder if their next album will be their Achtung Baby? :rolleyes:

Sarah McLachlan is hoping to release her new album sometime early next year, of which I am very excited about!

And, of course, there are rumored new albums from U2 and Madonna. It's a good year to be me. :D

Pearl Jam!!!!!!!!!!!!

PEARL JAM's NEW ALBUM!!!! :cute: :heart: :love:

That's all really! :D

I can't stop listening to the first single "I am mine" the Live version....:cute: :cute: I LOVE THE LYRICS! Can't wait to hear it on radio!

elevatedmole said:

*random thought*

Weathered was dubbed "their Joshua Tree" by the manager.. I wonder if their next album will be their Achtung Baby? :rolleyes:
I think they are busy working on a tour documentary and soundtack to that first. They are planning on naming it "Cattle and Rum"

Oh how I hate agreeing with Wanderer...

The Wanderer said:
Billy Corgan's new band called Zwan is supposed to release an album within the next 6 months, I am looking forward to that

I'm looking forward to:

Starsailor
Richard Ashcroft
Turin Brakes
Tracy Chapman
Ours
Ryan Adams
Sigur Ros
Radiohead
Badly Drawn Boy

hmmm....I think there are more, but I can't remember them. :confused:

Godspeed you Black Emperor is supposed to have one coming out soon as well.

That's a band I really need to get into...I've only heard good things, especially about the album
"Lift your Skinny Wrists..."

nothing
the albums I knew that would be released this year (Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, Los Lobos and DJ Shadow) were already released

amazon.com lists 'Lemon Jelly' and 'Badly Drawn Boy' working together on an album titled, "Lost Horizons."

should be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom