Another NFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking forward to another Peyton Manning choke job...hope it's vs. the Pats in the AFC Championship. That would be sweet.

My only worry is if the game's within 3 points late...funny, Indy's toughest player is the kicker.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
eagle fans, now you may mock me. for all is lost.

So the Giants say that making the playoffs two straight years warranted a return for Coughlin, even though they were abysmal for the second half of the season.

They should have taken into account how bad the NFC was. If their goal is the Super Bowl, there's no way they would beat an AFC team with Coughlin running the show.

The Giants have informed Coughlin that he will not be fired and is coming back for another season at the helm. The team, however, will likely ask him to make changes to his staff and take a different approach with the players.

Coughlin, believe it or not, isn't regarded inside his locker room as negatively as he is by fans and the media. In fact, some of his team leaders quietly supported him behind the scenes this week, pointing blame instead at some of Coughlin's assistants.

Very, very quietly I guess :huh:.

It was suggested on espn that maybe they are just keeping him around for one more year until Cowher decides to re-enter the coaching job market next year :shrug:.

Last edited:
Chizip said:
so it looks like tom coughlin might actually remain as the giants coach :giggle:

Whatever happend to Dave Meggett :sad:
He was one of my favorite runner guyz.

MrPryck2U said:
Holy Shit, Sicy, you gotta look up Dave Meggett right now on Wikipedia! It's funny that you mentioned him.

:ohmy:

Meggett was released by the New England Patriots in 1998 after being accused of sexually assaulting a prostitute in a Toronto hotel room. While with the Giants, Meggett was also charged with lewdness after allegedly soliciting sex from an undercover Baltimore police officer.

In 2004, Meggett surrendered to Dedham, Massachusetts authorities for failing to produce $191,600 that he owed in child support.

On September 1st, 2006, he was formally charged with the Second Degree Rape of his girlfriend. A month later, amid the charges, he resigned his post as the parks and recreation director of Robersonville, North Carolina. Dave Meggett has a son Davin Meggett who resides in Clinton MD. He is following in his fathers foot steps as a running back. He is currently Marylands top running backs

I dont like him anymore :(

Yes, I'd forgotten about him until you brought up his name. Then I went and looked him up. Needless to say, the guy is scum.

DaveC said:
Well, there's one less team to worry about next year in the NFC East...:wink:
Of course if the Iggles decide to let Chunky "Its all about me, F the team and winning" Soup start again next season, they'll be looking up at a 2-14 Giants team.

Even when the Giants have really sucked in years past, their worst record was only 6-10. I don't see them going 2-14 next season. Their schedule won't be too tough because they only went 8-8 this year.
The Eagles have better chance of winning with McNaab as QB.

MrPryck2U said:

The Eagles have better chance of winning with McNaab as QB.
Games when McNabb starts this season: 5-5
Games when Garcia starts this season: 6-1 (5-1 reg, 1-0 playoffs)

Included in Garcia's run is winning 3 straight road games against all 3 division opponents, an incredibly difficult stretch of the schedule.

The Eagles' have now seen what has been holding them back, and its the dude who puked in the Superbowl, not the slender coach, not the courageous WR who returned early from a devastating knee injury to play an inspiring Superbowl just to be run out of town by that soup eating QB and his vociferous mother.

The question is are the Iggles smart enough to unload him this offseason and possibly propel themselves into a Patriot like championship run over the next few years or will they let him play again, make a lot of money in endorsements, pay little attention to the team and mire them in mediocrity again?

Hewson said:

Included in Garcia's run is winning 3 straight road games against all 3 division opponents, an incredibly difficult stretch of the schedule.

The Eagles' have now seen what has been holding them back, and its the dude who puked in the Superbowl, not the slender coach, not the courageous WR who returned early from a devastating knee injury to play an inspiring Superbowl just to be run out of town by that soup eating QB and his vociferous mother.

The question is are the Iggles smart enough to unload him this offseason and possibly propel themselves into a Patriot like championship run over the next few years or will they let him play again, make a lot of money in endorsements, pay little attention to the team and mire them in mediocrity again?

ohhhh snap!

Oh snap? Give Garcia the ball when the season starts. Then we'll see how well he does. With a healthy McNaab on the sidelines waiting for Garcia to fuck up, we'll see how well he does under pressure.

looks as if the colts just arrived in baltimore...

colts_baltimore.jpg

Well, Baltimore showed Indy. Indy hasn't even made it to the Super Bowl since they left, but Baltimore has already won one. Oh that's right, Baltimore used to be the Browns and the poor Browns never won.

I wills see them off tomorrow at 2pm EST via airplane...not Mayflower moving van!

colts_baltimore.jpg

Jeff Saturday makes one hell of a speed bump! :lol:

Hewson said:

Eagles w. McNabb: 60-65% throw
Eagles w. Garcia: 50% throw

There was never any balance in the offense until McNabb went down, give Garcia the same playbook as McNabb and he goes 1-5

colts_baltimore.jpg

:ohmy:

I really hate to post again, but I have to say how irritated it makes me (and other Colts fans I know) that the Colts get hated for leaving Baltimore, yet look at those Baltimore hypocrites, playing their CLEVELAND BROWNS in purple uniforms! :lmao:

Yep, remember the Ravens are the Browns! The current Browns are an expansion team (duh I know) but the league played a stupid game and gave the Browns' records to the new Browns, ah, but the Colts still have the old Colts' history and the Titans have the old Oilers' history so it's lame. In reality, the real Browns, the ones with the history of Byner, Sipe, Jim Brown and Otto Graham, are actually now the Ravens. So bite me Baltimore!

I really like the matchups this weekend.

A Whale's Vagina vs. New England will be epic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom