All Grammy discussion goes here PART 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have one more thing to say. This total domination of the Grammy's is just a huge "in your face" to all the negative people that criticize negatively or put down U2 or any of its band members for whatever reason. This proves that they are still relevant to the music industry and the world in a big way. Even though they can't please everyone all the time, the Grammy's is a classy organization in my eyes for showing appreciation to U2.

HTDAAB was not U2's best, but still better than the rest of that garbage. Way to go boys. BTW, the grammys suck ass. Lets cut off Larry and then cut off what we cut off Larry to get to. Sinatra all over again.

macphisto07 said:
I have one more thing to say. This total domination of the Grammy's is just a huge "in your face" to all the negative people that criticize negatively or put down U2 or any of its band members for whatever reason.

Uh, no. Considering how many people already think the Grammy's are a joke, I doubt the awards they give out will influence anyone but a few teenyboppers who'll think "OMG IT WUN I SHOOD BYE IT!!!11!!!11"

firstlove said:
do people seem to think that just because someone makes a grammar mistake

Yes. Yes I do.

Especially after repeating the mistake 1500 times, even after the offering of advice.

I was just messing around, but now it's getting embarrassing. It's on the verge of being less funny than painful to watch unravel and spiral into the pits of chaos. Probably time for me to hit the "Exit."

Headache in a Suitcase said:

so he/she doesn't know what daniel lanois looks like... why is that a big deal?

if brian eno walked by, i couldn't pick him out. who cares?
Only because you'd be blinded by the light reflecting off his bald spot.

namkcuR said:

My God. Did you all sleep through English class?

YOUR is possessive, as in YOUR MUSIC or YOUR CLOTHES.

YOU'RE is the contraction for YOU ARE, as in IF YOU ARE ACTUALLY A U2 FAN.

Sorry, I guess all YOUR 4,000 post are without a single mistake. :wink:

firstlove said:
do people seem to think that just because someone makes a grammar mistake, that that gives everyone a right to make fun of them?

When it's a silly mistake that you should know not to make by halfway through primary school, yes. Mock away.

macphisto07 said:
I have one more thing to say. This total domination of the Grammy's is just a huge "in your face" to all the negative people that criticize negatively or put down U2 or any of its band members for whatever reason. This proves that they are still relevant to the music industry and the world in a big way. Even though they can't please everyone all the time, the Grammy's is a classy organization in my eyes for showing appreciation to U2.

No matter who wins a Grammy, people are still entitled to their opinions; good, bad or indifferent. :shrug: It seems that many people here seem to forget this.

gitrgi said:
Is OOTS eligible for next year's grammys?
That'd be funny if a song originally recorded in 2004 and released as a promotional single in 2005 got an award for Song of the Year of 2006 in 2007.

Last edited:
Did anyone else get cut off toward the end of the all star tribute?? At 11:33 my local CBS network cuts in for the local news..:mad: The damn song wasn't even over!

If U2 had lost, all of you would be saying how much the Grammys suck and don't mean anything. But U2 swept, so it's such a HUGE honor for them.

:rolleyes:

In-your-face I say!

Of course they are entitled to an opinion whatever that may be. There are just a lot of people that don't get U2 and make a lot of uninformed assumptions about them. I just wish to extend my joy in the fact that they beat all these other artists that people think are so great. It really puts things in perspective for fans of Maria Carey and whatever else is out there.

Musicians that are not U2 < U2

typhoon said:

That'd be funny if a song originally recorded in 2004 and released as a promotional single in 2005 got an award for Song of the Year of 2006 in 2007.

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom