A Tattoo thread.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got this one... the bird from Bono's drawings of Peter and the Wolf.
birdietattoo.jpg

^ haha I did get my cat. :D

Anyway, I just got a star on my foot today by my friend Johnny who's learning how to tat. Yes I was brave and let him :lol: My cousin and her friend have a star on their foot and she's been bugging me to do it too so this was a good opportunity.

startat.jpg

Neat, a tattoo thread :D

My tattoo is not nearly as pretty as it could be, because I got it when I was 17, from someone just learning how to do them.

13close.jpg

13, on my right hip. (Because the number stalks me/is my favourite/etc.)

Someday, when I can be bothered, I'm going to go and have it filled in and touched up a bit, and have a black rose added beside it.

Wow.... a lot has happened in the 2 yrs since I last posted in this thread. Interesting you should pull this one out of the archives, Sicy. I did end up getting a 2nd tattoo, but it's a universe removed from what I had in mind when I posted the pics of my first one.

This one's on the back of my left shoulder & it's a hawk in memory of my dad; he was called "Hawk" when he was younger. I got it 1.29.06 in honor of what would have been his 62nd birthday on 2.1.06. (He died suddenly Aug. 29th of last year. :sad: ) I may end up putting some lettering with it eventually, like my brother did with his, I just haven't decided yet.
3477%3B554%3B%7Ffp34%3A%3Enu%3D3243%3E872%3E7%3B4%3EWSNRCG%3D3233%3A34336993nu0mrj

lizardactual.jpg

Lower back - his name is Joe, after the guy that did it, about 7 yrs ago.
I just won a gift certificate for another place in town, so I will be getting an Irish flag, and a Canadian flag.

:up: that's a good one, I like it, U2Dem.

I want a couple more tattoos, for sure something U2 and I have lots of ideas. When we go to Hawaii in Dec. a group of us are going to go together to get tattoos at H&H! I can't wait!

Carek1230 said:
:up: that's a good one, I like it, U2Dem.

I want a couple more tattoos, for sure something U2 and I have lots of ideas. When we go to Hawaii in Dec. a group of us are going to go together to get tattoos at H&H! I can't wait!

That's such a cool idea Carek! Im seriously thinking of getting a tattoo in the near future. Will be U2 related but have no clue really what is is that I want to get. Know I want something small and signifcant. If I were going to Hawaii (wish I was,lol),than I would probably get one there.

Btw U2Dem I think your design is really good too :)

I had a friend design a joshua tree with U2 hidden in the branches (is that what you call them?) of the tree. We played with sizes and colors and shading. Not sure if I am going to go with that and not sure where I want to put it though

In Hawaii I want a Hawaiian flower on my foot.

Yellow rose just above my left shoulderblade. (Hoping I didn't post this earlier in the thread.:reject: )

Carek1230 said:
I had a friend design a joshua tree with U2 hidden in the branches (is that what you call them?) of the tree. We played with sizes and colors and shading. Not sure if I am going to go with that and not sure where I want to put it though

In Hawaii I want a Hawaiian flower on my foot.

If you do go through with the design than it sounds like it will be very nice. Love the whole concept of it sounds very creative :yes:

I have a heart in a suitcase (my tattooist got a bit carried away when doing it so it looks more like an actual suitcase now than the u2 emblem) on the right side of my torso just above my hip. That was pretty painful, especially the colouring in and when he was doing the part closest to my stomach.
I'm getting 'one' on my inner left wrist pretty soon too.

I'd like to have a U2 tattoo on my inner wrist too but just not sure which symbol...when it comes to me I'll know and that is when I will have it done. Maybe one on each wrist.

I have Led Zeppelin's 4 symbols on my back, down my spine. They're nearly a week old :wink:, and they're my first tattoos . Here's a pic of them (I put this in my journal already but what the hey):

zepback.jpg

BluRmGrl said:

There seems to be a face inside the hawk's eye??? is there and was that intended...?

I, of all peoples, am thinking of getting a tatto on my back on my shoulder blade....there reason, its the only part of my body that hasn't been compromise by use of topical steriods,.....my skin tears like paper or I bruise for a week everywhere else...any thoughts on this from others with the same skin?????

ps...Hi Lisa..,,,:hug:

Last edited:
I definetly want a U2 suitcase tattoo and an ankh tattoo, but since I have diabetes, Im not sure if its alright so Im going to talk to my doctor about it.

The biggest thing holding me back from going ahead with a tattoo is the needle. Hate them with a passion but can tolerate it when I get a shot at the doctor's. Just not sure how I would react when I have one branding my skin :yikes:

Carek1230 your still thinking about the joshua tree idea? I hope the design gets used one day.. if you don't get it I may have to..hehe.

I can't wait to get one in Hawaii... I got so many ideas but can't pick one.

Mr. BAW said:

There seems to be a face inside the hawk's eye??? is there and was that intended...?

ps...Hi Lisa..,,,:hug:

It's not there intentionally (it's just the lighting in the pic) but now that you mention it, I can see what you're talking about. Kinda' creepy. :ohmy:

ps... Hi Rick.... :kiss: :)

agentmissa said:
Carek1230 your still thinking about the joshua tree idea? I hope the design gets used one day.. if you don't get it I may have to..hehe.

I can't wait to get one in Hawaii... I got so many ideas but can't pick one.

I know! Decisions, decisions! Hey do you still happen to have a copy of that Celtic Capricorn one I sent you that I was thinking about? I can't find it anywhere now. Waaaaaaaaaa!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom