A mixed up world we live in...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moonlit_Angel

Blue Crack Addict
In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de
Child killer places Net personal ad

Susan Smith, who killed sons, seeks pen pals
Smith's personal ad says, in part: "I consider myself to be sensitive, caring and kind-hearted. I?m currently serving a life sentence on the charge of murder."

ASSOCIATED PRESS

COLUMBIA, S.C., July 11 ? Convicted child killer Susan Smith has placed an online personal ad from behind bars, seeking pen pals with a list of loves including Mickey Mouse, rainbows and waterfalls.

Corrections Director Jon Ozmint confirmed Friday that Smith paid for the ad with a check from her South Carolina Department of Corrections account.

?I HOPE to receive letters from those who are not judgmental and who are sincere,? reads the ad, accompanied by a photo of a smiling Smith, 31, wearing sweat pants marked ?SC Department of Corrections.?

Smith, who is serving a life sentence, gained notoriety in 1994 for going on national television to tearfully plead for the return of her missing sons. She later admitted strapping 3-year-old Michael and 14-month-old Alex into their car seats and rolling the sleeping boys into a lake.

In the $40 advertisement, posted last month on Edgewater, Fla.-based writeaprisoner.com, Smith says, ?I will always hurt for the pain I?ve caused so many, especially my children.?

RAINBOWS AND MICKEY MOUSE
The ad has resulted in thousands of hits and more than 500 e-mails that have been forwarded to Smith, said spokesman Jason Roberts. ?Susan is by far our biggest celebrity inmate,? he said.

?I love rainbows, Mickey Mouse, the beach, mountains and waterfalls,? Smith?s ad reads. ?I consider myself to be sensitive, caring and kind-hearted. I?m currently serving a life sentence on the charge of murder.?

Smith?s mother, Linda Russell, said the ad may be a hoax.

But Corrections Director Jon Ozmint confirmed Friday that Smith paid for the ad with a check from her South Carolina Department of Corrections account. Prisoners often have accounts for the small amount of money they earn doing jobs behind bars.

Smith?s personal life has made headlines before. Two prison guards were disciplined for having sex with Smith three years ago. One was sentenced to 90 days in jail, the other was put on probation.

? 2003 Associated Press

Um...yeah...how very odd...

Angela

that susan smith, is freaking twisted!!, maybe i say MORE twisted

SENSTIVE & CAREING :scratch: :tsk:

oh by the way my 400th post! :wave:
what else can i plug while i'm here...........

chelsea was just a baby when this bitch killed her kids.
i remember how i cried for those boys.

i am so against her having any kind of privileges.
access to the internet. how sick.

she doesn't even deserve the thought it's taking me to write these words.

:down:

bonosgirl84 said:
chelsea was just a baby when this bitch killed her kids.
i remember how i cried for those boys.

i am so against her having any kind of privileges.
access to the internet. how sick.

she doesn't even deserve the thought it's taking me to write these words.

:down:

*Nods* Amen.

Originally posted by bono_man2002
SENSTIVE & CAREING

I know! And then right after that she notes that she's in jail for murder.

Uh...yeah...that's smart.

Angela

But she nees love just like everybody else.

*Please note the sarcasm of the above statement*

To me, the fact that she killed her kids was horrific enough but add to it the fact that she sat next to her husband, held his hand and cried with him as he pleaded for the safe return of his babies. That shows what a manipulative, cold hearted person she really is...who in their right mind would correspond with her, let alone believe a single word that comes out of her mouth?

Micky Mouse and rainbows my ass.

:down: :tsk:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
woah prisoners have access to the internet?

my thoughts exactly too...I mean, it's prison, you're a prisoner...prisoners shouldn't be granted access to the internet or other things like playing games, and watching tv, etc...they are after all, being punished right? Some of them probably get better treatment and have access to more things, like the internet, in prison than they would at home or on the street :tsk: :confused:

She doesn't have direct access to the internet...this webside puts up the ads for a fee and prints the emails for her...they also encourage potential penpals to send letters by snail mail because its faster.

I could be wrong but I don't think prisoners anywhere in the US have internet access.

I read this morning that the website crashed yesterday due to a flood of emails directed at her so they've asked her to withdraw her ad and they'll give her back her $40 fee.

Bono's American Wife said:
I read this morning that the website crashed yesterday due to a flood of emails directed at her so they've asked her to withdraw her ad and they'll give her back her $40 fee.

I told you she is hot. :censored:

I want to be a pen pal with that teacher from the Seattle area who had sex with her student - even after she went to prison. What was her name? :huh:

I don't see why this is news. First off, that "personal ad" is on WriteaPrisoner.com. If you are going on WriteaPrisoner.com, then you are expecting a prisoner!

This is not to defend what Susan Smith did, but to condemn this unnecessary piece of journalism. Whether or not she gets pen pals really shouldn't matter one iota to us.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom