2010 FIFA World Cup! Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooal!!!!!

They were stoked.

I lol'd. I bet the were totally stoked. And if SA can hold on for a another 25, the crowd will be totally fucking stoked.

This is where soccer is awesome. There's that build up to the first goal, and then that nervous anticipation to either hold on to that lead, or get that goal back, depending which side you're on. Either way, it's awesome, sorta. Brings the stoked level down a bit though. It's easy to lose that stoked sensation until you get a nice 3 goal lead. Then you get totally stoked again. Fuckin A, I love this sport.

Sat at the office now wishing I could be watching this :angry:

Come on SA, will be great if they could start with a win. Nobody gave them a chance of getting out of that group.

Looking forward to France vs Uruguay tonight with a few cold beers :drool:

Fucking love the World Cup.

Good game, particularly second half. Result was fair overall, Mexico had good opportunities in the first half.

Now let's go Uruguay!

This mornings game was great. Mexico couldve won. I still have hope for them.

I'm totally rootin for France next game! Set with my Zidane jersey and all. ( I wonder who'll be the headbutt darling of this world cup)
Allez Les bleus!!!

...and Damn these time zones! :grumpy: I'm going to rely on my radio here at work

Group A seems to be the weakest group in the competition. We will see this afternoon. But both South Africa and Mexico will need to improve dramatically if they want to make it far in this tournament.

Go Uruguay this afternoon!

Y vamos Argentina!!!!!!!

Bad luck for SA with that late ball on the post but overal it was a pretty equal game. The first half was really boring though. Luckily the second half was a lot better.

I'm hoping for a Uruguay win against France. Domenech is an asshole.

Gosh I love the World Cup.

8 more days until I'm off to South Africa!!:hyper:

:hyper:

this :wink:

Winner: Spain
Runner Up: Germany
Dark Horse: Netherlands *
Biggest Embarrasment : England

* dearly love to put Australia in there :hmm:

and just quietly, I am loving the time zone diffs . . . means I get to see at least 2 games live and thanks to the lovely SBS peeps, the other in full at some stage on game day *hippity hoppity happy*

c'mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon France

8 more days until I'm off to South Africa!!:hyper:

that is awesome you are going.

i remember when a bunch of u2 people i knew back in 97 went down there for the last dates of the pop tour.

very jealous

I'm really getting excited! Can't wait to finally land in Cape Town.

It was amazing to see that first goal today. I am so pumped for the games tomorrow, mostly for Argentina-Nigeria, although the England-USA one will be great fun too.

I'm really getting excited! Can't wait to finally land in Cape Town.

It was amazing to see that first goal today. I am so pumped for the games tomorrow, mostly for Argentina-Nigeria, although the England-USA one will be great fun too.

Will you get to some games while you are there . . . and um, if so, which ones?

< *nosey* :)

^ clearly everyone else around here has fallen asleep :lol:

2nd half definitely better than first . . . both teams taking a few more risks which always add to the excitement level . . . 1st half seemed to me like both teams were a little overwhelmed by the spectre of being at.the.world.cup . . . *is no expert but loving it nonetheless*

Haha, yes I will, though not really what I'd want to see (Portugal - North Korea).

I am only staying in South Africa for about 6 days before I head north to other places, so I didn't have many choices. But still should be great fun!

Haha, yes I will, though not really what I'd want to see (Portugal - North Korea).

I am only staying in South Africa for about 6 days before I head north to other places, so I didn't have many choices. But still should be great fun!

:applaud: for these kind of events I don't think it really matters what you see to be honest . . . sure it's fabbo to see a team that you follow, or one of the gun teams, but really, just to be there and soak up all the fabulousness is enough sometimes :up:

have a blast anitram :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom