Would anyone know this guy who worked with U2 in early 80's is/was????????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
Girls, would any of u know the name of that gorgeous guy, who........ok let me explain.

If you have The Unforgettable Fire Collection

The video of U2 singing 'Bad' in front of the crowd.

There is a quick shot of this guy offside, I think he quickly moves the lead round or fixes it in some way, out of the way or so..before looking up at Bono or Edge...

He is DEF not the guy we see once moving the speaker at front of stage forward or backward.

This guy has like longish straight hair.............

this may sound a daft question but remember a member of the early team died??? Some report in 1998 or something? Hot Press had a pic and the guy in pic looked similar to this one......but I could be wrong and getting mixed up.

Any ideas????????

:kiss:

Well I can't find my copy of the tape right now :( but I have a few guesses? Steve Lillywhite worked with them in the early 80's but I think he was gone by UF because they had Eno who was on the tape. I know Daniel Lanois used to have long hair and looked very different (see: younger and better) than he does now. Maybe it was him. The only person I heard of who died on their team was Greg Carroll, who was killed in the motorcycle wreck of Guggi's bike in 1986 and One Tree Hill was written about him. But he was a big guy of Aborigonal New Zealand decent so I doubt that was the guy in the film, besides, he was just some kind of roadie and not a producer. Sorry I haven't paid much attention to the technical and behind the scenes production staff stuff, too busy looking at Bono :eek:

Hi U2Kitten! :wave:

no darlin......:) I know the person Im looking name of isnt Daniel....this guy, def in the shot of how I described above.......his face is a wee bit thin looking and his eyes almost piercing........

Ach fiddlesticks!

*wishes Bono would put bloomin names up of the Tour helpers on screen so that his fans can mob them too*

Ok Maddie, now this is buggin' me! I'm gonna have to go find my tape and watch it! I probably don't know either though. Maybe one of the guys who are into production stuff would know, can you post this on EYKIW too?

I wonder if this was Rocco maybe? This pic is from December, a little blurry:

336%3B3%3B5523232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2325%3D427%3D9%3A%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E23233584744%3C5ot1lsi

May be hard to tell with a 20 year time difference, but I know Rocco has been with the band for a very long time.

Maybe you're thinking of the band's body guard who was almost killed during the Popmart tour? When they were in Mexico City? Maybe that's who the magazine was talking about. His name escapes me at the moment...but he wasn't a tech so I don't think it was the same guy.

Maybe this guy was just a roadie for the particular tour and doesn't work with the band anymore.

Maybe we can get someone to do a screen capture of this guy to help? :shrug:

~J

Edited to apologize for saying "maybe" so much. :)

Hmmm, it might be this guy Rocco BonoSlave.....but Im not sure at the mom..

If none of u ladies has said anymore from watching or perhaps knowing, I will find out where exactly between two shots this guy appears, so as not to confuse u....okey dokey?

Thanks so far though..............

:)

Back
Top Bottom