Song that needs a video!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DreamOutLoud13 said:

I just happened to find this after you mentioned it, and thought I should share it:

http://s58.y s i .com/d.aspx?id=26EAMUXXSBC111EG4D3Q32H9N7

Hmm, my thoughts on it... even though it's just clips, it managed to maintain that stark intensity I love so much. Some of the clips also seem to cement that theory that the song is about terrorism. Also, there's a bit of Bono/Edge love in there, which is always nice.

BonoxEdge love is always good :drool:
oooh I've seen a .gif of taht before... Edge's movement after it... priceless :D
it's a strange video... really non-U2ish... it makes me sad... :(

I just noticed, The Best of 1990-2000 Bsides.. The Lady With The Spinning Head... it looks a lot like The Fly to me :s
and my pc is messing up the song order.. it says song 1 is Salome... song 8 Lady with spinning head .. weirdness.. it has messed up all the songs :confused:

Last edited:
4th of July should be a lot of fish swimming around in slow motion, and light beams shimmering in the water.

A Man and a Woman definitely needs a video based on Adam. Aww.

Thanks for that video for "Love is Blindness", it is really intense. Interesting too, I never thought of that song being about terrorism but that does give a different perspective.

My idea for that video would've been something like this: Bono and a woman start out on a parked car on a crowded street, maybe kissing, but we just see them being happy. Near "Thread is ripping // the knot is slipping", she leaves the car and all the lights dim. He follows her through the city, Larry, Edge and Adam play people in the crowd, we glimpse them throughout the video. Most of it is in shadow and we keep seeing glimpses of her right before she fades to shadow again. At "a little death without mourning" we cut to Bono recieving a call at his home, we don't hear the conversation but he looks crushed. From "A dangerous idea that almost makes sense" we see Bono wander back out into the dark city and it fades from there.

I just re-read what I wrote and....that's a depressing video. Then again, the song isn't too happy either.

I wish "Gone" would've come out earlier. Has anyone seen "Heat" with Robert De Niro and Al Pacino? I think a video with clips from that film merged with a live performance of "Gone" would be great.

"Do You Feel Loved" just because umm, Bono would have to be in it, acting out the lyrics that he wrote. Purely for PLEBAn benefit.

"Fast Cars" could be in the theme of Vertigo, but with a political statement about the Iraq war. "I got the nightly news to get to know the enemy"

"40" as a live performance, just because the rest of the world needs to know how bittersweet is is to keep singing "How Long to Sing this Song" after they've left the stage.

Targon1991 said:
Do You Feel Loved

imagine...

:drool: :drool: :drool: :combust:

I musrt... not... try... to... :drool:
too much for me brain in the early morning!
:faint:

I mean, that video would be...
Bono singing the song... me there.., undoing his laces... tie him down and ripping his shirt off..
:combust: :combust: :drool: :drool:

I once saw something like a "psychic video" when listening to "wild honey" :ohmy:
ok you may think this is one of their wost song but according to me there's something very visual in it...something that can become very catchy with a good video..

ciao,
Tom

youtooellen said:

if 'One Tree Hill' could have an actual video, I'd imagine a landscape-ish area. the wind is blowing by them and Bono is singing to the camera. scenes of a romantic relationship going awry could also work. and of course Bono's shirt would be open so that the wind could breeze into his chest.... :shifty:

One Tree Hill - good idea. Lots of Hobbits, Elves and Dwarves floating around. Maybe U2 singing at Bilbo's party under the party tree!!!!!:wink:

Larry shirtless!!!:drool: Larry singing. Bono should let him sing more!!!

crystal4470 said:

One Tree Hill - good idea. Lots of Hobbits, Elves and Dwarves floating around. Maybe U2 singing at Bilbo's party under the party tree!!!!!:wink:

Larry shirtless!!!:drool: Larry singing. Bono should let him sing more!!!

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

I am really loving the song" A man and a woman"
That song needs a video..I will be glad to star in it.

THE SCENE-
The garden of eden
THE Characters-
Adam and Eve
THE STARS-
Sir Adam Clayton:adam: and Lady Carmel:sexywink:
:heart:

*this video will contain partial nudity, parental discretion is advised*

Last edited:
ok new song, new scenario
If You Wear That Velvet Dress (Jools Holland Version)
Bono.. sitting in some dark Pub, a candlelight at his table, smoking a cigar, a glass of wine in front of him.... when he starts singing, some more lights slightly go on so you can see his face, it's still dark around him... he looks right into the camera with his beautiful babyblues piercing right trough your heart... camera goes dark again... and lighter... a woman enters... (in a velvet dress ofcourse... and yes, that would be me :drool: I hate dresses, but for him I'd wear one!) He sees her... starts singing with more passion... sips from his drink... gets up... invites her over... gets her a drink.. sits across the table from her, taking her hands softly in his... stroking them while singing.. she blushes... he smiles... *now the lines: It's a private show, no-one else's gonna now... I waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant it * he kisses her hands... she giggles a little, blushes more.. , the place is in lights suddenly, we see Edge at the piano in black shades and a suit... bluesy style... Bono's in suit ofcourse, all blues style, and he has no shades on ofcourse! Bono gets up, and leans a little on the piano, singing from the deepest ends of his heart.... he asks her for a dance, and they dance for the rest of the song, her head resting on those gorgeous broad shoulders,.........

bonocomet said:
very good Gg. I see that dance in a dirty-dancing style though :ohmy:
thank you... and well, I meant it more as a romantic dance... as in the vid of When Stars Go Blue, the way Bono dances with Andrea Corr(very pretty woman btw!) ... sooo cute.. :cute: Bono's a real gentleman there :wink:

Whenever I hear the song Luminous Times (Hold on To Love) I always picture waves crashing on a beach at night, and there's a full moon. I picture Bono walking on the beach by himself singing and looking soulful. I never really thought about what he would be wearing, but if I were allowed to direct a video for this song I would put him in dark pants and a half-unbuttoned white shirt.

Galeongirl said:
If You Wear That Velvet Dress (Jools Holland Version)
MY version:

In the middle of a dimly lit club, sits a shiny black grand piano. The area around the piano is lit with a blue-ish light, while the rest of the room falls into shadow. Dunno who's playing the piano, Jools, or Edge, it doesn't matter, so long as Bono's hands are free.
As the music begins, Bono approaches the piano, singing, dressed in a simple black suit, with a black shirt beneath (no tie, unbuttoned collar). He reaches the piano midway through the first verse, and leans against it as he sings.
When he reaches the second verse, he steps away from the piano, moving back out toward the shadows, there are plenty of people sitting around, though you can't see many of them very well.
When he reaches the "Do you really want me to be blue as you?" bit, he reaches out and takes a woman's hand, pulling her up and into his arms. She is of course, wearing a (blue) velvet dress. He sexily sings the last part of the verse with his mouth mere inches from hers.
He leads her over to the piano, where he lifts her up onto the piano. She lays down on her side, and he sings to her, leaning against the piano. On the "If you wear that velvet dress..." chorus, he strokes his hand along the fabric of her dress while he sings.
On the next verse he lifts himself onto the piano, at first just sitting on the edge, but on the "No one else gonna know" line, he lays down next to her. She's on her back now, and he's on his side, singing to her. On the "I'm waaaanting.." line, he reaches out and strokes her face. He continues singing, moving closer as he does, almost moving on top of her.
When he reaches the chorus again, he once more begins stroking the fabric of the dress, this time in a much more seductive manner, almost completely exposing her thigh by pushing the fabric upwards.
Now, when he gets to the "Hold me, baby" interlude (which is too hot for it's own good) the video really starts to get steamy. He moves completely on top of her (sort of a reverse Melpop Roll) and his focus is entirely on her, as though in his passion, he's completely forgotten that he's supposed to be up here singing a song. He's whispering the lines directly into her ear.
For the final verse, he rolls off of her and sits on the edge of the piano once more, his back to her and sings. On "Who'll catch the star when he falls?" he slides off of the piano and back onto his feet.
For the final chorus, he moves a few feet away from the piano. He turns and looks back to her for the first line of the chorus, but then turns his back on her completely for the remainder of the song, looking back just once to say "I'm sorry".

Yea, that was long-winded, but details are important to all of us, I think. Part of that may be a bit too hot for MTV though :reject:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

MY version:

In the middle of a dimly lit club, sits a shiny black grand piano. The area around the piano is lit with a blue-ish light, while the rest of the room falls into shadow. Dunno who's playing the piano, Jools, or Edge, it doesn't matter, so long as Bono's hands are free.
As the music begins, Bono approaches the piano, singing, dressed in a simple black suit, with a black shirt beneath (no tie, unbuttoned collar). He reaches the piano midway through the first verse, and leans against it as he sings.
When he reaches the second verse, he steps away from the piano, moving back out toward the shadows, there are plenty of people sitting around, though you can't see many of them very well.
When he reaches the "Do you really want me to be blue as you?" bit, he reaches out and takes a woman's hand, pulling her up and into his arms. She is of course, wearing a (blue) velvet dress. He sexily sings the last part of the verse with his mouth mere inches from hers.
He leads her over to the piano, where he lifts her up onto the piano. She lays down on her side, and he sings to her, leaning against the piano. On the "If you wear that velvet dress..." chorus, he strokes his hand along the fabric of her dress while he sings.
On the next verse he lifts himself onto the piano, at first just sitting on the edge, but on the "No one else gonna know" line, he lays down next to her. She's on her back now, and he's on his side, singing to her. On the "I'm waaaanting.." line, he reaches out and strokes her face. He continues singing, moving closer as he does, almost moving on top of her.
When he reaches the chorus again, he once more begins stroking the fabric of the dress, this time in a much more seductive manner, almost completely exposing her thigh by pushing the fabric upwards.
Now, when he gets to the "Hold me, baby" interlude (which is too hot for it's own good) the video really starts to get steamy. He moves completely on top of her (sort of a reverse Melpop Roll) and his focus is entirely on her, as though in his passion, he's completely forgotten that he's supposed to be up here singing a song. He's whispering the lines directly into her ear.
For the final verse, he rolls off of her and sits on the edge of the piano once more, his back to her and sings. On "Who'll catch the star when he falls?" he slides off of the piano and back onto his feet.
For the final chorus, he moves a few feet away from the piano. He turns and looks back to her for the first line of the chorus, but then turns his back on her completely for the remainder of the song, looking back just once to say "I'm sorry".

Yea, that was long-winded, but details are important to all of us, I think. Part of that may be a bit too hot for MTV though :reject:

that.. is... utterly.. brilliant!

but yes, MTV would not air it... they only accept videos with bimbo girls in nearly-nothing and violence, but they don't accept romantic stuff with a little bit of eroticism in it...
hypocrisy?

That is amazing... romantic with a touch of erotica... :drool: I wonder if Pleba will ever be the same again if that actually happened!! :D

Babydoll said:
That is amazing... romantic with a touch of erotica... :drool: I wonder if Pleba will ever be the same again if that actually happened!! :D
I think they'd lose a lot of members to the hospital!!!!!

no, hhaha.... imagine if this actually happened.... Bono reading in the newspapers, "Bono and U2 fans admitted to hospital after seeing new video... apparently it was too hot to handle!!"
:lol: :lmao:

Babydoll said:
no, hhaha.... imagine if this actually happened.... Bono reading in the newspapers, "Bono and U2 fans admitted to hospital after seeing new video... apparently it was too hot to handle!!"
:lol: :lmao:
lol I read your message wrong..... :lmao:
I do wonder how Bono would react on it... would he visit us? (that wouldn't be that good for our recovery tho.. but still )

I meant, what if he reads in the newspapers that fans have gone to hospital becoz of his blue eyed stare, chest and smile? :D What would he think? :lmao:

Babydoll said:
I meant, what if he reads in the newspapers that fans have gone to hospital becoz of his blue eyed stare, chest and smile? :D What would he think? :lmao:

:bono: hmm... ok that's it... I'll button my shirts from now on, wear dark shades 24/7 and ask Larry for a training in 'how not to smile for 30 years'....

It's so funny how larry doesn't smile, ever, haha. he also hates appearing in videos and all that jazz. why? isn't he a... rock star? member of the worlds greatest band? :tongue: at larry

Back
Top Bottom