Pleban Girls Party - Memory Lane

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2isthebest said:

:hug: Thanks Russty! Just like if we were all working/going to school/etc. face to face in our everyday lives we wouldn't all get along, we won't here either. I realize I may have been a bit overzealous, but I was just trying to get to know people. I do have good intentions, so I hope people will be welcoming. You all certainly have and I really thank you!

People who are aggressively nice or cheery tend to annoy the piss out of me

Think of yourself as nermal and me as garfield
every once in awhile, I may box you up and try to send to to Abu Dabi, but mostly I'm a live and let live kinda gal

If everyone in the world were too similar it would be a damned boring place

VintagePunk said:
This is what I said:

This thread was started a little less than two years ago by a few posters, and several others quickly followed, and we all became very close friends. Many of us met and travelled together on the last tour. This became our place to hang out. Over time, others joined in, got to know us, and were welcomed.

Recently, there seems to be a rash of people coming in all at once, using the thread as their personal playground, posting nonsensical stuff, making little effort to get to know those who established the thread. This has been frustrating for many of the regulars, and some are posting here less and less frequently because of it.

All that said, we realize that we don't own the thread, and that there's nothing we can do about it. Still, it's been a little frustrating at times.

There was another thread this happened to, in OOC, and the regulars eventually gave up and ceded the thread to the new people. I'd hate to see that happen here.

I'd just like to add that every chat thread around here has its own unique tone, and perhaps it would be a good idea for newcomers to observe that? Just a suggestion.

It certainly wasn't directed specifically to you. Like I said, at least you DO seem to be making an effort to get to know us, and interact, even if you do need to realize that sometimes it just takes time. :) I find it somewhat amusing that, like you said, whoever's getting angry with you/said those things to you is most likely a newbie who should also take heed of that advice. :| Because honestly? There has been such an influx lately, it's been annoying. But with you? My advice is to just realize that it takes time to create bonds sometimes...and with that, you'll be fine. :hug:

Aww thanks VP!!:hug: Maybe the all the new people has something to do w/U2 being in the news like crazy for the past few weeks? I've been here, not here in PGP, but on Interference since August, and I've certainly noticed a lot of new members in the past few weeks. The advice is great, and I'll definitely take it to :heart: I was just a bit too eagar to get to know all you I guess!

Russty Cat said:

Brittany I wouldn't worry about it anymore. I think there are way to many people on here and not everyone is going to get along. All you can do is have the best intentions at heart and try to get along with people. :heart:

That is SUCH good advice! :yes: :heart:

U2isthebest said:

:lmao: Aren't we all? Like I said earlier, I may not look like it, but I'm totally gangsta. Compton really. No one messes with me...:lol: (I am the prissiest wimpiest girl on earth. LOL)

we're at total opposite ends of the spectrum from one another

Prissy annoys me. I was the girl in school who refused to wear dresses or the color pink, who caught bugs and pierced herself with safety pins, etc...

but I've learned a lot about patience and acceptance. You respect me and I'll show you respect, we're all free to be whoever we really are that way and in the end that's all I think anybody ever really wants; to be accepted for who they are

Sad_Girl said:

People who are aggressively nice or cheery tend to annoy the piss out of me

Think of yourself as nermal and me as garfield
every once in awhile, I may box you up and try to send to to Abu Dabi, but mostly I'm a live and let live kinda gal

If everyone in the world were too similar it would be a damned boring place

Ahh S_G your analogy was absolutely brilliant..:bow: :bow: Sorry if I came off as too excited. I guess it's because I am. LOL. I tend to annoy my friends/fam. a lot. I'm just an extremely shall we say "peppy?" person:wink: If everyone in the world was like me..:yikes:. I certainly never meant to make you uncomortable, so my apologies if I ever did anything to offen you.

U2isthebest said:

:lmao: Aren't we all? Like I said earlier, I may not look like it, but I'm totally gangsta. Compton really. No one messes with me...:lol: (I am the prissiest wimpiest girl on earth. LOL)

LOL Well I think I look alot more intimidating in real life. All the tattoos and piercings freak people out sometimes. But I haven't maimed anyone in a while. :laugh:

SG just likes to act all pissy so I have to spank her to keep her in line. :evil: :sexywink:

U2isthebest said:

Aww thanks VP!!:hug: Maybe the all the new people has something to do w/U2 being in the news like crazy for the past few weeks? I've been here, not here in PGP, but on Interference since August, and I've certainly noticed a lot of new members in the past few weeks. The advice is great, and I'll definitely take it to :heart: I was just a bit too eagar to get to know all you I guess!

I understand, and that's flattering, really. :) And the funny part is, as you get to know me, you may not even like me. :lol: That's okay though, not everyone likes everyone else, that's human nature. But I do appreciate that you're trying. :)

Not that this has been a private thread or anything...obviously we're just a tiny part of interference....but it kinda pisses me off that newbies who don't even fit in themselves are inviting others in. :| And IMO, I think that you'll eventually fit in better than those who I suspect invited you. :|

VintagePunk said:

Not that this has been a private thread or anything...obviously we're just a tiny part of interference....but it kinda pisses me off that newbies who don't even fit in themselves are inviting others in. :| And IMO, I think that you'll eventually fit in better than those who I suspect invited you. :|

Yes! Thank you, you just said it perfectly for me :yes:

it's frustrating when you have developed a habit, a place where you can come and know basically what to expect, and suddenly there is this whole new group of people doing things a totally different way than what you are used to - it's like being invaded :|

U2isthebest said:

Ahh S_G your analogy was absolutely brilliant..:bow: :bow: Sorry if I came off as too excited. I guess it's because I am. LOL. I tend to annoy my friends/fam. a lot. I'm just an extremely shall we say "peppy?" person:wink: If everyone in the world was like me..:yikes:. I certainly never meant to make you uncomortable, so my apologies if I ever did anything to offen you.

SG acts all pissy, but once you get past that crusty exterior, there's a total marshmallow underneath. :wink:

SG :kiss: :sexywink:

Sad_Girl said:

we're at total opposite ends of the spectrum from one another

Prissy annoys me. I was the girl in school who refused to wear dresses or the color pink, who caught bugs and pierced herself with safety pins, etc...

but I've learned a lot about patience and acceptance. You respect me and I'll show you respect, we're all free to be whoever we really are that way

Exactly! As a matter of fact most of my closest friends are exactly the way you've described yourself. If I tried to be friends w/another me I think we'd kill each other, or at least go at it "Mean Girls" style. :lol: When I was in middle school/early h.s. I was really intolerant of anyone who was different and I tried to box myself w/people exactly like me, and it sucked! Thank God I'm friends w/people w/diverse personalities and interests. It's SO much more fun and rewarding that way. I have to admit. You remind me so much of my friend Kim, who is one of my best friends in the world. Your personalities are so similar and so much stronger than mine, and I really admire that...:hug:

VintagePunk said:

I understand, and that's flattering, really. :) And the funny part is, as you get to know me, you may not even like me. :lol: That's okay though, not everyone likes everyone else, that's human nature. But I do appreciate that you're trying. :)

Unfortunately the ones who invited me, are not newbies, so it looks like I'm screwed..:| I certainly would never invite anyone in, since I've barely been here. Once again, thanks for the advice!

U2isthebest said:

Unfortunately the ones who invited me, are not newbies, so it looks like I'm screwed..:| I certainly would never invite anyone in, since I've barely been here. Once again, thanks for the advice!

I think I know who you are refering to and they are NOT PGP regulars, even if they have come in here a lot during the hours when the Regulars aren;t often here, in the past couple months :no:

they're visitors, really - not that they aren't welcome, but they haven't been around long

Last edited:
U2isthebest said:

Sweetie, yes, they ARE newbies. :yes: Whether they like to think so or not. :hug:

VintagePunk said:

Sweetie, yes, they ARE newbies. :yes: Whether they like to think so or not. :hug:

:yes:

they're visitors, really - not that they aren't welcome, but they haven't been around long and really they haven't tried to befriend anyone - they sort of crash the party usually

or at best have created their own little sub-group

VintagePunk said:

:lmao: I think I'm gonna PM you and let you know what's going on a little more, you probably know these people better than me, so maybe you'll have some insight into what's going on....:hug:

Sad_Girl said:

they're visitors, really - not that they aren't welcome, but they haven't been around long and really they haven't tried to befriend anyone - they sort of crash the party usually

or at best have created their own little sub-group

Ahh...party crashers...only funny in the movies. LOL. I certainly hope I didn't come off that way. I didn't mean to. I'd like to get to know those who have been here and longer, and know the ropes more so to speak...

Sad_Girl said:

they're visitors, really - not that they aren't welcome, but they haven't been around long

Not pointing them out exclusively....but I don't know either of them well, and it seems like they come in and chat amongst themselves, use our thread, and really, make little or no effort to get to know us, although in Wayne's case, he did meet Wild and Jem recently...

U2isthebest said:

:lmao: I think I'm gonna PM you and let you know what's going on a little more, you probably know these people better than me, so maybe you'll have some insight into what's going on....:hug:

By all means, feel free! :)

I saw some of the hostility today, and didn't quite understand. :huh:

VintagePunk said:

Not pointing them out exclusively....but I don't know either of them well, and it seems like they come in and chat amongst themselves, use our thread, and really, make little or no effort to get to know us, although in Wayne's case, he did meet Wild and Jem recently...

I think Wayne has the misfortune of bad timing, being on line here at the wrong times amongst the wrong groups

He's never done anything specifically to make me think he disrespects the thread or the PGP girls or anything - but he has only been hanging around for a little while, comparatively, and so still qualifies as a pgp newbie

these people, individually all seem like decent folks, and I don't mean to offend them - this is just a summary of some of my own observations of the things going on around here lately

Sad_Girl said:

you both love me best when I'm Bitchy, and you know it :flirt: :wink:

Just as long as you remember I'm the head bitch! :madwife: :wink: :laugh:

Okay I just heard the weirdest commercial. It sounded like some election commerical and at the end it said "Brought to you by your teddy bear." WTF? :eyebrow: :lol:

VintagePunk said:

You totally get me, in such an S&M kinda way....hurt me, baby. :drool: :lmao:

2.gif

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom