Pleban Girls Party: Going Crazy for the Boys Tonight .... and every night!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know :drool:

They came out and did a surprise 3rd encore at the show I went to and played Fast Cars. Bono totally butchered it. :cute:

I'm falling asleep and can't stay, but just wanted to say that because I'm a dork, I've been going through the old setlist party threads for the shows I was at last tour, and reading about how Fast Cars premiered in Toronto. :memories:

I spy a star who claims to be the brightest of them all lurking. :hyper:

:kiss:

Oh the wonders of catching up...

The radioactive lake? Where we were created? :eyebrow:

The one and only. :love:

Yeah, I am dissapointed. But I know she had some unexpected expenses. I'm not upset with her at all. Things happen. And who knows, she may be able to come? pray

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you both. There's still plenty of time, and I know how awesome it would be for both of you, and jem! :heart:

Croke 2:drool:

The best photo i have EVER taken :combust
[366.jpg[/IMG]

!!!!!!!

:drool:

I agree with VP. They could have played Im a little tea pot and I'd be happy. :lol

:lol:
I concur. While it would have been awesome to hear certain songs, I was just ecstatic to be there.
Actually, I was ecstatic about a lot of things. I don't think my first show could have gone better - between being on the rail, meeting mah girls :heart:, seeing Bono and Edge arrive....it was awesome all around.

:wave:

The Hokey Pokey ... might not be a bad idea to add to my growing list of "Dances I Will Do If Bono Ever Pulls Me Onstage."

The polka is at the top of the list, though. Do you think Irish dudes know how to polka?

Omg. That would be awesome. :lol:

Please, please do it. In fact, I will throw you on stage!
lol

That's exactly how the dream went. He was on a creaky wooden high school or church auditorium-type stage, went over to put the needle on a record player, and it started playing The Hokey Pokey, and he sang along with it. Myself and several children were on stage doing actions. When the song got over and I went to leave, I said something to the effect of "that was a lot of hokey, and not enough pokey." I can only guess that dream me was going for some sort of bizarre double entendre? I don't know.

But yes, by all means, they seem like Polka dancing sort of fellows, I'd give it a try if I were you.

You're.....special :kiss:

lmao

I would definitely bring polka music on your iPod just in case. Better to be safe than sorry!

I'm really torn about GA this time. Having a rail to lean on is essential, and being up close really does enhance my enjoyment of the show. It's like, being able to see the facial expressions of the performer makes me feel more involved in the show, I feel detached if I'm too far away. That goes for any performer, not just U2. Is that weird? :reject: But I think I'm going to wing it this leg, see how things are. If it's too crazy, I'll be at the side or back at the soundboard. If it's calmer, then I'll be in line for a spot up front.

!

It just seems really intimidating this time. It's soooo much bigger. Dude! But then again, I was pretty apprehensive about the ACC as well....and U2 ain't no NIN crowd. heh.
I feel the same though, I want to be close - especially since I've only got one show. And that's sorta why I wanted GA too....if I wanted to be far back I could have gotten seats (tho they are pricey).
I guess we'll see.
I don't know what I'm gonna do if the line ups are insane.

It's brilliant! :lol So much geeky stuff!

He's *such* a nerd! It's adorable.

Essential b-sides(IMO)
-Fast Cars(original and Jacknife Lee Mix)
-Lady With The Spinning Head
-North and South of the River
-Everlasting Love
-Spanish Eyes
-Luminous Times
-The Three Sunrises
-Native Son
-Xanax and Wine

My name is Bri, and I approve this list. :kiss:

To continue my spamming spree. (You girls don't mind do you? :flirt: )
A while back my boi surprised me with a bunch of stuff, including a bag load of U2 stuff he had gotten his hands on, I guess while he was wandering some reuse shops downtown with friends or something. He was so pleased and excited - it was soooo sweet. I was all surprised, it was unexpected. He was all, 'if you already have it, thats totally ok, I'll understand' but he had these puppy dog eyes and I didn't have the heart to tell him I did have it already. Well, except my HTDAAB...it went missing. :angry: So now I have a replacement, and um..extras. :heart:
Although, it does not match the adorableness of when we first were hanging out and he figured out (heh, real detective he is...:wink: ) that I like U2. So he found his old Zoopra cd, and left it lying around to impress me. :cute:

To continue my spamming spree. (You girls don't mind do you? :flirt: )
A while back my boi surprised me with a bunch of stuff, including a bag load of U2 stuff he had gotten his hands on, I guess while he was wandering some reuse shops downtown with friends or something. He was so pleased and excited - it was soooo sweet. I was all surprised, it was unexpected. He was all, 'if you already have it, thats totally ok, I'll understand' but he had these puppy dog eyes and I didn't have the heart to tell him I did have it already. Well, except my HTDAAB...it went missing. :angry: So now I have a replacement, and um..extras. :heart:
Although, it does not match the adorableness of when we first were hanging out and he figured out (heh, real detective he is...:wink: ) that I like U2. So he found his old Zoopra cd, and left it lying around to impress me. :cute:

:cute:

I love that he dug out the zooropa CD. :giggle:

It was cute. And he was all, I like lemon! :happy:

My mom often goes to yard sales and secondhand stores. Whenever she sees something U2 related she gets it for me. Usually I already have it, but one time she brought me home Out of Control with Boy/Girl as a b-side on a cassette. It was cool to have their first single in original form, y'know? :)

I'm here...barely. :crack:

Any other friggin night, I'd be wide awake till sunrise. Tonight I'm beat and had to stay up to get Sarah from the bus station - she'd been in Toronto seeing the Decemberists. Anyway, we're catching up...so, here I am.

Bri's boy. :cute:

I don't remember him screwing up Fast Cars (heh, I keep typing fast cats), but I was so excited, I probably wouldn't have noticed.

My mom often goes to yard sales and secondhand stores. Whenever she sees something U2 related she gets it for me. Usually I already have it, but one time she brought me home Out of Control with Boy/Girl as a b-side on a cassette. It was cool to have their first single in original form, y'know? :)
Last tour on one of the off days, Lynda and Sarah and I wandered up and down one of the streets on downtown TO into used record and book stores and we bought every single U2 item they had. :lol: Books, pins, I got UF on vinyl...

Oh, and Sarah picked me up some more U2 books at a used book store in Waterloo not long before school got out.

I'm here...barely. :crack:

Any other friggin night, I'd be wide awake till sunrise. Tonight I'm beat and had to stay up to get Sarah from the bus station - she'd been in Toronto seeing the Decemberists. Anyway, we're catching up...so, here I am.

Bri's boy. :cute:

I don't remember him screwing up Fast Cars (heh, I keep typing fast cats), but I was so excited, I probably wouldn't have noticed.

Tell Sarah they play Summer Song all the time at work. :)

Fast cats. Heh.

one time she brought me home Out of Control with Boy/Girl as a b-side on a cassette. It was cool to have their first single in original form, y'know? :)

I just noticed this part of it, that's so cool!!

Eta - oh shit, I keep forgetting, I got your show, just need to burn it and pick up something to mail it in so it doesn't get smushed.

I'm seriously out of it these days. If I don't mention it in a week, remind me?

Back
Top Bottom