PLEBA Misc News and Articles #7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This isn't anything NEW, sorry. But I gave my husband this book from 2008 called "The Snowball: Warren Buffett and the Business of Life" by Alice Schroeder. While reading it, he came across this bit and tagged it for me. Looks like Mr. Buffett's wife, Susie, was quite taken with our Bono. :cute: :giggle:

BonointheBuffettbook.jpg

Wish the pic were clearer. :angry: Tried about a half dozen scans and that was the best I could get.

:hmm: I think it is a wee bit clearer... if I have ten extra pounds available to put in my luggage, I'll bring it! :lol: This book is GIANT!

oh crap, I forgot hubby has a newer scanner than I do! I'll try that later! :)

That is such a beautiful story, thank you for sharing :heart:

And Re: HQ studio .... as far as I know they are set to be demolished. I have been wondering why it hasn't been done yet and U2 could still record there. The decision was made years ago. And the tower won't be built, which I think is a good idea, not only given the economic crises but the concept was kind of :huh:

I'm sure U2 won't have any troubles finding a studio. They have their own studio in Eze and can use any studio around the world. It may be a good thing for them to go someplace else to record.

Yeah, thanks Bono Mot for sharing this lovely story! Just more proof of Bono's boundless kindness and charisma!! :cute:

And yeah, I'm glad too that the plans for The U2 Tower were scraped. I mean, to my mind it would make far more sense to renovate the present premises, instead of demolishing it, unless the building is structurally unsound. It's usually always cheaper to renovate than a new build. :shrug:

Are we sure he does not in fact walk on water?

As for the studio, I remember the talk of the Tower but not much more after that. Well, they could record in NY or Boston. Then maybe I'd get chance to meet them.

I thought that tower was a bad idea, too. Wasn't it the city of Dublin that decided their studio was ugly and should be torn down to make some kind of waterfront touristy place? I think the band even went to court over it but didn't win the case.

Just came across this article today....

Judge to rule on Clayton disclosure - The Irish Times - Thu, Feb 23, 2012

According to my calculations, 4.8 million Euros over 5 years, would be 960 000 € a year, meaning 80 000 € a month, equaling 20 000 € a week! So unless this was what Adam was usually spending on a weekly bases plus what he was actually paying out for house loans and bills, credit cards bills, plus his actually spending etc. someone, either at the bank or the accountants, should have noticed that something was up?! I mean if the accountants had these documents, from every year, that declared Adam's actual expenses, which I presume they should have had, then how come they didn't notice the missing money?! The books wouldn't have balanced!?! :huh:

i thought she had access to his credit cards and they just assumed it was his spending??

scary though!

Just came across this article today....

Judge to rule on Clayton disclosure - The Irish Times - Thu, Feb 23, 2012

According to my calculations, 4.8 million Euros over 5 years, would be 960 000 € a year, meaning 80 000 € a month, equaling 20 000 € a week! So unless this was what Adam was usually spending on a weekly bases plus what he was actually paying out for house loans and bills, credit cards bills, plus his actually spending etc. someone, either at the bank or the accountants, should have noticed that something was up?! I mean if the accountants had these documents, from every year, that declared Adam's actual expenses, which I presume they should have had, then how come they didn't notice the missing money?! The books wouldn't have balanced!?! :huh:

Yes they should have noticed something not right....but I guess its all relative. £5 million is alot to all of us but when you consider what their earnings are its probably quite small. Its all relative. Would you notice a missing £50 out of your bank account if it was taken at £5 per month?]

Yes they should have noticed something not right....but I guess its all relative. £5 million is alot to all of us but when you consider what their earnings are its probably quite small. Its all relative. Would you notice a missing £50 out of your bank account if it was taken at £5 per month?]

Actually yes I think I would, I keep a very close vigil on my finances having, gone through 3 years of business college and trained as an accountant myself, I find this blatant negligence by the accounting firm totally unacceptable. The job of an accountant is to keep track of all your clients incoming and outgoing monies, and also keep said client fully aware and up to date of all transactions, if not monthly than at least annually and if they didn't do this then they weren't doing their job properly! :shrug:

I don't think this has been posted yet (but then again, I'm a little out of the loop and sick for days now :sigh:)

Bono to Appear on K'Naan's Next Album

Bono to Appear on K'Naan's Next Album

@U2, February 21, 2012
By: m2 / @mattmcgee

Bono will appear on K'Naan's upcoming album, Country, God Or The Girl. HipHopDX says it'll be released on May 1st, but there's no information about what song(s) will involve Bono. Keith Richards, will.i.am and others are also listed as guests.

K'Naan joined U2 on stage last year in Minneapolis to sing "Stand By Me" in tribute to the famine victims in Somalia. Bono returned the favor by singing with K'naan last October at the Clinton Foundation benefit concert.

seems exploitative and voyeuristic to me...

there are other ways of addressing these issues...

reality tv is just crass...

Speculation here, I think maybe they are making a run through Central and South America ( Peru ) for Edun. I know Ali mentioned that some of the organic cotton is grown in Peru for the clothing line. Also, in Panama I saw Ali in that pic taking an up close photo of the graphic "mola" design the Kuna Indians are known for in Panama. It's gorgeous applique needle work, layered like a quilt... sort of. I have tons of molas at home and when I lived there in Panama I even had one customized with my name on it. They make great pillow covers. :) Very coloful and tribal looking!
Just guessing... other than that I have no clue.

Yes, Bono and Ali may very well be in Peru on Edun business coz a lot of the clothes I've bought from Edun have been made in Peru, says so on teh labels! :D Thanks for the news Light, I've been wondering about the whereabouts of our Bono!! :up: :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom