Pleba girls party.... we're SIMply the best...and hottest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Drea said:
Mucca! :hug: Sweating my bloody :censored: off at the moment :lol:

*blinks* There's a video for LIB? *wants to see it dammit*

Two in fact! Maybe I should set up a ysi account or something to send it...or better yet, I've got about 75 or so mpeg files, videos and stuff if anyone wants a cd...

Russty Cat said:

Being in nursing or the medical field no matter where you do it is life changing for you as well as others.

When I was 17 years old I watched my mom literally save a mans life. We were driving home from a movie theatre and we came up to an accident in the rode. Some how a car ended up with a motorcycle impaled into it. There were tons of people standing around, but no one was going near the guy who had been on the motorcycle. My mom started screaming at my dad to stop the car, before he was even fully stopped she jumped out of the car at a dead run. She ran thru glass, metal, and tons of blood in her bare feet to get to the guy. He was literally bleeding to death, because both of his hands had almost been completely torn of. My mom did turniquets on him and sat on his chest trying to slow down the flow of blood till the ambulance got there. I can remember it plain as day. She was laying on this guy calmly talking to him about how he was going to be just fine and she just wanted to make sure he didn't get cold. She asked him his name and told him that she was a nurse and that help was coming. He told her that if he didn't make it to please tell his wife and kids that he loved them very much and that he was sorry.

I'm crying just thinking about the poor guy. Thankfully he did live and they were able to re-attach his hands. He doesn't have a whole lot of use of them, but he has gotten better over the years, my mom was told. The doctors said that if my mom hadn't done what she did the other people would have ended up watching him die.

Wow. :ohmy: That's incredible that she was able to keep him alive through all that.

Ok I'll recall two stories:

1. One of my patients was a woman with cancer of the bowel so she had a colostomy (feces leave the body through a small opening in the patient's side and are collected in a bag). This woman was particularly self-conscious of this so we had to be careful how we reacted when changing it. :yuck: Let's just say this is the least pleasant thing I've done yet. So I removed the opsite (opening) and the nastiest greenish/yellowish/brownish fowl smelling crap sprayed over my scrubs and onto my shoes. It was the sickest thing ever but I had to be cool and not scream running from the building. :barf:

2. This one isn't that gross but it was the one time I cried this past year for one of my patients. It was this 90something year old man who had gone downhill really quickly in a few days. He was catheterized and was out of it so he yanked the catheter out with the balloon still inflated :yikes: Yowzas. Needless to say he was now bleeding and we couldn't figure out if it was coming from his bladder or the urethra. Anyway, we had to catheterize him again. Oh I forgot to mention I had given him a suppository earlier that morning so he was leaking from all ends :yuck: So I did the catheterization (my first one, I was so scared) and all was well. But he was getting all shaky and we rolled him onto his side so we could clean him up as best we could. He grabbed onto my hand with both of his and looked up into my eyes. It seemed like he was asking me just to make it all end. It was so incredibly sad. And he died the next morning :sad:

Russty Cat said:

Being in nursing or the medical field no matter where you do it is life changing for you as well as others.

When I was 17 years old I watched my mom literally save a mans life. We were driving home from a movie theatre and we came up to an accident in the rode. Some how a car ended up with a motorcycle impaled into it. There were tons of people standing around, but no one was going near the guy who had been on the motorcycle. My mom started screaming at my dad to stop the car, before he was even fully stopped she jumped out of the car at a dead run. She ran thru glass, metal, and tons of blood in her bare feet to get to the guy. He was literally bleeding to death, because both of his hands had almost been completely torn of. My mom did turniquets on him and sat on his chest trying to slow down the flow of blood till the ambulance got there. I can remember it plain as day. She was laying on this guy calmly talking to him about how he was going to be just fine and she just wanted to make sure he didn't get cold. She asked him his name and told him that she was a nurse and that help was coming. He told her that if he didn't make it to please tell his wife and kids that he loved them very much and that he was sorry.

I'm crying just thinking about the poor guy. Thankfully he did live and they were able to re-attach his hands. He doesn't have a whole lot of use of them, but he has gotten better over the years, my mom was told. The doctors said that if my mom hadn't done what she did the other people would have ended up watching him die.
That's an incredible story! Your mom is my hero!! :love:
Wow you must've been in awe. Is this why you chose to become a nurse?

elysithea said:

:lol: I didn't take english in college. I earned my credits in AP classes in high school. I've been taking technical writing classes, instead. :yawn: It's not nearly as exciting. :lol:

Actually hit that in history class....west civ.
But I had seen it all before in highschool.....

I want a Bull to seduce me so I can give birth to something with horns :drool:

:lmao:

I think VP went to bed.....a long tme ago....:sigh:
Luv ya clone. Sweet (hopefully unsweaty) dreams :hug::heart:

FlyYourKite said:

1. One of my patients was a woman with cancer of the bowel so she had a colostomy (feces leave the body through a small opening in the patient's side and are collected in a bag). This woman was particularly self-conscious of this so we had to be careful how we reacted when changing it. :yuck: Let's just say this is the least pleasant thing I've done yet. So I removed the opsite (opening) and the nastiest greenish/yellowish/brownish fowl smelling crap sprayed over my scrubs and onto my shoes. It was the sickest thing ever but I had to be cool and not scream running from the building. :barf:

2. This one isn't that gross but it was the one time I cried this past year for one of my patients. It was this 90something year old man who had gone downhill really quickly in a few days. He was catheterized and was out of it so he yanked the catheter out with the balloon still inflated :yikes: Yowzas. Needless to say he was now bleeding and we couldn't figure out if it was coming from his bladder or the urethra. Anyway, we had to catheterize him again. Oh I forgot to mention I had given him a suppository earlier that morning so he was leaking from all ends :yuck: So I did the catheterization (my first one, I was so scared) and all was well. But he was getting all shaky and we rolled him onto his side so we could clean him up as best we could. He grabbed onto my hand with both of his and looked up into my eyes. It seemed like he was asking me just to make it all end. It was so incredibly sad. And he died the next morning :sad:

:sad:

You've got to be made of real heart and true grit to handle that type of thing...my hat's off to you. :hug:

FlyYourKite said:

:yikes: The ups and downs of nursing.

:hug:
I can't imagine how hard it must be to experience the death of a patient. The first time must be absolutely terrible. :(

Drea said:

I live in TO, remember? Heat and oh so wonderful humidity in summer? :lol: Not to mention no a/c...

My bad. :lol: I haven't been watching the weather reports lately. It's been raining in Vancouver (again) :madspit:

Mucca said:

:yikes: The ups and downs of nursing.

I can't imagine how hard it must be to experience the death of a patient. The first time must be absolutely terrible. :(

:yes: :sad: I had no idea how I was going to react. His daughter was in the room and I wasn't sure if I should have been there as well or not. It kinda felt like I was invading their last moments together. But she wanted me to stay so I did.
Ugh, it draws up so much emotion thinking about that morning.

FlyYourKite said:

:sad: Wow, you're amazing to be able to handle that. :applaud:

That's why I think nurses are so great. They do so much, but I think they aren't appreciated enough.

Mucca said:

That's an incredible story! Your mom is my hero!! :love:
Wow you must've been in awe. Is this why you chose to become a nurse?

Mucca I never actually ended up going into nursing. I just traveled as a missionary. I have first aid and all. And I can cover lots of emergencies ie. suturing up a scalp wound with fishing line in a tent in a field in Mexico. That same trip I got to give myself a suppository and an IV with a huge ass needle, cuz the damn fucking Red Cross couldn't get to where we were to give us more supplies. :mad:

But I have huge respect for people in the medical field. They do and endure some amazing things.

FlyYourKite said:

:yes: :sad: I had no idea how I was going to react. His daughter was in the room and I wasn't sure if I should have been there as well or not. It kinda felt like I was invading their last moments together. But she wanted me to stay so I did.
Ugh, it draws up so much emotion thinking about that morning.

Fly, you don't want to talk gross and unusual stories with an ex EMT :evil:
Oh, the things I have seen :yikes:

seriously, though I admire Nurses and Doctors, EMTS and Medics, etc... it's a hard job, though in my experience extremely satisfying.

I miss it a lot :sigh:

it's funny how jaded you get, Russty... how saving a person's life can become something you do once a week and you just kind of go 'eh whatever'
It only really effects you when you can't do anything to help

hmmm I wonder which LIB video I have. I may just have to watch it again. :wink:

Hi VP! :hug: did ya bring me a frosty? :ohmy: :eyebrow: I'm actually drinking yummy chai tea right now, but I'm hungry. And we don't have crap to eat in this house. We are so broke it fucking sucks! :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom