Pleba girls' party..Bono comes to Wild,Susan & Jemma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok that was a really interesting video indeed! I didn't really get it until I watched the commentary cause I'm not sure what Wings of Desire is...but nevertheless, here are my thoughts:

-Very cool effects, I like how it's in black and white
-Bono on a bus! Whee!
-Larry looks scrumptious :drool:
-Edge is so cute when he tunes the guy's guitar
-Very cool idea how they are all guardian angels
-Could he get any closer to that girl? :drool: Don't tease me B
-OUCH! He looks like he went flying right at the end there. :lol:

After watching it with the commentary it is really a neat idea indeed. Totally not what I'd expect the video to be like. And the director sounds really awesome :D

VintagePunk said:
If God Would Send His Angels :drool: (esp. if you're partial to Pop Bono)... The commentary for that is great, too...really cool technique used.

I love that video...uncharacteristically artsy for Phil Jouanou, I thought, but very nice. Although Bono looks a little strange... a little gaunt.

But otherwise :drool:

FlyYourKite said:
Ok that was a really interesting video indeed! I didn't really get it until I watched the commentary cause I'm not sure what Wings of Desire is...but nevertheless, here are my thoughts:

-Bono on a bus! Whee!

After watching it with the commentary it is really a neat idea indeed. Totally not what I'd expect the video to be like. And the director sounds really awesome :D

Wings of Desire is the movie that the American movie City of Angels is based on.

The way he looks at her??? Gah. I don't know how she survived that video shoot.

FlyYourKite said:

-Bono on a bus! Whee!

"Wings of Desire" is a movie by Wim Wenders about angels living in Berlin. One becomes infatuated with humanity and decides to take the "fall" and become physical, human again. Peter Falk plays an angel who's already taken the fall...but he's also playing himself as Peter Falk the actor. His exchanges with the angel are wonderful: "I can't see you, but I know you're there..." The blond guy in the bus at the beginning of "Stay" is the angel who stays an angel. U2, of course, are playing angels. It's a beautiful movie, one that was kidnapped and raped by Hollywood, mutated and dumbed down into the AWFUL "City of Angels" with Nic Cage.

I got a migraine starting up and it's affecting my vision so it's taking me a time to type stuff out! Normally, i'd be off to lie down, but you know - With all that's going on i want to make an xtra spesh effort to discuss exciting and up-coming events!!!! :hyper:

You know what girls? I called the secc tonite&would you believe that they said my Glasgow tix still aren't in???!!! They said at the start of the week that the standing ones are in but not the seated!!! :mad: :madspit: They then said it would be a week away now which means i won't have them til at least 4 DAYS before the concert!!!!! :shocked: :shocked: :tsk:

susanp6 said:
I got a migraine starting up and it's affecting my vision so it's taking me a time to type stuff out! Normally, i'd be off to lie down, but you know - With all that's going on i want to make an xtra spesh effort to discuss exciting and up-coming events!!!! :hyper:

You know what girls? I called the secc tonite&would you believe that they said my Glasgow tix still aren't in???!!! They said at the start of the week that the standing ones are in but not the seated!!! :mad: :madspit: They then said it would be a week away now which means i won't have them til at least 4 DAYS before the concert!!!!! :shocked: :shocked: :tsk:

:yikes: I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :hug:

I just put the best of dvd in and when Even Better then the real thing came on, Mini-cat started giggling and said "There's your boyfriend, mom!" God love her! :hug: If only she could make that true. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom