Adam at his random best

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hinder

Acrobat
This is such a wtf quote, I had to read it twice. And I /must/ have it in my sig...

"Yes. Provided my bits were looking good. I'm not sure whether it's something I'd like to do past the age of...55. But I think there should be more male nudes. Men should be encouraged to look at each other bits. Penises, I'm inclined to believe -- and I'm not just talking about my own -- are good things. They needn't be hidden under a bushel."

:lmao:

Tmi, Adam my love. TMI.

The bad part is, I agree with the bugger. ONO! Adam and I r rilly twinz spereted en tim.

Ahem. Too much sugar. Ignore the bad attempt at macro.

I still think the random quote about the law is one of the best.

"A man's respect for law and order exists in precise relationship to the size of his paycheck"

In other words. The bigger the paycheck the bigger the FU. It's just so gangster (and I love it)

Hinder said:
This is such a wtf quote, I had to read it twice. And I /must/ have it in my sig...

"Yes. Provided my bits were looking good. I'm not sure whether it's something I'd like to do past the age of...55. But I think there should be more male nudes. Men should be encouraged to look at each other bits. Penises, I'm inclined to believe -- and I'm not just talking about my own -- are good things. They needn't be hidden under a bushel."

:lmao:

Tmi, Adam my love. TMI.

ahhhh, I remember this quote :)

What do you do with the money you would have spent on drink?

"I buy socks."

Do you throw them away rather than wash them?

"I'm still the kind of rich that likes a familiar pair of socks. You know, when you're on that party trip socks and underwear are hard to keep together."

///

Question: If a Martian landed and was introduced to you and asked you what do you do, what would you say? Adam: I simulate love-making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."

///

"Everone here is just enjoying the moon and the night and company. After a while, though, Adam begins to wonder where his fiancee's gone. Christy (who often seems to act as Naomi's conscience - or at least social governor) says she'll go check. She comes back a few minutes later with news that Naomi is in the middle of a full-pitched screaming battle downstairs. Adam looks half concerned. "Is she fighting with anyone employed by me?" "No," Christy says. "She fighting with the chef." "Oh." Adam relaxes. "That's fine." ......Naomi's no-nonsense air of entitlement rubs some of these people the wrong way. Adam's fiancee is graceful and full of style, but she occasionally seems to think employee is another name for servant. One spoiled crew member whispered to me that Naomi was the person on the tour most likely to have a flight case dropped on her head. Naomi returns to our company, stretches languidly across the back of Adam's chair, and pouts that the chef, who refused to cook, would not stand aside and let her at the stove. She is upset and she is going to bed. She kisses Adam goodnight, kisses Christy goodnight, waves to everone else, and then walks straight into the glass door with a shuddering crash. Everyone jumps up, but Naomi just reels back, laughs, and tries again, this time passing through the open side and back into the hotel. "That'll straighten her out," says the gallant Adam.

"I'll tell you, you learn a lot about women from dressing up in women's clothes! You learn that when a woman asks you "Do I look alright?" what she's really saying is "I have just spent a lot of time making myself uncomfortable. If I go out in this condition will I look foolish, or is it worth it?". When you ask a woman to go out to dinner it's not like seeing one of your mates. She has to stop and think, "Hmm, dinner. That will be four hours of being uncomfortable." And if she says yes and then after four hours you say, "Lets go dancing, let's go to a club," and she says "No, I want to go home," it's because she has figured on four hours and now those four hours are up and she can only think of getting home and out of those clothes!"

///

JO WHILEY: What's the biggest event of your life so far, it's a major question?

ADAM CLAYTON: So far, well, the biggest one I was there for has to be my own birth, at nine months after my conception. So, that's a big one, and I'm still getting over it."

Do you actually have a favourite U2 song?

"I think "Drowning Man" is my favourite. It's got so much emotion and poise in it. And I think it's quite odd sounding as well. I mean, the vocals are terrific and I think the backing track is just a lovely swell, and feel of water almost, to it. It's like a waterfall."--(Circa 1984)

///

We stroll into Central Park, sidestepping the joggers, rollerbladers and cyclists, until Clayton decides we've found the perfect spot. "Today we're going to do something healthy," he announces in his curiously posh drawl, unfolding his deckchair and removing his T-shirt. "We're going to watch other people exercise."

///

Bono: It gets boring to say U2 are great, and in Ireland they have had this rammed down their throats for years and they're fed up. I also think it's a very healthy thing to be cynical about rock 'n roll groups. And I think it's particularly good to be cynical about rock 'n roll groups that aspire to the sort of things U2 do.

Edge: Go on! Be horrible to us, be horrible to us!

Bono: I do understand it, I would obviously prefer praise ...

Adam: Listen ... we're not a packet of cornflakes, you know what I mean?

Bono: That's very deep, Adam, could you explain that?

Adam: Well, do you buy cornflakes depending on where the money's going?

Edge (after thoughtful pause): Well I buy Rice Krispies anyway

///

LOL, Edge is so random too!

Edge is looking at his handheld computer to check on the weather forecast.

'Apparently it's raining now! ' he says.

'Yes,' says Adam, with a grin. 'Have you looked outside Edge?

///

"Now I think that if I used a pick, it would be a little mundane, because you’d have the bass and guitar just driving the same riff, and it wouldn’t be as sexy as going under the guitar part with my fingers." About 'Beautiful Day." :ohmy:

I love this thread:applaud:

Adam is so random and obscure. That's what I love about him.:cute: :heart:

He's a regular box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.

:reject: Stupid Forest Gump. I should quit watching that movie. It's poison.

Hinder said:
He's a regular box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.

:reject: Stupid Forest Gump. I should quit watching that movie. It's poison.

:lmao: My momma always told me....

:giggle: it fits for Adam quite a bit indeed.... he's so random :love:

i love adam. somewhere on the site somebody was talking about how he likes to garden and how they can see him out with wellies and a watering can pruning his roses. i can't picture him in any other way now than tat and in drag. :)

Actually, I'll bet Adam has a big stack of gardening catalogs that he goes through each winter, selecting the plants that suit his fancy. In the spring, the delivery trucks pull up with the boxes. He has them put in his potting shed, directs his landscaping crew in the placement, then settles back to watch them dig.

Michka: I'm about to hire him (Adam) as a landscape gardener. I know he loves nature...We have heard about this man, Adam Clayton. We know you've worked with him a lot. So do you think he might fit the job?

Bono: Well the first thing I'd say to you is: you want a very, very big budget. And be prepared to spend as much on the garden as you have on the property and on the house. Because, for him, the four walls are not half as interesting as what's outside of them. He sees the garden as God's furniture, and tends to it in a very meticulous way. He will never be seen running in your garden. He will frustrate the rest of the staff by how long it takes him to trim the hedge. But when you stand back, you will see some great and unexpected shapes in the hedge. He moves very slowly, but he'll build a bridge over the river that runs through it, even if he won't use a regular stonemason and he'll use a sculptor.

Michka: Excuse me sir, but that's pretty worrying. You're telling me he's going to be very expensive and that he won't finish on schedule. I'm afraid I'm not going to hire him.

Bono: Very expensive, won't finish on schedule. Every artisan will be an artist. And it's only when you realize you have no more money left in the bank and you have to sell the place that it will dawn on you that this property is now worth ten times what you put into it. Nothing he does dates, except his hair.

///

"at the end of the 80's...a refreshed then-editor or Smash Hits pop gazette sallied up to Adam and said something completely idiotic. The bassman curled a lip, champagne glass aloft, and said in the poshest voice imaginable, "Clear aaawf!!!" for years thereafter he was known to a nation of pop people as Adam 'Clear off' Clayton. Hahaha! explodes Adam, rolling around the sofa, "clear aaawf! hahaaha! My goodness! My gosh. Well...I certainly don't remember." From an interview in 2000.

///

"Radio should be stimulating people rather than actually killing them into a state of apathy, which I think has happened. Again, it goes back to this thing of partitioning music. People, particularly the youth, which are the lifeblood of any country, are stagnating because they have no stimulus. There's nothing challenging for them to get their teeth into. I think that's a terrible shame." (this is from the 80's too)

"I think the psychology of the bass player is interesting.If you've chosen that instrument you've decided in a way that your role is to support, to make everyone else feel confident"-Adam

//

"If you want to bring it down to categories. I think U2 is, in that way, slightly subversive because the whole structure of radio and music these days is to 'pin them down, get a name there, then we know where they're at, they're safe.' I think that because we, as U2, transcend those barriers, it upsets people because they can't pigeonhole us in any particular place. That's a great place to be - to have the range to go from one side of the spectrum to the other."-Adam

///

"I don't think it's [touring's] real at all. I think it's great fun, it's a little bit like when you were a kid and you played at dressing up, it still has that quality to it. Mind you, it does have a reality of its own because you move in a world that you're familiar and comfortable with but it's still different to when you go home and water your cabbages."Adam

Doing a questionaire for a magazine:

Q: What was the high point of your year?

A: Sitting in my kitchen and filling out this survey

Back
Top Bottom