Why divide GA line into U2.com/non-U2.com if Ellipse selection is random by computer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knuckle

Acrobat
Does anyone know why entry into the arena (for GA ticket holders) is divided into two lines (U2.com presale ticketholders and non-U2.com general sale ticketholders) when entry into the "Ellipse" thereafter is only randomly selected by the scanning computer?? Do U2.com presale ticketholders get selected for the Ellipse by a greater proportion than others (while still at random)?

I don't understand. Otherwise, what's the purpose for the segregation of the two groups when lining up? I'm not trying to be clever here, I'm just trying to understand this. Anyone know?

because if you dont get in the elipse, you still want to get in the fastest in order to get the best spot outside it

by splitting it, it allows people at the back of the presale line in faster than the people in the back of the regular line

So, if you are a U2.com presale ticketholder, who is not randomly selected for the Ellipse, you'll be allowed onto the arena floor before the other general sale folks (and get a much better shot of being next to the Ellipse)? If that's the case, then it seems like you really can't lose with the presale tickets right? Thanks.

Yeah....the two lines are SOLELY to allow the u2.com presale members to get into the arena faster. It has no bearing on whether the person gets into the bomb shelter or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom