unchained melody

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeffschmid

The Fly
i was just watching the live 8 broadcast again, and i realized that i have no idea where this song comes from??? is this a u2 song? is it a cover? if it is a u2 song why isnt it in the digital boxset? how come everybody knew the words at live 8 but its not even on a U2 album? what is going on!!!

unchained melody is a cover. Originally done by the Righteous Brothers (pretty certain on that). This is an OLDIE; from the 50's or 60s

its also been covered my many many people, including robson and jerome, and that enemy of music fans everywhere, gareth gates

Unchained Melody is originally from a 1950s movie Unchained. The Righteous Brothers had a big hit with it in the mid 60s and their version became a hit again in 1990 after it was used in the movie Ghost.

U2 recorded and released the song in 1989 as one of the 2 bsides to the All I Want Is You single. When U2 perform the song live, it has always occured after they play One and they only play a shortened version of it.

It, along with other cover songs released by U2, does not appear on the so called Complete U2 digital download set.

after about 6 years the poignant brilliance of this song has finally dawned upon me (the studio version by u2 not the live one). bono's vocals; the edge's guitar - it makes the original seem like a joke.....and i love the original version!!! i always thought of u2's version as a "good" one - iv finally realized this one of their best songs ever!!! (i know i shudnt call it "their" but hey, wtf :wink: )

Back
Top Bottom