Oakland II Setlist Watch And Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cuneatus2 said:

Anyone know the combined metro populations of LA, Anaheim, Oakland, SD and Phoenix?

When you work it out and multiply it by the capacity of the arenas multiplied by the amount of shows on both Elevation and Vertigo, then get back to us. :wink:

ruffian said:
Axver, the issue (from my perspective) seems simple, if you are wondering why some people might have their feathers ruffled.

You said, "So frankly, I'd prefer to see Australians and New Zealanders at these concerts than Americans"

That sounds exclusionary and unkind. There are many Americans here on interference who were the first to congratulate you, who were so excited on your behalf, and who could not wait for you to post so they could see your reaction to the formal news. You do not seem to be returning that generosity of spirit.

It's also unfortunate to see what seems to be pettiness before the dates have even been announced...isn't there plenty of time for people to be competitive and mean with each other once the new legs start?

aww thank you ruff :bow:

exactly...we are thrilled you get to see them. It was a bit premature to jump on us like we're trying to take your tickets. at least that's how it seemed to me :uhoh:

To put things in perspective Axver, how old are you and how many shows have you been to?

I'm 35 and have seen the band 8 times and my first show was 18 years ago. It's not like U2 is touring here every year. We in the US feel your pain as well. You may get the impression from people like Ramblin' Rose and Miroslava that these shows are just a hop skip and a jump away, but they are the exception rather than the rule. I once went through a 9 year drought waiting for U2 to come back to my area, so I can identify with your comments completely.

cuneatus2 said:

Anyone know the combined metro populations of LA, Anaheim, Oakland, SD and Phoenix?

it isn't really statistically correct to assume that the entire country (or an entire city) is going to try to see a show...you'd have to actually identify what percentage bought tickets in a given city and how many tried unsuccessfully.

:nerd:

All i know is if i can afford it I will absolutely go to the Mexico, south america, NZ and Australia shows and there aint a damn thing anyone can do about it

I'm not so sure about those japanese shows tho, too many short people lol

u2rulesmyworld said:
All i know is if i can afford it I will absolutely go to the Mexico, south america, NZ and Australia shows and there aint a damn thing anyone can do about it

Funny seeing you at a setlist party. :wink:

I need to go to bed.:(

ramblin rose said:
I guess I try not to bump into Axver during my trip down under.:huh:

Let's all wear a funny nose and glasses so we can't be identified as foreign Interferencers :lmao:

u2rulesmyworld said:

Filming? :hyper:

I will pay you to get a hold of any Australian shows....

I'll leave the NZ shows for the Kiwis :lol:

ruffian said:
Axver, the issue (from my perspective) seems simple, if you are wondering why some people might have their feathers ruffled.

You said, "So frankly, I'd prefer to see Australians and New Zealanders at these concerts than Americans"

That sounds exclusionary and unkind. There are many Americans here on interference who were the first to congratulate you, who were so excited on your behalf, and who could not wait for you to post so they could see your reaction to the formal news. You do not seem to be returning that generosity of spirit.

It's also unfortunate to see what seems to be pettiness before the dates have even been announced...isn't there plenty of time for people to be competitive and mean with each other once the new legs start?

Of course that comment seems mean once it's taken out of context. Put it back in context though and you'll see that all I want is for locals to enjoy concerts we didn't even think we'd get.

I'm tired of this argument, especially as I never intended for there to be any argument. I simply hoped that America would be content with its 70-odd shows. Of course I welcome anyone who comes here, but I never even thought U2 would ever play New Zealand again - so shouldn't the lucky locals be given preference to see U2, a band who may never even come to their country again?

DignityPassesBy said:
The european dollan is stronger than the american dollar isn't it? so if they wanted more money out of it they'd tour europe 2 legs and america 1.

And they will probably make it back around to Europe on the way home :hmm:

ruffian said:

Let's all wear a funny nose and glasses so we can't be identified as foreign Interferencers :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao:

I going to make a shirt that says "I'm not American, in case anybody's wondering" :shifty:

Axver said:

I'm saying Americans are essentially spoilt with a huge amount of shows while we rarely get any. You guys know you'll have a tour while New Zealanders think we'll never see U2 in our country ever again.

Do you see the point?

Population of USA - 296 million
New York Metro Area - 20 million
Chicago Metro Area - 8 million
Minneapolis Metro Area - 3 million (1 arena show)
Los Angeles Metro Area - 16 million

Population of New Zealand - 4 million

26_18_3.gif

everybody on my stream hold on a sec, im going to try to do something to fix the buffering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom