Oakland II Setlist Watch And Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BonoIsMyMuse said:
Am I the only one who's caught herself thinking more than once today "I've always sort of wanted to go to Australia..."?

ummm no i'm thinking the same thing but the cost of an airline ticket scares me away. If you're ever gonna go though now would be the time :yes:

BonoIsMyMuse said:
Am I the only one who's caught herself thinking more than once today "I've always sort of wanted to go to Australia..."?

You're not the only one! I thought about it for a quick minute. It would be so much fun, but I'm seriously in the hole money wise. I just bought the U2 iPod last month, so I have literally no money left. It's worth it though!

so I have a humble goal of getting to 100 posts by the end of tonight, hopefully my computer will play nicely with me tonight, last night it wasn’t and kept kicking me offline so I gave up and went to bed

BonoIsMyMuse said:

No...I've spent the better part of the day doing just that.

redkat said:
Pop Artist said:

March 16, 2006 Auckland 9PM=New York 3AM=Los Angeles Midnight (15th into 16th). Get the coffee brewing. :wink:

Those will be some interesting setlist parties :huh: Lila will you be here?

Um, no...

I found a smiley/animated gif, (or a bunch) but I can't make them appear :( Is there a smiley doctor in the house?

cleazer said:
Wow, those Aussie/Kiwi setlist party times sound insane! I might be able to make it for one or two shows, if I'm lucky.

Just change your sleeping schedule. :wink:

pattip2000 said:
so I have a humble goal of getting to 100 posts by the end of tonight, hopefully my computer will play nicely with me tonight, last night it wasn’t and kept kicking me offline so I gave up and went to bed

good luck...I passed mine the other night unawares.:wink:
Jess

redkat said:
the cost of an airline ticket scares me away.

Being curious, I just checked Travelocity.

:ohmy:

I'll be staying on American soil for the foreseeable future, even if that means I have to be Bonoless.

U2dork said:

I see. So you guys are the reason the Georgia/Auburn game is at 7:45 on Saturday, giving the tailgaters extra hours of drinking time before the game? I'm so not looking forward to this weekend. :crack:

Athens will look like a war-zone come Sunday morning. I think this is a good excuse to sleep in.

yes we are to blame

cheers!!!! :)

OK, I'd just like to say something, and I don't want to come off rude but I think it needs to be said.

The US is basically guaranteed more than fifty shows a tour. Australia isn't even guaranteed a tour, let alone ten shows, and New Zealand's chances are even poorer. What's more, if we're skipped, we have to fork out thousands of dollars to travel to see U2.

So frankly, I'd prefer to see Australians and New Zealanders at these concerts than Americans.

Axver said:
OK, I'd just like to say something, and I don't want to come off rude but I think it needs to be said.

The US is basically guaranteed more than fifty shows a tour. Australia isn't even guaranteed a tour, let alone ten shows, and New Zealand's chances are even poorer. What's more, if we're skipped, we have to fork out thousands of dollars to travel to see U2.

So frankly, I'd prefer to see Australians and New Zealanders at these concerts than Americans.

Ouch... :sad:

Zooropa1310 said:
Hey, would any of you happen to know a Vietnam veteran I can interview? Random, I know... But I need to find one :|

my dads one, but you wouldn't want to talk to him, i hardly do

Zooropa1310 said:
Hey, would any of you happen to know a Vietnam veteran I can interview? Random, I know... But I need to find one :|

would you settle for the daughter of a vietnam vet that knows just a bit about what it was like :(

Google "vietnam vet interviews" that's not cheating :uhoh:

Axver said:

:hug:

Axver said:

Hey...and we'd probably prefer just to see Americans there.:wink:

Axver said:
Perfectly understandable. That said, I'm sure a few fans might make the trip, but it'll only be the hardest of the hardcore. The same folks who flew over to Europe to see them.

That's going to be a very small number, as not many people will be able to afford the airfare. I'm sure most fans at the shows will be from Australia or New Zealand, but don't try to keep the hardcore fans away.

I would rather see actual fans there than the general public... but it aint going to happen.

If they want to spend $2000+ to come out here and see some shows with ludicrously high ticket prices, go for it. :up:

Axver said:

I agree. When I caught myself thinking "Wouldn't it be nice to see U2 in Australia?" today, I thought it in the same way I sometimes think "Wouldn't it be nice to win the lottery?" I feel spoiled rotten to have been able to go to four shows this year. It's definitely time that others get their chances.

Now Axver, will you buy me an Australian tour t-shirt? Pleeeease? :cute:

Hello All,

Just read all of the pages to catch up.

First question. If they have audio at zoo topia is there a way we can piggyback off of that to get audio here? How do you tap into their audio, is there a link?

Also, congrats on the extended tour Axver and timothias. :)

Also, really laughed out loud and just stared at the Robin Bono Williams photo. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

cleazer said:
Perfectly understandable. That said, I'm sure a few fans might make the trip, but it'll only be the hardest of the hardcore. The same folks who flew over to Europe to see them.

That's going to be a very small number, as not many people will be able to afford the airfare. I'm sure most fans at the shows will be from Australia or New Zealand, but don't try to keep the hardcore fans away.

Overall, it'll be a real plus to the local economy if a few thousand Americans travel to catch U2 over there. :yes:

every continent derserves a fair shot to see U2...I will have seen them twice this year so I have had my fair shot. The only way it wouldn't matter is if the shows wouldn't sell out...........

timothius said:
I would rather see actual fans there than the general public... but it aint going to happen.

If they want to spend $2000+ to come out here and see some shows with ludicrously high ticket prices, go for it. :up:

:drool:
but I do hope that most aussie and kiwi fans can get tickets!

honestly though most of us couldn't possibly afford to go and do that so Axver I don't think you have much to worry about. Now the tourists that will go are very rich people from lots of different countries. And hopefully some actual U2 fans as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom