Oakland II Setlist Watch And Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
timothius said:

4.2 million into 50,000 is what Auckland's equation will be. :wink:

LA's will be somthing into 70,000ish factoring in Anahiem is just down the road + Oakland + SD + Phoenix X 2.

Los Angeles alone is 3.7 million and then if you begin to factor in Orange County...that's another 3 million.... 6.7 million total for 70,000 seats...so on a percentage basis for both....your chances of getting a ticket is not that different.

Except that we cordially invite all foreigners to attend our shows.:wink:

u2wedge said:
To put things in perspective Axver, how old are you and how many shows have you been to?

I'm 35 and have seen the band 8 times and my first show was 18 years ago. It's not like U2 is touring here every year. We in the US feel your pain as well. You may get the impression from people like Ramblin' Rose and Miroslava that these shows are just a hop skip and a jump away, but they are the exception rather than the rule. I once went through a 9 year drought waiting for U2 to come back to my area, so I can identify with your comments completely.

:yes:

Miroslava has racked in quite a few air miles and has spent quite a bit 'o money this year :happy:

As far as I am concerned, this is a once in a lifetime thing for me, so if I can do it, why not? Life's to damn short.

Axver said:

Of course that comment seems mean once it's taken out of context. Put it back in context though and you'll see that all I want is for locals to enjoy concerts we didn't even think we'd get.

I'm tired of this argument, especially as I never intended for there to be any argument. I simply hoped that America would be content with its 70-odd shows. Of course I welcome anyone who comes here, but I never even thought U2 would ever play New Zealand again - so shouldn't the lucky locals be given preference to see U2, a band who may never even come to their country again?

Axver have you ever met a U2 fan during a tour that is content? :wink: We're always looking for more any way we can get it! :up:

ramblin rose said:
I guess I try not to bump into Axver during my trip down under.:huh:

I wish I'd never said anything now. I didn't want anyone to take it the wrong way but now it seems all of you have and it just makes me terribly sad. :sad:

All I want is for New Zealanders who never even thought they'd see U2 again to be able to see the shows. That's all. What's the harm in that?

Miroslava said:

:yes:

Miroslava has racked in quite a few air miles and has spent quite a bit 'o money this year :happy:

As far as I am concerned, this is a once in a lifetime thing for me, so if I can do it, why not? Life's to damn short.

exactly.. live a little!

Miroslava... Miroslava... Miroslava... (on repeat?)

Right On Miroslava! We just envy people like you and ramblinrose, ruffian,...

SETLIST:

1. City Of Blinding Lights
26_6_5.gif

2. Vertigo
359.gif

u2rulesmyworld said:

you mean i finally show up to one of these things and i cant hear?

You mean I finally find out someone has a DVD of a concert I went to and I can't get it?

people listening to my stream, the sound quality shouldnt be great, but can you make it out at least?

Miroslava said:
The thing I found about Mexico City (was just there a little over a year ago) is the transportation... Moving around can be a bit of a nightmare if you don't know what you're doing. As a single woman, I dont know that I'd get on a cab and the buses are crazy. There's metros too, but dunno... And again, I don't intimidate easily... For me personally, it just would not be worth the hassle and it's not lile lil ol' me is deprived of shows or anything :reject:

So yeah, if anything, Monterrey it is :wink:

Well Miroslava You're all invited to my home :) and you are right public transportation in Mexico is not one of our strong feautres:huh:

About Mexico City, it may be a bit overwhelming to be in a 20,000,000 people city, of course, that translates into messy traffic.

The public transportation is acceptable, the subway is highly reliable and cheap, the taxis, are cheap, you just have to make sure yourself pick up taxis from a secure place, of course, you need someone to advise you on where to go, what part of the city to stay, where not to go.

About security, is not as bad as media shows it, but for sure you have to be carefull and not take innecesary risks.

About the concert and how the people will behave, you have to imagine something along the lines of italians and spanish crowds.

Everyone is welcomed to come to Mexico, I will be glad to help in anyway.

Oh I'm sure anyone that comes to Mexico City, will love it.

And if Monterrey gets u2, I'll be there too ;)

I'm happy to leave the discussion and never return to it--there's enough negativity on interference these days without adding more, which is really sad.

I'm glad other countries are getting the tour. I'm delighted for citizens of those countries, and I'm delighted for citizens of other countries who get to travel to those places to hear U2 perform.

timothius said:
U2RMW...what are the chances of you being in NZ next year for the concerts?

If not I think we will have no problem getting a good quality, steady shot. :yes:

odds arent good, but it is possible and i would go if i had the money

only thing that would change that is if they annouced a US or Euro leg after it

OH NO! Why did I click out of a stream! Now they're full I think! :sad: Oh well, hopefully if I keep trying my persistance will kick someone off. :evil:

Kidding of course. :angel:

Axver said:

I wish I'd never said anything now. I didn't want anyone to take it the wrong way but now it seems all of you have and it just makes me terribly sad. :sad:

All I want is for New Zealanders who never even thought they'd see U2 again to be able to see the shows. That's all. What's the harm in that?

Axver, we want the same thing for you, and if we choose to join you, we'd hope you'd be happy to see us. We're your U2 pals, aren't we!?

I'm out. :wave: Someone can take my spot on QB's stream, here's to an excellent encore!

And thank you QB and Chizip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom