New York V Setlist Watch and Party, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
alexdescending said:

i think i remember hearing that bono sang, "i'm ready for the acrobat" during "zoo station" at one of the reaaallly early west coast shows and everyone FLIPPED.

yeah I think I have an mp3 of that!! don't remember which show though, I think it was one of the early ones, Anahiem maybe??

The acoustic Acrobat into Zoo Station was tight, though an acoustic version doesn't do the song justice, really.

Jon Stewart is hot.

Odds of an early Yahweh tonight? Axver, anyone?

I'd say the odds are pretty slim. Early Yahweh doesn't seem all that popular with the boys, unfortunately.

Cher covering U2? :mad:

I was in Baltimore a few years ago and staying right across the street from an arena where Cher was performing. After the show, I stood at the window of my hotel room and watched the mass hysteria as she was leaving. It was funny as hell to see people throwing themselves at her limo.

My parents and I saw the Stones in their limo two weekends ago en route from the airport to the Hershey stadium. My dad floored it and tried to catch up with them, which was also pretty funny. Which reminds me, when I saw Wild Horses on a recent setlist, I thought it was the Stones song, not the U2 song.

What any of this has to do with what we're talking about, I'm not sure... :ohmy:

I'm outta here, folks! Just as it's getting exciting, I've gotta get to bed. Got to work at 5am tomorrow til noon Sunday. :sad: Have fun! :wave:

kellyahern said:
I listened to Ultraviolet from 8/28/93 Dublin last night.

:bow: :bow: :drool:

oh mister macphisto how we miss you

My favorite version is from 6/11/1992..Stockholm:drool: :drool: :drool:

Best Desire/UltraViolet Phone Call: Washington DC

Lila64 said:

I'm with you!!!

BTW - did you ever get my PM with my address :reject:

yep - mailing both you and axver's keychains off tomorrow - I had to be all girly and get cards to go along with them :reject:

:D

AtomicBono said:

The acoustic Acrobat into Zoo Station was tight, though an acoustic version doesn't do the song justice, really.

Jon Stewart is hot.

point number 1: is that available anywhere in mp3 land?
point number 2: yes, yes he is.

My neighbor blasted James Taylor a lot. I'm glad he moved.

I'd take Jon Stewart over Conan myself. But I'd take Bono's scruff over both of them. :yes:

We saw the post 3 times circa - but no one can confirm it. We have to wait til after the show for that.

SETLIST:

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo / Rockaway Beach Snippet
3. Elevation
4. Electric Co. / Bullet With Butterfly Wings Snippet
5. GLORIA
6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In A Little While
7. Beautiful Day / ??? Snippet
8. Miracle Drug
9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

cleazer said:

I'd say the odds are pretty slim. Early Yahweh doesn't seem all that popular with the boys, unfortunately.

Zero.

It's going to be the same as the last four nights.

cleazer said:

i thought yahweh after sometimes was gorgeous. it just seemed very appropriate.

and, of course, it meant nifty things in the encores. :drool:

timothius said:
I've never liked the melody and lyrics for ISHFWILF anyway. People rip Some Days for having simple lyrics... but they are pretty much the same concept as ISHFWILF (even with a few choice little lines too).

I'm probably one of few, but I like Some days better than ISHFWILF.

Nice to see Gloria in the set.

Electric Co.
Gloria

That needs to be a staple in the setlist everynight

Axver said:

Zero.

It's going to be the same as the last four nights.

Can you honestly say you're suprised? The three Dublin shows varied very little until the encore, and I would be willing to wager that they were the "biggest" shows of the tour to the band.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom