New York I Setlist Watch and Party, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What will make me super-duper happy in Philly?

Keep Crumbs and Fast Cars! Awesome songs.

And....keep closing with WOWY. What a beautiful song to close a show with. Perfect. I love it.

Drea said:

Someone on the U2 GTA Yahoogroup recommended earplugs for GA - a suggestion for which I was VERY thankful after TO2 and 3 :wink: I took an earplug out for about 10 seconds during Dashboard Confessional's set just to see if there was a difference, and there was a BIG difference! My ears didn't ring at all after the show :)

Very smart...I only got on board with the earplug thing after that show...I saw Pearl Jam on back to back nights a few days later, with flesh-toned plugs firmly inserted:wink:

Axver said:
As much as I'd been saying WOWY should be dropped, I think it's so awesome it closed. Anyone know if it had Shine Like Stars or Love Will Tear Us Apart or any of that Lovetown goodness from when it closed?

No Shine Like Stars, and I don't think the JD snippet either...

Axver said:
As much as I'd been saying WOWY should be dropped, I think it's so awesome it closed. Anyone know if it had Shine Like Stars or Love Will Tear Us Apart or any of that Lovetown goodness from when it closed?

no axver... unfortunately no third verse!:sad:

redkat said:

Has there ever been a red-head brought up?:(

not that I remember :grumpy:

Not that I can recall either :sigh: Though I'd rather be brought up to sign something rather than dance ;) At least if I'm signing only my hands are moving and there's no chance of me tripping and unplugging something important! :lol:

Diane L said:
GREAT FINISH!!!! Can't wait until tomorrow night!!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful time at tomorrow's setlist party. I won't be here--I'll be there!!!!!!!

Have fun tomorrow, Diane!!

I probably won't be here for the setlist party either.
I have to be somewhere at 4 PM for a BBQ.

LemonMacPhisto said:
How many closers have there been this tour?

4?

is that a record since the Lovetown days?

Axver, help me out here:wink:

Actually, it's nothing unusual. Elevation had only two closers (Walk On and Out Of Control), but a tour like Popmart had many - One, Unchained Melody, Hallelujah, Wake Up Dead Man, etc.

LemonMacPhisto said:
How many closers have there been this tour?

4?

is that a record since the Lovetown days?

Axver, help me out here:wink:

And its not impossible that we will have a 4th opener after they are done with NYC.

Diane L said:
GREAT FINISH!!!! Can't wait until tomorrow night!!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful time at tomorrow's setlist party. I won't be here--I'll be there!!!!!!!

And I hope you have a wonderful time as well :hug:

Are you going early to see if the boys show up for soundcheck/meet some more interferencers? :hyper:

Last edited:
Axver said:

Actually, it's nothing unusual. Elevation had only two closers (Walk On and Out Of Control), but a tour like Popmart had many - One, Unchained Melody, Hallelujah, Wake Up Dead Man, etc.

But could basically all the PopMart closers you listed after One be considered extended snippets?

Niceman said:
You know, With or Without You WOULD be an awesome way to end a U2 show!!!

It is kinda the ultimate U2 song!

I agree! This beautiful song is quintessential U2. I think it's an awesome closer! :up:

you know...i've really come to love the flow of the set...my only problem is with the first encore...it should be a pop or zootv encore...and close with bad....
anyway...ive seen them 5 times on this tour so far...and i must say it really really is amazing...the band is at their best...i dont think they've been this good in over 10 years

Drea said:

Not that I can recall either :sigh: Though I'd rather be brought up to sign something rather than dance ;) At least if I'm signing only my hands are moving and there's no chance of me tripping and unplugging something important! :lol:

:hug:
We would be ...the first ones of our kind ...:hyper:

:uhoh: yea that was bad .....:reject:

rock888nwo said:
you know...i've really come to love the flow of the set...my only problem is with the first encore...it should be a pop or zootv encore...and close with bad....
anyway...ive seen them 5 times on this tour so far...and i must say it really really is amazing...the band is at their best...i dont think they've been this good in over 10 years

I think you could be right about everything you mention...

It's going to be tough for the next four shows to live up to tonight's.

Thanks Axver for posting the set at u2-vertigo-tour so quickly. I always feel like that's the cap-off to a setlist party, kind of like a "this is the journey we've been on for the last 2.5+ hours) :thumbsup:

LemonMacPhisto said:

But could basically all the PopMart closers you listed after One be considered extended snippets?

Only if you believe Love Is Blindness closed ZooTV Sydney rather than Can't Help Falling In Love With You.

MCF74 said:

I agree. Although they probably will in some way, tonight's setlist was very, very good.

... and tonight was a FIRST night! What do they have in store for the next nights?

:hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom