MERGED->GA rules and setlist details posted! + why 2 lines + I'm gonna miss lining up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hallelujah Here She Comes said:

It won't. At least not if you care where your spot is. This system isn't going to get rid of the line. First, not everyone will get in the "egg". So everyone else will still have to be lined up, and since you won't know if you're one of the random people who got into the egg until later, everyone will have to stay lined up. And then once you know you're in the egg, people will still want to line up to get in front in the egg. It might make the line a little less crazy, but there's still going to be a line.

"fans with wristbands will be told to return later in the day at a time set by the venue"

So perhaps not!

ultrraviolette said:

:yes: I totally agree with your post. Personally, had I known about this system ahead of time I would have tried for lowers, but it's too late now. Just hoping for the best and wishing this info had been released before ticket sales.

So you'd rather have no chance of getting in the egg?

purplicious said:

"fans with wristbands will be told to return later in the day at a time set by the venue"

So perhaps not!

Yeah...that's what they'll be TOLD. But if it's still going to be first-come first-served within the egg-line and the nonegg-line (and it's not clear whether or not this will be the case), then people are still going to line up. We'll see how this plays out, but the fact that the people giving out wristbands tell you to leave and come back proves nothing.

seeing as people are already lining up in San Diego, I'd think they'd be pissed if some venue worker comes out late tomorrow afternoon and hands out lottery wristbands and tells them to come back later, so they can try for a 1/5 shot at getting in the egg....

weinerdog said:
seeing as people are already lining up in San Diego, I'd think they'd be pissed if some venue worker comes out late tomorrow afternoon and hands out lottery wristbands and tells them to come back later, so they can try for a 1/5 shot at getting in the egg....

Except they already all know about the lottery rumour. It hasn't made any difference.

I can't speak for her, but I think she'd rather have no chance of getting stuck in the back of the floor.

Good Lord you have GOT to be kidding me!! The stage goes out to the mid floor, there is not a bad spot on the floor. I'm sure someone in nosebleed/rafter seats that is just happy to be there would be happy to exchange.

U2 fans can be some of the whiniest and brattiest out there. This thread proves it. Same with the setlist threads. People need to get a grip. Its a concert and its U2. Most people are happy they are there and get to see them play. Bitching about not getting the exact spot you wanted while paying the cheapest price and still being at least 20 feet from the band is ridiculous in SO many ways.

Last edited:
i was so lucky last tour that i'm just going to not worry about where i end up and just enjoy the show this time around. if someone else lucks out instead of me, maybe it was just their turn.

purplicious said:

So you'd rather have no chance of getting in the egg?

No, but I live up to 1-2.5 hours away from the venues I'm going to and I really don't want to go in the morning and get a wrist band, drive back home, and go back 6 or 7 hours later. Had I known about the lottery system it would have been much simpler to get lowers seats and just drive there an hour before the show.

I can't speak for her, but I think she'd rather have no chance of getting stuck in the back of the floor.

What's wrong with being on the back of the floor? At least you're on the floor, rather than stuck up in the nosebleeds - and even the back of the floor is closer to the stage than multiple sections of $165 seats!

This is just absurd. First we had people who weren't grateful to just be in the building, and now we have people who won't be happy unless they're close enough to bottle Bono's sweat.

weinerdog said:

:|

ultrraviolette said:

No, but I live up to 1-2.5 hours away from the venues I'm going to and I really don't want to go in the morning and get a wrist band, drive back home, and go back 6 or 7 hours later. Had I known about the lottery system it would have been much simpler to get lowers seats and just drive there an hour before the show.

Why don't you -

*go to the venue pick up your wristband

* go to that famous San Diego zoo

* have a nice picnic lunch with your mates

* go back to the arena

* have a good time

*Wolverine* said:

Good Lord you have GOT to be kidding me!! The stage goes out to the mid floor, there is not a bad spot on the floor. I'm sure someone in nosebleed/rafter seats that is just happy to be there would be happy to exchange.

U2 fans can be some of the whiniest and brattiest out there. This thread proves it. Same with the setlist threads. People need to get a grip. Its a concert and its U2. Most people are happy they are there and get to see them play. Bitching about not getting the exact spot you wanted while paying the cheapest price and still being at least 20 feet from the band is ridiculous in SO many ways.

Dude. Chill. I wasn't even right about what she was saying. And what I suggested isn't even true for me. I'm thrilled to be anywhere on the floor. And just because people don't like this system, it doesn't mean they aren't incredibly happy to see U2 play.

beli said:

Why don't you -

*go to the venue pick up your wristband

* go to that famous San Diego zoo

* have a nice picnic lunch with your mates

* go back to the arena

* have a good time

Considering I'm on the other side of the continental US, going to the San Diego zoo would really make me late :slant: hehe

weinerdog said:

See, people lining up this early is the exact reason they may do a lottery system. That is absolutely ridiculous.

The first show in Miami on Elevation, there wasnt even really a line until about 8am the day of the show. It has gotten out of hand and this proves it IMO.

Axver said:

What's wrong with being on the back of the floor? At least you're on the floor, rather than stuck up in the nosebleeds - and even the back of the floor is closer to the stage than multiple sections of $165 seats!

This is just absurd. First we had people who weren't grateful to just be in the building, and now we have people who won't be happy unless they're close enough to bottle Bono's sweat.

I'm sorry I even suggested that. I was completely wrong about what she meant. But I don't think it's absurd for someone not to want to go to the trouble of GA (even with this system it's still more trouble than a reserved seat) when (a) they have no idea what seat they'll end up with with GA and (b) they can guarantee themselves a very good reserved seat. I don't understand what's so wrong about wanting to control what spot you have.

Last edited:
I don't know about the rest of you, but I just can't wait to get the news tomorrow night about how everything went, from the GA line to the encore! I'm so excited, it feels like Christmas! :dance:

I'm sorry I even suggested that. I was completely wrong about what she meant. But I don't think it's absurd for someone not to want to go to the trouble of GA (even with this system it's still more trouble than a reserved seat) when (a) they have no idea what seat they'll end up with with GA and (b) they can guarantee themselves a very good reserved seat. I don't understand what's so wrong about wanting to control what spot you have.

But no-one ever had control over where they got in GA anyway - getting there first didn't necessitate best spot, as evidenced by various incidents. And even if you DID get the best spot, having to leave for the toilet could totally erase all the effort. No-one's guaranteed anything with GA except that they will be SOMEWHERE on the floor. And frankly, I really don't care where I end up. I have GAs to two Boston shows and I'll have just as much fun up the back - I'm thankful I'm even there. And this is coming from a guy who has lived most of his life in cynical pessimism.

Also, I'm very much into control. But I'd rather have a CHANCE (and a good chance too!) at being close than totally eliminate that chance by getting seating. Though at the end of the day, it's about the music, which you can hear just as well from the back of the floor, I'm sure.

Axver said:

But no-one ever had control over where they got in GA anyway - getting there first didn't necessitate best spot, as evidenced by various incidents. And even if you DID get the best spot, having to leave for the toilet could totally erase all the effort. No-one's guaranteed anything with GA except that they will be SOMEWHERE on the floor. And frankly, I really don't care where I end up. I have GAs to two Boston shows and I'll have just as much fun up the back - I'm thankful I'm even there. And this is coming from a guy who has lived most of his life in cynical pessimism.

Also, I'm very much into control. But I'd rather have a CHANCE (and a good chance too!) at being close than totally eliminate that chance by getting seating. Though at the end of the day, it's about the music, which you can hear just as well from the back of the floor, I'm sure.

Well, I'd argue you had more control before. But whatever. We're arguing about someone's hypothetical motivations, so this is kind of moot, especially since I agree with you about anywhere on the floor being a pretty good spot.

Blue Room said:

You got that even without the lottery system. At the 5-16-01 Chicago show that heart was half full of VIP's and not people that camped out all day. They were more interested in getting more beer and being seen than they were what was happening on stage.

Well, I have "VIP" reserved seats for one of my shows, along with wristbands that get me in the egg, so I know they will be doing it again this tour. (Giving VIP's egg access)

If people are in line this early, I am 10000% happy they are doing a lotto system. Those fools save spots and rotate shifts and THAT is not fair. "Completely happy they are doing away with the stupid lineups"

Well, I'd argue you had more control before. But whatever. We're arguing about someone's hypothetical motivations, so this is kind of moot, especially since I agree with you about anywhere on the floor being a pretty good spot.

True, there was more of a sense of control than before, I agree there. I guess we have more common ground in this discussion than it first seemed. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom