MERGED--> All Brussels Rehearsals Discussions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

djerdap

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
U2 have begun their soundcheck in Brussels!

From u2achtung.com forums...
They arrived during the day in Brussels and started their soundcheck around 17:00 hrs.

So far these songs have been played:

Vertigo
Until the End of the World
Out of Control
Elevation
Beautiful Day
Love and Peace or Else

bathiu said:

Elevation :madspit:

I am not a fan of Elevation, but after experiencing it at the last shows of the 1st leg, I kept on thinking how awesome it would be with a bigger crowd and was hoping they would do it at the show I'm going to in Barcelona.

So don't count it out yet, it could be fun with 60,000 people.

Yes, Elevation isnt my favorite song, but it was kind of fun in concert, there are others I'd take out before it.

yeah. Elevation is a simple, "Don't knock it until you see it". it is actually one of my favorite songs of this tour, and i hate the album and single version.

Palace_Hero said:
I think this could be a glimpse of the setlist order so far.

I dunno.. I see UTEOTW and OOC as more mid-set rockers than 2nd & 3rd in the set. But who knows? I agree that that short list of songs should provide for a kick-ass, rockin' show no matter what!

Utoo said:

I dunno.. I see UTEOTW and OOC as more mid-set rockers than 2nd & 3rd in the set. But who knows? I agree that that short list of songs should provide for a kick-ass, rockin' show no matter what!

my thought is theyll want more straight forward rockers at the beginning because there will still be a bit of daylight and so the visual effects wont be at full force yet.

the straight forward rocking songs dont need the visuals to get the crowd excited.

Utoo said:

Well, on Elevation UTTEOTW was a 3rd song staple I believe? So second would be cool to me.

I see the end of the guitar in Vertigo, when Edge just lets the last chord hang there, leading into the intro of UTTEOTW. Then the climax of that leads into OOC, much like it used to go into NYD. Both Out of Control and New Years Day have similar drum/bass intros so that isn't far fetched.

Then after that three hit combo you have the slow burn build up of Elevation, combining with BD like on the Elevation tour.

I don't see however BD leading into Love and Peace, I think the Miracle Drug/Beautiful Day combination will remain.

Like I say, I think it could be a glimpse. There aren't many other songs new album songs that can be thrown up there, COBL wont work in the daylight and ABOY needs to hang around to pep up the later set (in theory). Only LAPOE can do the job, and that isn't balls out enough to be one of the first 5, but could be one of the first 10.

I see:

Vertigo
Until The End of the World
Out Of Control/Electric Co.
Elevation
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
Etc..

bathiu said:
What were the FX during Elevation? (lights, images on curtains?)

nothing really, just white lights

thats why it could make a good "daylight" song

Palace_Hero said:
I might add to this topic that I have concerns over the whole gig intro.

Vertigo is pretty immediated, hence COBL and LAPOE opening on Leg 1.

Anyone know what they did when Vertigo opened in Chicago (I think it was there).

there were the Everyones, then the drum beat kicked in, then Bono screamed OH YEAAAAH three times, then the song began

Can I just say about "daylight songs" that it doesn't get dark till around past 10pm in June in the UK. Will they still be on stage then?

Dalton said:

I don't think so. I think the song is more about that feeling you had growing up that you were always on the verge of doing something crazy.

I would like to hear your interpretation that makes it about time....

I'm guessing when njelevation said 'its about time', they were actually referring to the fact they felt the songs appearance back in the setlist was overdue and not trying to explain what they thought the song was about :wink:

in the US they were on stage from aroud 9-11pm

Many US cities have curfew laws where the show had to be over at 11. I dont know if its the same in Europe, they could possibly go from 9:30-11:30 so its a little more in the dark

reggiethedawg said:

I'm guessing when njelevation said 'its about time', they were actually referring to the fact they felt the songs appearance back in the setlist was overdue and not trying to explain what they thought the song was about :wink:

Sure they were :eyebrow:

Next thing you know, you'll try and tell me this place is blue :no:

Willie mentions in his diary that in the UK and Ireland a lot of times the curfew is 10 or 10:30.

He also mentions that the effects still work if it is not completely dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom