Charlotte, NC Setlist Watch, Stream, and Party Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gen. Chat said:
Fox News is holding a vigil outside the prison, it's disgusting. BTW clemency was declined and he's scheduled for execution any minute. :tsk:
i don't understand why he can't just have life in prison? :tsk:

oh, and fuck fox news. "fair and balanced" my arse.

Chizip said:
ok so what sign should i bring to st louis?

I quite like this one:

100-0001_IMG.jpg

Gen. Chat said:

I agree 100% on all counts and I'll drop the subject, sorry guys.

No, I'd like to know updates. I don't think any network here will be covering it and I can't stomach looking up online articles, but I'd like to briefly know what's happening. Is he still alive at the moment?

This is all magnified in my mind by the fact I'm reading Leo Tolstoy's The Death Of Ivan Ilych right now.

I hate college. Why do my finals have to stress me out for Christmas. I suck at essays. They're so boring. ZZZzzzzzZZZZ I need to get focused and study rather than post. But I'm addicted! :no:

KhanadaRhodes said:

i don't understand why he can't just have life in prison? :tsk:

Because this is a "culture of life" and somehow his death promotes that! :down:

I think everyone with upcoming concerts should take this sign:

PLAY ONE TREE HILL IN AUCKLAND

:yes: :yes: :yes:

If I was next to the balcony or something I would just bring a sign that said "MOFO or I jump" with an arrow pointing down. I'm not very clever. :lol:

Axver said:
I think everyone with upcoming concerts should take this sign:

PLAY ONE TREE HILL IN AUCKLAND

:yes: :yes: :yes:

how about?

DON'T PLAY ONE TREE HILL IN AUCKLAND

I guess this isn't a good time to mention that I happen to be a Republican. :uhoh:

But WAIT! I don't support the Dea...-is beaten up- :crazy:

Miringeltje said:

Same here.

It probably won't come as a surprise that I'm opposed the death penalty.

However I think the whole clemency thing is weird too.

I cannot even begin to fathom how terrifying it is for someone to watch a clock and know it's ticking away the final seconds of their life. I cannot comprehend how anyone could sleep at night after administering lethal injections.

This all just feels so wrong to me.

I want to know what's happening but looking up articles is too much. I feel physically sick with just brief news snippets here.

KhanadaRhodes said:

you'd probably call me a dirty tree-hugging liberal :happy:

Now and days that seems to be the cool thing to be. Especially with all the Republican hate going on. But I guess everyone has always hated us. :lol:

Mmm, jealous minority. :drool:

catlhere said:
I guess this isn't a good time to mention that I happen to be a Republican. :uhoh:

But WAIT! I don't support the Dea...-is beaten up- :crazy:

You know, if McCain runs in 2008, I (if I were a US voter) would likely vote for him.

As much as I hate Bush-style Republicanism and the extreme right, I could never bring myself to vote Democrat either.

If I lived in the US, I'd likely be voting for some small, obscure party.

Axver said:
I cannot even begin to fathom how terrifying it is for someone to watch a clock and know it's ticking away the final seconds of their life. I cannot comprehend how anyone could sleep at night after administering lethal injections.
:yes: i wouldn't say i'm 100% against it, but i would definitely say i can't think of one instance from memory where i think someone who's been given the death penalty "deserved" it. life in prison without the possibility would've sufficed, and cost just as much. this whole "killing them is cheaper" argument is total bullshit and besides, who on earth are we to decide that adults deserve to die?

i know i probably sound like a hypocrite given that i'm pro-abortion, oh well :shrug:

Miringeltje said:
Axver, all it says right now is that they are awaiting for word from officials.

The only word I want from officials is that they refused to administer the lethal injection and he will live.

The poor guy. I really don't care whether or not he's telling the truth when he says he's innocent - that doesn't change how awful it is to execute someone. No-one should have to endure the agony of "this is my final hour".

Back
Top Bottom