Brisbane Rehearsal Setlist Watch & Party Part I

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:

Angel Of Harlem is full band, just how it should be done, and its outro is modified due to the harmonica element.

By the way, does anyone know this Father Jack's last name? Because whenever I read it, I can't help but think of Father Jack Hackett from the TV comedy Father Ted. "NUNS! DRINK!"

you forget to mention that the 2nd half of the lyrics for angel, bono was doing a bob dylan impersonation :wink:

quadcaster said:

you forget to mention that the 2nd half of the lyrics for angel, bono was doing a bob dylan impersonation :wink:

:lol:

I just expanded my article about the rehearsal. If I have made any errors (I'm still on a post-concert high) or I forgot to add anything notable, let me know.

Also, I think I must've made a fool of myself by being the most active person on that hill! But free music + good music = time to have fun!

Axver said:

Also, I think I must've made a fool of myself by being the most active person on that hill! But free music + good music = time to have fun!

You were not alone there... I would've given you a run for your money :wink:

Wow, this is so great! I hope it stops raining and I am sure it will be a fantastic show. I am especially excited about the new Kite version. And is Bono playing Digeridoo or what?

WOW..... sounds so good to have 3-4 new songs !!!!!

Axver, what did you say about the War songs? They were cut ???

What War songs? You mean the album or the 3 songs about war? (SBS, LAPOE, BTBS )

last unicorn said:
Wow, this is so great! I hope it stops raining and I am sure it will be a fantastic show. I am especially excited about the new Kite version. And is Bono playing Digeridoo or what?

The rain's already easing. This is Queensland: it never rains for long. Rain tends to rock up quickly and go quickly, usually in the late afternoon or evening. Tomorrow's forecast is for "mostly" fine weather.

No idea who's playing the didgeridoo.

Yahweh_OMG said:
WOW..... sounds so good to have 3-4 new songs !!!!!

Axver, what did you say about the War songs? They were cut ???

What War songs? You mean the album or the 3 songs about war? (SBS, LAPOE, BTBS )

The War trio was cut - obviously not the War songs as NYD is in the set I posted! The band went straight from Walk On to Pride due to the rain.

That suited me fine as it keeps Miss Sarajevo until tomorrow for me. Good to keep something a surprise. :wink:

Thats real cool.

Hope y'all have a blast tomorrow night, And I'll be at Lano And Woodley, missing the setlist party :p

But none the less :rockon:

this is so exciting :hyper:

and I'm not even closeby :(
:wink:

You're gonna have a great time guys!!

Axver, you could just lurk over the fence from the hill right? Or did you by chance get in the stadium?

ps: I love your comments/updates on your site! :up: Much appreciated !!

greety said:
Axver, you could just lurk over the fence from the hill right? Or did you by chance get in the stadium?

We kept yelling "let us in!" but we never got into the stadium. Most people hung around on the hill behind Gate 16. You could see through a gap in the stands to the main stage, though you could only see most of the screen, not the actual stage itself. Though for someone with horrible vision like myself, I could just see some cool lights in the distance. :wink:

ps: I love your comments/updates on your site! :up: Much appreciated !!

Thank you! :)

This sounds great. Does anybody know how many hours Brisbane is ahead of Ireland and the UK? Always thought that Kite would make for a great way of closing a show. Although maybe they'll throw in something else after it tomorrow night

DublinGuy said:
This sounds great. Does anybody know how many hours Brisbane is ahead of Ireland and the UK? Always thought that Kite would make for a great way of closing a show. Although maybe they'll throw in something else after it tomorrow night

By a look at your and Axver's clock, 10 hours, I'd say :wink:

Oooooooh it's starting again and I can't wait!!!!

To all of those who are going to the concert have the time of your lives! :). Can't wait to hear this new version of "Kite" it sounds like it's going to be great.

Jeffo17 said:
Did bono Sing all parts of The Saints are Coming???

Off memory, yes. I don't remember noticing any other singer.

greety said:

By a look at your and Axver's clock, 10 hours, I'd say :wink:

Yep. Brisbane is +1000 GMT. Right now, due to daylight savings, Adelaide is +1030, Sydney/Melbourne +1100, and Auckland +1300.

ThoraSEB said:
Thanks so much for the updates, Axver. Sounds like it was a fantastic evening. I'm so excited for you all!

Thanks! It was awesome - still on a post-concert high, but I better get some sleep now unless I want to be totally tired tomorrow!

:combust:

This sounds unbelievable! I hope they keep the same energy & variety when they hit Auckland! I'm psyched to hear Kite---these descriptions are amazing.

Did anyone tape these?

For those looking for a setlist party tonight/tomorrow morning, check out www.timezoneconverter.com to find out what time it'll be for you.

I'm pumped! :dance:

Axver said:

Thanks! It was awesome - still on a post-concert high, but I better get some sleep now unless I want to be totally tired tomorrow!

Yes, stay good for your exams, my friend! :wink:

ramblin rose said:

wow, that's awesome. It's so cool to hear the people cheering!

Do you get the feeling he had no idea what most of the words were.
havent even seen it yet lol, wont be able to watch until i get home from work,

just thought would post for you guys :)

Back
Top Bottom