Anyone Else Get This From U2.com/ticketmaster?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigroguk

Babyface
Dear U2.com subscriber

It has come to our attention that some of you are still experiencing difficulties in using your access code to book tickets during the presale for the UK and Belgium shows of the U2 tour.

Some browser or firewall settings have been found to conflict with the security checks in place as part of the purchase process. Subscribers may find that disabling the privacy features relating to the way in which your browser or firewall handles URL information, may allow you to proceed through to the purchase pages and complete your booking.

Please note that Ticketmaster does not recommend making any changes that could expose your computer to Internet security threats, and further, Ticketmaster accepts no liability for any harm caused by changes made to your privacy features

In order to help you book your tickets before the general on-sale on Friday 28 January we have set up a dedicated email address to deal with any ongoing problem.

If you have still been unable to book tickets using your revalidated access code then please email U2contact@ticketmaster.co.uk with your name, and a telephone number where you can be contacted between 9.00am and 12.00pm GMT on Thursday 27 January.

On that day one of our customer service team will call you and take your booking over the phone. In order for us to process your booking quickly over the telephone, please have at the ready the following details:

· your six character U2.COM access code

· the event for which you wish to purchase tickets

· number of tickets

· payment card details - credit/debit/switch card

Please be aware that any multiple bookings using the same U2.COM access code will be cancelled and refunded by Ticketmaster without further notification.

Well they did'nt phone(what a suprise) and i still got no tiickets and the bit about firewalls etc well that is fucking priceless

Surely they should've thought of this?

The way the system works it should have been vigorously tested to ensure this kind of thing comes to their attention BEFORE the feckin pre-sale started.

I really really really fear what's going to happen on Monday for Dublin tickets.

Yeah I got this which I thought was strange as I had emailed the mailserve@u2.com or whatever it was telling them that one of my codes had been eaten and needed sorting out . I just assumed it had gone out to everyone.

Last edited:
Smidge said:
Surely they should've thought of this?

The way the system works it should have been vigorously tested to ensure this kind of thing comes to their attention BEFORE the feckin pre-sale started.

I really really really fear what's going to happen on Monday for Dublin tickets.

Yes, it should have been tested. The sad fact is that for one reason or another ticketmaster always collapses when a major event goes on sale. I do not understand why they have never done anything at all to correct it.

JUST A QUICK UPDATE THEY NEVER PHONED ME AND THE GENERAL SALE IS IN 15 HOURS OR SO ......................SO THANK YOU U2.COM AND TICKETMASTER ENJOY MY $40 YOU STOLE FROM ME BONO,EDGE,LARRY AND ADAM

yes I got this message despite having already got tickets for Glasgow so didnt know whether to chance using the presale code again for Manchester tickets.

Decided not to risk it and will try the general sale the morra for manchester tickets.

Back
Top Bottom