Vertigo In Chicago - U2 Midwest Bash 2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Are you interested in attending the U2-Midwest party?

• YES! I will definately be there!

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Maybe. I'm not sure yet.

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • No. I hate U2 fan gatherings.

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • I need to know the details before I make solid plans.

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters
I'm going to the show on the 7th, but my flight leaves Chicago early on the 8th, so I won't be able to make it to the party. :(

U2girl1978, if you haven't already booked your flights, you might look at Midway airport as well as O'Hare. Midway is closer to downtown. We live in central northwest Indiana, so we will probably drive.

MsPurrl said:
U2girl1978, if you haven't already booked your flights, you might look at Midway airport as well as O'Hare. Midway is closer to downtown. We live in central northwest Indiana, so we will probably drive.

Oh really? Thanks for the tip! :)

MsPurrl said:

Hmm . . . I'd personally go with O' Hare if you can, for multiple reasons. I've officially thrown in the towel on Midway.

I Move in Mysterious Ways said:
Hmm . . . I'd personally go with O' Hare if you can, for multiple reasons. I've officially thrown in the towel on Midway.

Why's that? I actually prefer Midway, because you get in and out faster than you do at O'Hare. If your Midway experience is from several years ago, I can definitely sympathize, but it recently had a massive renovation, and it is currently one of the best airports around.

Hmm . . . maybe I was just unlucky :slant: And yeah . . . O'hare is often congested -- sometimes horribly. My personal airport of choice in the area is always Mitchell Field -- but that's a bit further out in the sticks for you guys ;)

dont know if this will help anyone, but the Congress Plaza hotel has a special if you're staying 3 nights or more. So if anyone is going to be there the whole weekend, its a great deal.

A double bed room is $79 a night with that deal. The hotel is in the heart of Chicago, right off Michigan Ave. Right next to mostly all the sites, the hard rock, and 3 miles from the United Center.

http://www.congressplazahotel.com/

click on "view current specials" and then go to "bed only."

U2Girl1978 said:
:bump:

Any updates on this? :D Is there going to be some bad karaoke happening at the Hard Rock Cafe?

Yeah.....we're still working on ideas for it. But we're definitely having a party on the 8th. You can all count on that! :rockon:

how late do you think the party will be going? my plane gets in around 9 pm on the 8th... will have to drop my stuff at the hotel, and then could head over. so could arrive my 10ish... :)

*Ally* said:
how late do you think the party will be going? my plane gets in around 9 pm on the 8th... will have to drop my stuff at the hotel, and then could head over. so could arrive my 10ish... :)

I think we're aiming for a late afternoon party. So I doubt it'll still be going at 10ish. Sorry!

But you're welcome to say hello to the U2-Midwest" bunch in the GA line the next day. I'm sure we'll be passing around some glow sticks or something.

eep said:

I think we're aiming for a late afternoon party. So I doubt it'll still be going at 10ish. Sorry!

But you're welcome to say hello to the U2-Midwest" bunch in the GA line the next day. I'm sure we'll be passing around some glow sticks or something.

ok, cool! thanks for the info- and have a great time at the party! :)

eep said:

My daughter is 18 and coming with. Can you please make sure the location allows minors in???

It's been a problem in the past...:(

tawanda said:

My daughter is 18 and coming with. Can you please make sure the location allows minors in???

It's been a problem in the past...:(

It will be, no worries. We're trying to get the Hard Rock, like we did in 2001. Open for all ages and super fun because they put U2 cds on for us. :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom