April 24th, Key Arena in Seattle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seattle pre show-day dinner get together plans...

i have 7 people already in for a dinner meeting/get together at 7 PM on Saturday April 23, 2005 at Buca Di Beppo (italian pizzas, pasta, etc.. very delicious) near Seattle Center area.

Anyone else interested? RSVP me by posting here, PM, or email dude@asu.edu

I need to find out how many people want to go so I can put in reservation with the restaurant as they want me to check with them for 20+ group

http://www.bucadibeppo.com/

I will reserve on April 10th.

Last edited:
love2bmama said:
I would totally be there but I don't fly in until the morning of the 24th...how come you guys are meeting up the day before the concert?? If there are any other get togethers on the 24 or 25th please post them here!

I'm flying in very later on the 23rd. The gigs on the 24 and 25 will be my first ever U2 gigs too - can't wait ;-).

Email or pm me if you're interested in meeting up!

Ms M - Are you interested?

wild honey 7 - what time do you fly in?

love2bmama - i and several other people will be in the GA line on 24th which would make it hard to do a meeting elsewhere as we (GA people) will be at the arena!! but how about we have someone do a food and drink run or somethin?

oooh yeah, GA line, didn't think about that! Dang, I wish I had that problem!! Dying to get my hands on a GA ticket, but I don't want to miss out altogether so I went ahead and bought a reserved ticket yesterday. :|
I am planning on hanging around the arena some on both days, so maybe we can meetup in the line and I will do your food run for you!
Wild Honey/Su, are you going to be in the GA line that day too? Can't remember which day you said you have GA....

I have GAs for both nights. Can I hang with all of you at Buca too? :D I told SF Gal but wanted to make sure you knew too Jesse. Can't wait to meet everyone!

Also, where's everyone staying? I still haven't booked yet....but will probably be at the Best Western.

AlliDreamsOutLoud said:
I have GAs for both nights. Can I hang with all of you at Buca too? :D I told SF Gal but wanted to make sure you knew too Jesse. Can't wait to meet everyone!

Also, where's everyone staying? I still haven't booked yet....but will probably be at the Best Western.

hii there :) SF already told me about you, you are included already for Bucca. lookin fwd to meeting you and everybody!

i'm staying at my folks place.. :lol:

18 days or so and counting :)

so i have 8 people on list already...

me & my parents
AlliDreamsOutLoud
SFGAL & her hubby
UKTan
Ms. M

Anyone else?

So, I am coming to Seattle for the first time for the 2 U2 shows and know nothing about the city. Pardon me if I sound like a stalker, but where is everybody staying? Should I rent a car to get from the airport to the key arena and the hotel? Or, is the transportation system pretty good? Please post whatever info you can. You can also e-mail me personally at:

ziggy4k@juno.com

Sorry, if this is in the wrong forum. Thanks.

Kev

I'm in the same position, Kev, so please share anything you find out! I do have a hotel room booked, but am planning on taking the public transit from the airport to downtown.....I've been to Seattle but never spent a lot of time there, so I don't know if the transit is very good or not. Any pointers would be great!
I fly in early Sun. morning, by the way.

http://transit.metrokc.gov/

Here is the link to Seattle Metro. I highly suggest using the trip planner. I've taken the bus from the airport to downtown. It is bus. no. 194 and runs pretty regularly. However, I'm not quite sure which busses run over to the Seattle Center area. I'm thinking Metro Transit No. 2 will get to that area. The Seattle Center area is located in what's also called the Lower Queen Anne area.

I live in the area but I live on the Eastside (east of Lake Washington - Seattle is west of the lake) and still learning my way around Downtown but will be more than happy to help with any advice, etc.

I have tix to the Monday show -- section 202, Row 17 (sitting the rafters).

thanks for that link, Ms M, and for the info on Seattle. I'm really not sure what I'm doing flying into a strange city and finding my way around alone without a car, but it's all good! :p
Definitely worth it, and just 16 days to go!!! woo hooo!!!:dancing:

I'm going to both shows, and going alone to the 24th. I'm going to try and get to Key Arena in the afternoon to see if they're releasing any more GA tickets, as I hear they've been doing at other venues. If not, then I have my nosebleed seat. *g*

In any case, I'd be up for joining up with you guys Saturday night at Buca di Beppo (or however you spell it). Can I tag along? :wink:

I think I'm going to do the same, coriander. Hoping to get a GA for Sunday night, if not then I will have my nosebleed seat at least, but oh man, it'd be so cool to have the GA experience!!

I'm planning on hanging around the venue hoping to catch Bono on the way in for soundcheck, hopefully get a few close up pics!!

So excited, only 2 weeks to go! Please god give us good weather that weekend, lol!

reservation made for 10 people!

PS: please don't discuss my tour planms other than europe with my folks, ok? :) thanks, i don't want them to know yet.

Last edited:
So, have any of you guys been to key arena for a concert? I am thinking about bringing my MD player with me to try to record the shows. Since I have GA and will be waiting in line for some of the day and won't want to leave the line, etc.... sneaking my MD player and mic in may be quite difficult. So, was wondering what security is like there? Do they "wand" each person as they enter, etc?. I saw sting in boise a few nights ago and recorded the show, it turned out okay. Anyway, it kinda got me in the mood to record the two seattle shows. Also, anybody else out there planning to record?

Kev

kellyahern said:
I caved and got an ebay ticket for Monday night, so I'll be at the shows Sunday and Monday :wave:

:applaud:

So little will power when it comes to the boyz :lmao:

Where are your tixs for Monday?

Ms. M said:

:applaud:

So little will power when it comes to the boyz :lmao:

Where are your tixs for Monday?

I know, I told myself I wasn't going to do it :reject: But then I started rationalizing, "You know, since your flying all the way out there and there's another show the next day . . . "

Hopefully the ebay guy is legit :reject: I think so, he had good feedback and it's not ticket fast.

section 125, row 21

Back
Top Bottom