April 24th, Key Arena in Seattle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hahaha

Yeah, I'm going to the show on the 24th, really want to go to the one on the 25th too, but i'm only 16, so I can't order them off ebay. Darn. This'll be my first U2 show, can't wait!

Oh, if any of you have questions about the show or the seattle area in general, you can ask me, because I'm local, so direct questions here!

By the way, does anyone know how the seats behind the stage are? Because those are the seats I have, and i'm really worried about those lights that come down blocking my vision...

Just got plane tickets to seattle. Now, I just have to get the concert tickets. I'll get them some how. Looking forward to seeing them again.

blackhawklp5 I sat behind the stage in sj and thought it was great. Actually trying on ebay to get behind the stage for seattle. Was actually closer than I usually get. Lights weren't a big problem. My husband thought the lights were really cool, one of the best features of the show.

Hi all! I'll be GA on the 24th and seats on the 25th (I'm taking my dad that night!)

To those of you coming from out of town, renting a car or cabbing it will be much easier to get around than bussing it from the airport. It's pretty easy to drive downtown and we don't have any cool train transport from the airport.

And as far as getting into Key Arena, I can't remember ever being wanded there - just the visual/soft pat search... saw the Beastie Boys there this year and they didn't do any heavy searching. I do plan on bringing my camera and contemplating recording - any tips on devices?

Hope to meet lots of you there!! LESS THAN 2 weeks! yay!

I sent PM's to the following regarding what name the reservation is under and details:

AlliDreamsOutLoud
UKTan
Ms. M
karmic_postmark
corianderstem

SF: please get the info from tan.. can't pm you.

Thanks for setting this up Jesse! Can't wait to meet you all!

btw, has anyone called the Key Arena to see what the GA procedures are? I'm sure they are somewhat the same as all the other venues but SJ did mix it up by giving us wristbands at 8am and allowing us to leave and come back by 5p.

AlliDreamsOutLoud said:
Thanks for setting this up Jesse! Can't wait to meet you all!

btw, has anyone called the Key Arena to see what the GA procedures are? I'm sure they are somewhat the same as all the other venues but SJ did mix it up by giving us wristbands at 8am and allowing us to leave and come back by 5p.

surprisingly there were no wristbands at glendale arizona shows so i don't know! we'll see :wink:

I'll find out for myself on Sunday ... I had a nosebleed seat and just bought a GA ticket from someone today.

Dear god, I hope I didn't get scammed. Am hanging onto my regular ticket, just in case!

kellyahern said:
I caved and got an ebay ticket for Monday night, so I'll be at the shows Sunday and Monday :wave:

Hi Kelly,

Three of us Tampans are making the trip to Seattle. You're not the only one. What're we, nuts? What a haul! Can't wait.

Jeremiah

xana dew said:

Hi Kelly,

Three of us Tampans are making the trip to Seattle. You're not the only one. What're we, nuts? What a haul! Can't wait.

Jeremiah

Cool, I'm glad I'm not the only one :lol:

I looked at my bank account this morning, and all I can say is thank goodness for overdraft protection :reject:

When are you guys leaving for Seattle? I'm flying Delta at around 7:30 a.m. on Saturday (so early, I'll be a zombie that day :yikes: ).

Hey guys, I got this email from Teresita at DATA. If you aren't in the GA line (or if you ARE and we do get wristbands!), you should stop by this rally before the show - it's close to Key Arena! :yes:

Just a quick reminder to join us for a ONE Campaign Rally on Sunday April 24th
before the U2 Concert in Seattle! We will be gathering at St. Paul's Episcopal
Church, 15 Roy St. from 5 - 6 pm. Hear live music, speakers and see a video of
the ONE Campaign launch in Philadephia.

Confirmed speakers include, The Very Reverend Taylor, St. Marks Cathedral; Mr.
Jonah Govoka, Jubliee Zimbabwe; and Mr. Dan O'Neill, Founder Mercy Corps.

discotechie said:
Hey guys, I got this email from Teresita at DATA. If you aren't in the GA line (or if you ARE and we do get wristbands!), you should stop by this rally before the show - it's close to Key Arena! :yes:

Just a quick reminder to join us for a ONE Campaign Rally on Sunday April 24th
before the U2 Concert in Seattle! We will be gathering at St. Paul's Episcopal
Church, 15 Roy St. from 5 - 6 pm. Hear live music, speakers and see a video of
the ONE Campaign launch in Philadephia.

Confirmed speakers include, The Very Reverend Taylor, St. Marks Cathedral; Mr.
Jonah Govoka, Jubliee Zimbabwe; and Mr. Dan O'Neill, Founder Mercy Corps.

F it all. I posted this but didn't see my husband had been logged on, so it posted as him. Discotechie stay outta here!

kellyahern said:

Cool, I'm glad I'm not the only one :lol:

I looked at my bank account this morning, and all I can say is thank goodness for overdraft protection :reject:

When are you guys leaving for Seattle? I'm flying Delta at around 7:30 a.m. on Saturday (so early, I'll be a zombie that day :yikes: ).

I'm flying out Friday to pick up another diehard in Ohio. I'll fly from Columbus to Detroit to Seattle Saturday morning. My two friends are leaving from Tampa at 6:30 a.m. Saturday. We'll all be land ing in Seattle at about 11:30 a.m. PST. Plus, my brother is flying from Maryland to Detroit to Seattle, too! We're comin' from all over to seee the boys. Crazy.

Yeah, don't worry too much about them searching you at the Key. I went to a concert there a few months back, and they just pat you, no wands. I'm thinking about calling them in a couple days just to check their regs on cameras.

I also hear Bono and Edge :)edge: :bono: )are meeting people in the back entrance at most of the previous shows between 2:30 and 4:00 pm, so I'm gonna be there. :bow: :camera:

That'll be so cool if they do. I think I'll bring the faceplate/pickguard on my guitar for them to sign. *sigh* can't wait!!!

Four more days!!!!!

:yes: :camera: :dancing: :applaud: :rockon: :hyper:

Oh, and for those of you who haven't been able to get tickets, if you go to the EMP (Experience Music Project), which is just a few blocks down from the Key, 107.7 The End (the best radio station in Seattle) will be there giving out free tickets to the show, plus U2 cds and dvds. They'll be doing this both Sunday and Monday, I think it's from about 5:30 - 7:30 pm. Good luck!

Last edited:
I just called Key Arena and asked how they are handling the GA line-up. I was told fans will be allowed to line up at 6 a.m.

I asked if they will give every fan a number so that the line can reconvene at 5 p.m. (as has been done at other arenas). The rep told me they will have a "first come, first served" situation. No numbers will be distributed.

I only talked to one customer service rep ao I wouldn't take this as written in stone.

ok, i'm going. count me in for dinner Sat. night!

Last edited:
Traffic Warning for Saturday night get together.

I'm sure most will be taking taxi's, busses or walking but traffic and parking will be hectic Saturday night. Sonics actually made it into the playoffs and the first game is Saturday and tip off is at 7:30 so it will be a bit hectic getting too and finding parking at Beca di Beppo's.

Ok, I just scored a GA for Sunday night!!:dancing: :dancing:

This totally changes my plans, though, since I guess I'll be spending the day in the GA line, as soon as I can get there from the airport. I need some help guys, because I have never been to a concert before or been to a big venue like this! :confused:
First of all, where can I park? Should I go in the garage or on the street or what?
Also, I pick up my ticket at the Will Call window...do I need to go there first and get the ticket and then get in the GA line, or do I just get in the GA line and then get my ticket when I get to the front of the line??
Sorry if I sound stupid, but we just don't have these big events here in Montana and I'm a total newbie to this, lol!

I'd try for street parking first to save money. Try driving around the Queen Anne neighborhoods (where Key Arena is) and Belltown (closer to downtown, just south of Key Arena).

But if you're not comfortable driving around an unfamiliar city, the paid parking lots will probably be worth it. There should be plenty in the Queen Anne neighborhood, near Key Arena.

I would call Key Arena and find out what time the will call window opens - in the "general discussion" tour thread, someone posted some Key Arena info, and was told by the office that the box office doesn't open until 6:00 pm on Sunday. So find out if will call is separate from the box office.

Hey everybody!

I wish I could join you at the fan gathering but I think due to GA tickets I'll be in line all day...
I have an extra GA ticket for Sunday night and I'm finally ready to bite the bullet and sell it, so if anyone is interested it's on the block...

As for Seattle transit, our Metro is pretty good. You can use the website to do trip planning from Address to address, then just print it out. I recommend the bus from the airport, it's about $2 and will take you right downtown, just go outside on the concourse and it's Transit Bays 1 and 2, I think 2 is the one you take going from the airport.

Oh and DANIELLE! I finally see the picture! LOL How cute is that! Awwww...
Also, I'm a total moron and lost your email addy again, so email me if you see this before you leave lol at duchessofnewyork@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Julie

Last edited:
Sorry for the late request, but would it still be possible for me to meet up you you folks on Saturday night? I wasn't planning on going to the show until yesterday, when I managed to score a pretty decent ticket. Thanks!

Ryan

ratguy said:
Sorry for the late request, but would it still be possible for me to meet up you you folks on Saturday night? I wasn't planning on going to the show until yesterday, when I managed to score a pretty decent ticket. Thanks!

Ryan

Ryan, u can show up an we'll try an find a spot for u, i can't change reservation or make guarantees tho.

address:

Buca di Beppo Seattle
701 9th Avenue North
Seattle WA 98109

reservation under me: Jesse party of 10 at 7 PM

Last edited:
have fun ppl..my thoughts are w you.

i hope jesse gets pulled up in seattle during miracle drug.

he's our miracle kid in the u2fanbase.

cheers,

db9

Ryan can take my spot at the table for dins tonight. Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it:sigh: Got hit yesterday with the stomach flu that's been going around and feel like crap and am going to just stay home tonight :reject: and recover so that I can at least be humanlike when I see the boys.

Have fun!!!!!!!! :wave:

Ciao

Back
Top Bottom