MERGED--> Hawaii rumor discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*checks school schedule*

No can do. My last semester and I gotta graduate. :(

Hawaii rumor alert!

I hope I put this in the right place... :uhoh:

I saw this on the front page of atu2.com

NEW @U2 ALOHA MEANS GOODBYE...
December 14, 2005
posted by: m2
File this under RUMOR for now, but by all accounts it seems true: The Vertigo Tour will come to an end in April when U2 plays Hawaii for the first time since 1985. We've had several emails in recent weeks from fans and sources saying they heard this from various members of U2's crew and staff, all the way up to the top. It's been discussed on radio in Hawaii. And it's most recently been mentioned by Carter Alan on WZLX radio in Boston, too.

RUMOR has it that the band continues to hold claims on several U.S. stadiums for shows next summer, but those dates will not be exercised ... Hawaii appears to be the end of the road.

If this becomes true I am so going there! :hyper:

TripThroughWire said:
So Japan, if it happens, would be very beginning of April !?

Japan's definitely happening, U2.com announced U2 are going there. I expect dates will be immediately after the Sydney show on 1 April. Give the band a few days to get the stage to Japan ... I'd say the shows will be around 7 April.

Thank you Axver. I also think so.
Probably concerts will be in Tokyo and Osaka only and the tickets would go on sale no later then end of january ?

Do you plan to go there !? :drool:

ok, i so want to go to one of the following shows: 1) Brazil, 2) Japan, or 3) Hawaii.

decisions, decisions... :hmm:

:wink:

MST-VISA%20Card%20Sign.jpg

Well, I'm sure they'll have it figured out after they finish touring New Zealand, Australia, and Japan. :lol:

Last edited:
so we got Mexico 2/12-2/16
then we got NZ/AUS 3/17 - 4/1

so there is a month between Mexico and New Zealand. I assume that South America will go here. However, they will need to book many more dates, cause the rumors showed March 2 in B.A. being the last show in South American. My guess is Japan was going to be in March sometime, but they decided to put it at the end of the tour, thus leaving room in March for more dates to be added in South America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom