advice on getting tix to Mexico and S. America.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

romi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
If any of you have experience from previous tours or bands, please let me know.

who usually sells the tickets? Do they take U.S. issued credit cards? Do the price get converted automatically into Pesos? Does the web site freeze up during the sales? Does Ticketmaster sell the Mexico tickets through its U.S. Website?

and any other suggestions.....

All I can say is thank god I just got an American Express card. In looking at the TM Mexico website, they seem to only accemt Banamex issued Credit Cards, other credit cards issued within Mexico and Amex...

:ohmy:

More info on the CC issue
i6i1s1.jpg

Also, YIKES!

I used the upcoming Pearl Jam show in Mexico City as an example.

$399.00 for a pair of floor tickets.

For this particular show, not sure if that is the case, you can only do Will Call. There are several centers you can go to pick them up, including a nice chain of stores called Liverpool 24 hours after purchase up until 24 hours BEFORE the show. After that, tickets would have to be picked up at the venue...

That show is Dec. 9th, so that may be why you can only do will call. Will keep looking :hmm:

Ack!

Ok, so you can do ticketfast...

Pair of floor tickets for the Rolling Stones $640.00

Miro.... can you translate the address fill-in section for me. Also, how do I register for an account so I do not have to enter the address and stuff in when I try to buy tix?

There doesnt seem to be a way to pre-enter this information, so you're just going to have to have it ready...

i6i7ax.jpg

ok... two more questions for the one with the magic belly.... since I have a non-Mexican address (on the left side of the form), to I leave the address on the right side of the form blank?

And, what if I don't know the name of the hotel I am staying in?

And, how do I dial the eight-digit Mexican phone number?

You need to use your billing statement address starting on the second field on the right hand column.
This is what mine would probably look like.

I would just enter (unknown) for the hotel and I will probably use my cell phone number for both phone fields (though myc ell number is indeed what is lodged with my CC company)

As far as dialing Mexico from the U.S. you need to dial

011-52 and I believe the code for Mexico city is 55

So 011-52-55-Phone would work I think.

This is probably close to what mine would look like. Except I wasn't really born in 1910 :sexywink:

i6iebt.jpg

I'm sure there's will call available, and prepare yourselves to pay a lot of money like Miroslava said for Pearl Jam and Rolling Stones prices are way more expensive than in the US or Europe they are usually more expensive in Monterrey but I get the feeling they won't come here which I really don't have a problem Monterrey crowds usually suck

U2Girl1978 said:
Yikes. Do you think U2's tix are going to be 400?? :(

the thing is we are not even sure if the whole GA thing will be available in Mexico, I'm quite certain that's one of the reasons U2 hasn't been able to cut a deal with the promoters, I've also read their a fierce competition of who is bringing them, but I've been told they want to implement reserved tickets, which will obviously give them more revenue.

Ex of best sections
Rolling Stones $3,000+ = $300 dollars
Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Lenny Kravitz, etc $1500+ = $150
Pearl Jam $1800= $180

and there's been a lot of other groups where the best seats are around $2500 or $250 dollars

So if U2 will be reserved tickets they will probably be around the same as The Rolling Stones or even a bit more, I have no idea what GA prices would be

Mofo said:

the thing is we are not even sure if the whole GA thing will be available in Mexico, I'm quite certain that's one of the reasons U2 hasn't been able to cut a deal with the promoters, I've also read their a fierce competition of who is bringing them, but I've been told they want to implement reserved tickets, which will obviously give them more revenue.

Ex of best sections
Rolling Stones $3,000+ = $300 dollars
Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Lenny Kravitz, etc $1500+ = $150
Pearl Jam $1800= $180

and there's been a lot of other groups where the best seats are around $2500 or $250 dollars

So if U2 will be reserved tickets they will probably be around the same as The Rolling Stones or even a bit more, I have no idea what GA prices would be

Well with those prices, one things for pretty certain, I don't think we have to worry about tickets selling out in 1 hour...

As it is, I was able to pull up some pretty awesome PJ and RS tickets from TM... those prices are just ridiculous!

Miroslava said:

Well with those prices, one things for pretty certain, I don't think we have to worry about tickets selling out in 1 hour...

As it is, I was able to pull up some pretty awesome PJ and RS tickets from TM... those prices are just ridiculous!

I wouldn't be to sure, we will probably have the same problems as Australia had with Ticketmaster and if there is a group who will probably sell out rather quickly it's U2 it really depends on publicity we had the occasional ad in the newspaper for Pearl Jam but we didn't had anything on the Rolling Stones in Monterrey

Pearl Jam is really not that popular in Mexico, it has a small fanbase compared to many other groups, as for Rolling Stones I tried getting tickets but the $3000 were too far for that particular price, so me and some friends will probably go and buy from scalpers

anyway when we get the officia information I will gladly help you all

Well, I am sure it will sell out, I just dont envision ALL ticket prices selling out in 1 hour. I would guess that the cheaper and mid-priced tickets will probably go rather quickly, but not these that cost hundreds... Ugh...

Miroslava said:
Well, I am sure it will sell out, I just dont envision ALL ticket prices selling out in 1 hour. I would guess that the cheaper and mid-priced tickets will probably go rather quickly, but not these that cost hundreds... Ugh...

Don't underestimate the power of U2 in Mexico :wink: believe me they are one of the few bands who have remain constantly popular in Mexico including Pop... besides scalpers are a huge problem in here...

:shrug:

As you probably know, I am 100% Mexican, so what I am saying is not a insult, underestimation or anything.

Eh, I guess we'll see. I don't know enough about the market. Time will tell.

I know this sound really weird, but...

a girlfriend of mine who has a friend who has a friend that works in the production company that'll bring U2 to chile, said to me that his friend told her that floor GA tickets will cost 21.000 pesos... that's like 35 dollars :|... :drool:

If that's true, maybe my dream of them having 2 concerts here CAN come true :hyper:

Miroslava said:
:shrug:

As you probably know, I am 100% Mexican, so what I am saying is not a insult, underestimation or anything.

Eh, I guess we'll see. I don't know enough about the market. Time will tell.

oh please I didn't took it as an insult or anything but we have to remember it's a 20+ million population, and back in Popmart they didn't have a problem filling the Foro Sol twice with at least 60,000 people per night and god know people from every freaking city in Mexico will go to that concert heck even if they do come to Monterrey which is where I live I'm, still planning to go to at least one night in Mexico City and I know a lot of people who are planning on doing that, still... we need an official date they are taking too long and it's making me nervous

pepokiss said:
I know this sound really weird, but...

a girlfriend of mine who has a friend who has a friend that works in the production company that'll bring U2 to chile, said to me that his friend told her that floor GA tickets will cost 21.000 pesos... that's like 35 dollars :|... :drool:

If that's true, maybe my dream of them having 2 concerts here CAN come true :hyper:

I really have my doubt on that..do you know the capacity of the floor? I guess it all depends of how many people they will try to get in

Back
Top Bottom