u2 have ruined the ending to "ONE" !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I found One to be one of the most unexciting songs at all three concerts I attended (though it was still great and would've probably been a highlight if done by any other band), though I actually like the new ending.

If I were to have my way, I think One should actually be kept only for special occasions. The song can have tremendous emotional power sometimes - watching the Live 8 performance on TV affected me much more than seeing it live from the front row at Boston II! Same goes for listening to the performance from Popmart Sarajevo. Imagine how much more powerful those performances would be if they were truly rare.

Yeah Axver, I have to agree with you with pretty much everything you said.

Of course that would never NEVER happen, considering One is u2's most popular songs, and widely considered their best. Imagine the choas the absense of One from the tour would cause! :huh: It would be even crazy then the Vertigox2 hatred that is running rampant in these forums

No, I don't agree at all. Neither are U2 playing a bad version of "One" nor they do so with "Bullet".
The Joshua Tree song is linked perfectly with "Sunday": Bono's performance as a blindfolded POW, a very subtle, new arranged and great The Edge solo plus the song's fitting snippets have a simply breathtaking and moving effect. And in the classic track order an awesome version of "Running" follows - played in a classic way. So these three songs are U2 classics - and they sound more relevant than ever these days: one of the strongest parts of the show - the "Political Part I".
"One" has a lengthy introduction ("Political Part II"), a new guitar intro by The Edge, you can clearly hear Bono's guitar - and they often play a new, kanon-like ending to this ballad. It is truly one of U2's best songs and so they play it ...

agreed about bullet, i wouldnt say it killed the crowd at all, more like the crowd just stood back and it kinda created a "wow" factor,

Back
Top Bottom