Heavy Handed Moderating - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Inside Broadcast
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 05:21 PM   #46
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:18 PM
I think I have been here long enough to say that the Mods do a GREAT JOB!!! And I personally THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO! You all deserve a thank you on all your hard work dealing with very unique individuals..

Old 03-11-2006, 09:12 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:18 PM
Great posts Indra and Mrs. Springsteen. I think you summed up what would be my points. I will add that I have problem with it when it turns to name calling. I dont mind debating or having different opinions or even arguing and/or sarcasm. But when someone resorts to calling me or anyone else some type of derogatory name they have crossed the line. Its against the board rules and its very disrespectful. Just because you are hiding behind a moniter you shouldnt feel like you can get away with that type of behavior. If most people did it to me in person, they would not get away with it. So if someone does that to me or anyone else here, its against the rules and I will be happy to use the report this post function and I have in the past.

I havent always agreed with everything Elvis or the mods have done here either. But overall, when you consider the hits this site has and number of members on this board, they do an excellent job. This is the best U2 board out there and thats why there are so many members and why it has lasted so long. If they were as arbitrary and ridiculous as some in this thread have made them out to be this board would have gone under years ago.

Old 03-12-2006, 01:00 AM   #48
Blue Crack Addict

Re: Heavy Handed Moderating

Quote:
Originally posted by Partyslammer

Frankly, the Interference forums are moving closer and closer to a very close-minded, overly sensitive bunch that borders on fascism.

If you could maybe post links to some examples of when Interference mods have imposed fascism, I'd appreciate that. I'm having a very difficult time even beginning to understand your point because all the bannings and thread closures I've experienced in the past year were right on point.

Oh, and another for Indra.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:31 PM   #49
Blue Crack Distributor

if interference was a facist, close minded, anti-free speech type of web page... would this thread even exist?

i'm so confused.
Old 03-12-2006, 05:17 PM   #50
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
if interference was a facist, close minded, anti-free speech type of web page... would this thread even exist?
Old 03-14-2006, 07:22 PM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
i think we all, myself included, sometimes take this place a wee bit too seriously.

it is, after all, just an internet message board.

So I shouldn't name my first-born child "Interference?????"

Crap.

Old 03-16-2006, 02:30 PM   #52
Blue Crack Addict

there are many times i disagree with things that the mods do. does it mean they do a bad job? no. sometimes i just personally would have done something differently, and i have no problem voicing my opinion to them in a diplomatic manner. accepting any type of leadership position, whether it's voluntary or not, brings accountability. as long as the questioning is done maturely, it shouldn't be a problem. this thread seems a little on the insulting side, though.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:33 AM   #53
The Fly

Local Time: 07:18 AM
It's difficult to comprehend there are people out there who can't appreciate the magnitude between a "right" and a "privilege" - Indra touches upon the fact that participation at interference is in actuality a privilige...graciously granted by Elvis.

Furthermore, people need to understand that in a community, any community, a gathering of people with different ideals and cultural mores, balance and homeostasis must be strived for, or else the general community must suffer. The very purpose of setting up interference.com is (I assume) to establish a thriving U2 flavored community, and quite obviously, any action/person responsible for negatively affecting the general balance of our community needs to be addressed.

It is not anybody's exclusive and god given right to exist or communicate here at intereference, and failure to understand these hallowed tenets will but naturally result in a warning/dismissal/suspension/outright ban (relative to the damage caused to the community balance)

these are extremely basic and elementary truisms that I have covered, it would do everybody well to gently recall them whenever posting/reading any said message. Learn to appreciate not only the overall benefit you obviously derive from this site, but also that it exists, and that it's very existance is a privilige that you have been granted.

The 'mods' here at interference, like all 'mods' in place in all aspects of society, do have a thankless job. Vastly different to 'mods' in the world outiside (cops, politicians, teachers et al), there is no finanical gain in this for them. Any 'power trip' you believe is in play, can easily be countered by avoiding this place. So logically where is the actual gain?

community.

we're all here naturally as an extention of our attraction to this community. it needs to be maintained, protected and harvested so that you, dear complainer, can continue to come here and feel comfortable enough to vent your frustrations. The poke in the eye, is that the more this community flourishes, the greater your comfort level in feeling secure in your position here at interference - obviously enough so that you feel comfortable in voicing out your example of an incident of injustice.

tch - the irony of it all.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:40 AM   #54
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:18 AM
That was very well written, mickey.
Old 03-18-2006, 11:12 AM   #55
Refugee

Local Time: 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip
...I would like to see more personal responsibility around here...

Mods
Old 04-24-2006, 11:32 AM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie

...Can I just add that I see no reason for threads being closed? Really, sometimes a lot of discussion is lost just because of hasty thread closing.

Old 04-24-2006, 12:04 PM   #57
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 07:18 PM
Sure, we'll just leave all the threads open so people can personally attack each other, disgrace the band, and then the forum can turn to shit.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:15 PM   #58
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy
...Can I just add that I see no reason for threads being closed? Really, sometimes a lot of discussion is lost just because of hasty thread closing.

The decision to close a thread isn't hasty. In fact, some thread closures are even discussed by the moderators before they happen. We do our best to be fair while trying to keep the forum running smoothly. For you to call our some of our actions hasty is insulting.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 04-24-2006, 03:10 PM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I apologize. I didn't mean it that way.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:09 PM   #60
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 07:18 PM
No worries.

I think I've left this thread open long enough. Oh GASP another closed thread..

If anyone else feels the need to complain about the moderators/moderation here you can direct your complaints to those mods specifically, myself, or Elvis.