A Message to Our Readers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dalkey posted an email address before he/she started the icognito bullshit, it was sweatpea14(??)@yahoo or something like that. Check the Rollins/Indie threads, there were a bunch of them.

Jeez, how could anyone have believed this, including me?

iacrobat said:

He makes $1 month on memberships, I give the guys who play the accordian on the Metro more than that every week. I don't have many expectations from them. What do you expect for $1 a month? It is not a business. I spen waaaayy too much time I here browsing the forums, I don't want to begin how many hours Elvis spends keeping it going. I have often wondered why he bothers doing it. I think it is outrageous that you expect more for $1!

I would imagine he points out that he is not making a profit because it is quite possibe that people are insinuating that he might be.

You and I don't pay anything at all, but lots of people do. Once he started accpeting money for services Interference became a business, profitable or not. And as the owner of a business he is accountable to those who use his services. And they are free to take their money elsewhere.

DaveC said:

I paid 20 god damned dollars that I worked for into Joel's pocket to be lied to.

I demand some answers to be accountable for MY cash that I sent to him. I paid for this service and it's my damn right to know what the hell is being done with MY money.

Good god, then please, oh please, ask for your money back and stop whining that the world is owed to you because of your 20 god damned dollars.

I think you are taking yourself a bit too seriously.

Well I have read everyone of these forums. I am one of those who did believe it was him until, thank god, someone was nice enough to open my eyes.

I paid my membership dues before all this happened. It didn't make a difference, I wanted to join.

However, the truth of the matter is YOU JUST HANDLED IT COMPLETLY WRONG. In doing this you also upset many people. I haven't been on long but seeing how many long-time members are angry and leaving makes me wonder what else has gone on here.

U2 is my muse in life and it is a shame that this has to go on and we can't just enjoy posting on this bored. It is a shame that nobody could voice their suspicions or their thread would be closed, so much for freedom of speech.

I just think you owe these people the real truth not some half-assed answer. Just come clean, you'll get much more respect and it is the only way this will truly go away.

Elvis said:

1) Right now we dont even have all of that in one document... this is more than a month long of various types of communications with various people, as well as forum posts. We are considering trying to put all of this information together, however all of us have been overly busy with dealing with this as its happened aside from trying to deal with our real lives and jobs at the same time.

Well then you'd better get it compiled.

2) There was no spike in prem. members in relation to 'the edge', and actually really none in membership either. Prem members range anywhere from 1-3 accounts per week, and sometimes as many as 7-10. These are usually a combination of yearly and or monthly memberships. This pattern hasnt changed because of all of this... infact, we've had some cancellations because of it. I have also sent a message to all Premium Members letting them know that I've added an additional two months to there membership for free.

Regardless, don't you feel some sort of sense of decency to at least offer them their money back if they signed up and paid 12 bucks for a hoax?

Oh yeah, I got that e-mail too. At least that was halfway decent, although it seems more like a stopgap measure to prevent you having to repay the cash rather than a real "thanks for your support".

3) No it was not a direct result. It was something that had been building and has been addressed in another thread.

Then why, as someone else said, are they so convinced that it is. Nobody except the mods know what truly went on, but right now Anna and Salome have a lot more credibility in the general public's eye than you do.

Elvis said:

3) No it was not a direct result. It was something that had been building and has been addressed in another thread.

link? If the answer is on another thread, I'd liek to read it, or point me in the direction.

iacrobat said:

Good god, then please, oh please, ask for your money back and stop whining that the world is owed to you because of your 20 god damned dollars.

I think you are taking yourself a bit too seriously.

How about paying some money for a service and then getting jacked? I'd like to see how you'd feel.

You have no right to tell me to calm down because you haven't paid one red penny to this site, so either way it's no skin off your back.

So piss off. :shame:

ThatGuy said:

You and I don't pay anything at all, but lots of people do. Once he started accpeting money for services Interference became a business, profitable or not. And as the owner of a business he is accountable to those who use his services. And they are free to take their money elsewhere.

Again, what do you expect for $1 a month. This is not Microsoft or Apple. The service is highly subsidized by his own time.

Perspective.

People can and will take their money elsewhere. Maybe they can see a movie with those 12 dollars. Probably enough for a bucket of popcorn in there too.

iacrobat said:

Again, what do you expect for $1 a month. This is not Microsoft or Apple. The service is highly subsidized by his own time.

Perspective.

People can and will take their money elsewhere. Maybe they can see a movie with those 12 dollars. Probably enough for a bucket of popcorn in there too.

If it were really just as simple as taking our money elsewhere, why do you think there hasn't been a mass exodus?

Yes, we certainly can take our money elsewhere, however the friendships that have been made here make that a bit difficult.

Elvis said:

In LS, 'interference magic couple'
ah, great thread yes
too bad you stopped posting in it as soon as our posting priviledges were restored
talking about a skewed impression on communication

back on topic though
as has been asked by a couple of people before:
what has changed during your holiday that you have changed your opinion?
maybe that might give us a clearer view on what happened

DaveC said:

How about paying some money for a service and then getting jacked? I'd like to see how you'd feel.

You have no right to tell me to calm down because you haven't paid one red penny to this site, so either way it's no skin off your back.

We've had barely any new Premium Memberships in the past month, compared to the month prior or that before it. Premium Memberships had nothing to do with 'the edge', and posting or replying with the edge, nor do the 'zine' or 'news' part of this site.

iacrobat said:

Perspective.

I'm not suggesting that Interference is a major corporation, but it is a business in that it provides a service in exchange for money.

Perspective: I might pay $1 for a doughnut, and I will assume that it's not filled with baby spiders. If it is, I'm going to hold the business I gave my money to responsible. It doesn't matter how much I spent.

Katey said:

yes I had direct contact with this Edge via e-mail and my fault in this is not being more vigilant on my end with getting proof from PM. I had believed yes that this was something this Edge was doing in his free time, given the evidence I and senior staff had

What was that evidence that you and "senior staff" had?

DaveC said:

Yeah, as if I have never experienced bad service before. Would you believe I have. Why just the other day I paid much more than had to for turkey breasts. But whining and bitching about as if the sky is falling never got me anywhere, so I decided to let it go.

I'll chose my battles thanks, and when I do chose to fight I'll remember, "well, they are just turkey breasts and its only 3 euros", so then I won't get too worked up about it.

Like I said, you have no right to bitch and moan about us being pissed off because you haven't contributed even a penny to this website. Until you spend your hard-earned cash here, go away and don't tell me how to feel.

That's your choice iacrobat...

This just happens to be a battle that some people here think is worth fighting. They choose this one.

Your tirades against them will not change that.

ThatGuy said:

I'm not suggesting that Interference is a major corporation, but it is a business in that it provides a service in exchange for money.

Perspective: I might pay $1 for a doughnut, and I will assume that it's not filled with baby spiders. If it is, I'm going to hold the business I gave my money to responsible. It doesn't matter how much I spent.

Would you demand to see their kitchen and their cooking process?

Also remember, you would have paid full value on that donut, Mr. Dunkin would have made a profit.

BTW, I would be much more upset about the spiders than this whole Edge ordeal.

I know this has been addressed already but the thing that has bothered me the most about this whole fiasco is the terrible way that angie (and salome by virtue of being her good friend) were treated for bringing up legitimate concerns about the validity of this supposed edge.

I would argue that it is very relevant to the matter being discussed in this thread. If you had listened to angie in the first place instead of trying to shut her up you could have nipped this in the bud before it got out of hand.

You claim that their banning was not a direct result of this situation and had been building up over a long period of time but forgive me if I don't believe you. The timing is just too perfect.

iacrobat said:

Would you demand to see their kitchen and their cooking process?

I'm sure it would be an issue, yes. Wouldn't you want to know why your doughnut was filled with baby spiders? Or would you just shrug and say, oh well?

We're getting way, way off topic here, though. If you really want to discuss this further let's do it in e-mail. My address is in my journal.

Calluna said:
I know this has been addressed already but the thing that has bothered me the most about this whole fiasco is the terrible way that angie (and salome by virtue of being her good friend) were treated for bringing up legitimate concerns about the validity of this supposed edge.

I would argue that it is very relevant to the matter being discussed in this thread. If you had listened to angie in the first place instead of trying to shut her up you could have nipped this in the bud before it got out of hand.

You claim that their banning was not a direct result of this situation and had been building up over a long period of time but forgive me if I don't believe you. The timing is just too perfect.

I agree with your assessment Calluna. It is all too convenient, particularly given Salome's insistence in later threads.

Tirades! I'm honoured! I thought I was just offering some perspective.

Come off it DaveC, it is not as if I don't understand how you feel.

Boy, $20 Canadian buys you a lot more than I thought it did.

iacrobat said:
Tirades! I'm honoured! I thought I was just offering some perspective.

Come off it DaveC, it is not as if I don't understand how you feel.

Boy, $20 Canadian buys you a lot more than I thought it did.

iacrobat, can you please drop it? DaveC is entitled to his opinion. You've stated yours.

thanks

Elvis said:

We've had barely any new Premium Memberships in the past month, compared to the month prior or that before it. Premium Memberships had nothing to do with 'the edge', and posting or replying with the edge, nor do the 'zine' or 'news' part of this site.

Obviously you have not read my 'Zoo confessional' Elvis, I have stated, clear as day that seeing the Edge post was the very thing that made me finally, after two years, decide to become a premium member.

Mate, when are you ever going to grow up........you just dont treat people like this, you really have toyed with peoples emotions and love for an immense and wonderful band, and you still just dont get it or appear to take any genuine responsibility.....sorry to get personal here, but is your heart black? I could never in a million years treat people like this and yet you seem to think that the steps that you have done to rectify this are OK, well they are not...............me now thinks, that @U2 may become the biggest un-official forum for now. How could anyone stay here, when all of this has settled down, how could anyone take anything that you or your team says seriously, how could people trust you again and then pay for it????

sorry but I cant, and I am still yet to have ANY e-mail from you in regards to the return of my $20 bucks.....I definately dont want to be donating any money towards the Joel Tanner slush fund:mad:

youtwohearts said:
Excuse me iacrobat...why are you jumping all over these people? Are you the clever decoy brought in to take the heat off the real issue and problem?

Yes. Yes I am.

Really now, I have been reading through the Edge related posts since yesterday while flabbergasted at the attitude at some people. When I read that Thatguy actually expected Elvis to put aside his vacation for this, I burst out laughing and felt compelled to say something.

Ironically, I am now guilty of breaking my own rule.

Edited to add:

No thanks Thatguy, I don't want to talk about it any more.

Last edited:
OzAurora said:

sorry but I cant, and I am still yet to have ANY e-mail from you in regards to the return of my $20 bucks.....I definately dont want to be donating any money towards the Joel Tanner slush fund:mad:

I just got home yesterday and am just going through my mail... I've gotten one check from Australia for $20, and a note with a bear on it... would this be yours? If so, I'll destroy it as or send it back as requested. Please let me know.

Joel

youtwohearts said:
Well I have read everyone of these forums. I am one of those who did believe it was him until, thank god, someone was nice enough to open my eyes.

I paid my membership dues before all this happened. It didn't make a difference, I wanted to join.

However, the truth of the matter is YOU JUST HANDLED IT COMPLETLY WRONG. In doing this you also upset many people. I haven't been on long but seeing how many long-time members are angry and leaving makes me wonder what else has gone on here.

U2 is my muse in life and it is a shame that this has to go on and we can't just enjoy posting on this bored. It is a shame that nobody could voice their suspicions or their thread would be closed, so much for freedom of speech.

I just think you owe these people the real truth not some half-assed answer. Just come clean, you'll get much more respect and it is the only way this will truly go away.

The fact that mods kept saying everyone's credibility and the site itself was on the line, why would they make it up is even more pathetic....

About Katey and the phone thing...

Katey was gracious enough to agree to do me a favour which had nothing to do with interference or this topic but DID have to do with communication directly with Edge for other purposes.

As a matter of my own due diligence, I wanted to confirm that she had DIRECT contact with Edge and asked if she herself had spoken to him on the phone. The clear as day answer was yes. Otherwise, I would not have asked for this particular favour.

That question and answer was in no way related to cell phones which came up later in the convo. Perhaps she misunderstood me, but I understand EXACTLY what is going on here.

Elvis said:

I just got home yesterday and am just going through my mail... I've gotten one check from Australia for $20, and a note with a bear on it... would this be yours? If so, I'll destroy it as or send it back as requested. Please let me know.

Joel

That would be from me,
You can send it back to me, its not a cheque, but an international money order, my address is on the back of the envelope or if you dont have it anymore, you can e-mail me for it

vanessabh77@bigpond.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom