Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Inside Broadcast
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 10:03 PM   #616
Creator of the Blue Crack

Local Time: 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by moon_is_playing_tricks

Wait a minute... you just said that was private, period. So am I to believe that what you just posted on this board about the two previous moderators being suicidal was originally private? Why did you post that, then, if it's nobody's business?

Personally? Using something as obviously private as suicide as an example of what is private and what isn't was in poor taste. Just MHO.

Moonie

Did I say who?

I also used this an example to prove a point, which I believe you just proved for me.

FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:06 PM   #617

Quote:
Originally posted by Renne

You said you considered full disclosure. A, B and C didn't just suddenly appear after you considered full disclosure.
I did not say I considered 'full disclosure', I apologize for not being more clear. I had publicly said I had considered putting together some sort of 'document', I believe.

FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:08 PM   #618

Quote:
Originally posted by biff
So, my questions for the last several weeks were, "if you indeed believed you were dealing with the Edge, what proofs did you require, and what proofs did you receive?"
Thank you, Elvis, for giving me an answer to one of those questions! Clearly, anyone would be convinced they were dealing with the genuine article once they had been provided with a link to that obviously very classy "Club Vertigo". Bono HAD to have been referencing that place in his lyrics, no?
I did not say thats what proof was based on. I said that was something that was mentioned.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:11 PM   #619
War Child

Local Time: 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis
I did not say I considered 'full disclosure', I apologize for not being more clear. I had publicly said I had considered putting together some sort of 'document', I believe.
Ah. Since it was attached to the paragraph about full disclosure, I assumed that was what you were talking about.

It was an fair assumption for me to make really, seeing as you never actually mentioned in that comment about putting together a document.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:19 PM   #620

Quote:

Ah. Since it was attached to the paragraph about full disclosure, I assumed that was what you were talking about.

It was an fair assumption for me to make really, seeing as you never actually mentioned in that comment about putting together a document.

Yep.. my fault for anyone misunderstanding that comment.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:36 PM   #621
War Child

Local Time: 07:54 PM
Quote:
Yep.. my fault for anyone misunderstanding that comment.
Now we've got that sorted out...

I was wondering if you'd answer why you won't post all the new information you "haven't mentioned publicly before"? Because just posting dribs and drabs of new information isn't going to make the unhappy members here happy again.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:45 PM   #622

Quote:

Now we've got that sorted out...

I was wondering if you'd answer why you won't post all the new information you "haven't mentioned publicly before"? Because just posting dribs and drabs of new information isn't going to make the unhappy members here happy again.

As I've stated I'm unsure about any facts about this 'situation' presently... in regards to who it actually is.... I'm keeping the clues, logs, etc private as I'm still trying to put the puzzle together. Since I dont know who is behind this, I'd rather not post such things and alert them, causing their behavior to change, or anyone else for that matter, as to what type of information I collect, store, and compare. It is this information collection scheme that I/we use to find alters, banned members who try to sneak back, etc. I'm not about to pull back the curtain for everyone to see what my bag of tricks produces

Edit: Just to let you know, a large portion of this information is only viewable by myself. mods/admins must request that I research a member or members in regards to most any databeyond member profiles and ips. - if anyone was curious.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:04 PM   #623
you are what you is

Local Time: 10:54 AM
before adding more new information (and I use this term lightly, I was taught that information is data that gives further inside into a topic, otherwise it's just data) could you please just try to sort of slightly refer to what maybe in some way or other could have perhaps indicated to you that this person was indeed The Edge?

and that all the people who told you it wasn't from day one were basically wrong because of all this proof you had that it was indeed The Edge?

because I'm really not able to deal with all this exciting new data and at the same remember that so far answers over here are as hard to come by as wmd's in Iraq

it's not that I don't appreciate your yoda like aproach to posting
but there will be some answers one way or the other
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 10-20-2004, 11:19 PM   #624

Quote:
Originally posted by Salome
before adding more new information (and I use this term lightly, I was taught that information is data that gives further inside into a topic, otherwise it's just data) could you please just try to sort of slightly refer to what maybe in some way or other could have perhaps indicated to you that this person was indeed The Edge?

and that all the people who told you it wasn't from day one were basically wrong because of all this proof you had that it was indeed The Edge?

because I'm really not able to deal with all this exciting new data and at the same remember that so far answers over here are as hard to come by as wmd's in Iraq

1) I wasnt the one to establish that, and conversations arent mine to share publicly. This refers again to (c) of my earlier post.

2) 'all the people' still do not KNOW WHO the poster is or is not. If you can provide some validation otherwise, I'd love to see it.

3) I think that's quite a stretch... comparing a fake Edge to WMD's in Iraq.

And by the way.. Yoda rocks. My guess, you're a C3-PO fan.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:25 PM   #625
Refugee

Local Time: 04:54 AM
Why would you be discussing suicidal mods with the Edge?
Old 10-20-2004, 11:44 PM   #626
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 03:54 AM
Quote:

1) I wasnt the one to establish that, and conversations arent mine to share publicly. This refers again to (c) of my earlier post.

2) 'all the people' still do not KNOW WHO the poster is or is not. If you can provide some validation otherwise, I'd love to see it.
So who did establish that it was the Edge? And if all the people still do not know who the poster is, how on Earth was it established in the first place?? Especially to such a degree that you and Katey stated several times that this was the real deal (Katey even staking her credibility on it) and largely ignored statements and facts that suggested otherwise?

What evidence was presented to you by this other party that lead you to ignore the (seemingly more plentiful) evidence from the skeptical parties for so long? And really, the micro-managing line doesn't work. You were more visible when "The Edge" was posting than at any other time in this forum's existence. Hell, you replied or posted after almost every one of his/her posts. So what was this person's evidence that so compelled you to give Official status and announce that this was really the Edge? They must've really sold you on it. Or did you just simply take their word on it?

Staff Member X: "Hey Elvis, this guy's the Edge! No, really he is!"

Elvis: "Okey-dokey, if you say so..."

Old 10-20-2004, 11:52 PM   #627
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Diemen

Staff Member X: "Hey Elvis, this guy's the Edge! No, really he is!"

Elvis: "Okey-dokey, if you say so..."

Just wondering....

If Elvis quoted exactly what I have quoted above and posted the following reply:

Yes. That is EXACTLY what happened.

Would you believe it and be happy/satisfied?

Just wondering.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:54 PM   #628
Jesus Online

Local Time: 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MadelynIris
Why would you be discussing suicidal mods with the Edge?
apparently it is ok as long as you dont mention names, or give the names of those people later when you publically admit to 22,000 people that you 'wont reveal the names'?.....

elvis you need a lesson in minding your own business.

and for what it's worth, i am not referring to ethan. i am referring to a usergroup which has one member in it. a member who has never posted. a member since 2002. a member with a rather strange remote IP like dalkey's.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:55 PM   #629
you are what you is

Local Time: 10:54 AM
Quote:

3) I think that's quite a stretch... comparing a fake Edge to WMD's in Iraq.

And by the way.. Yoda rocks. My guess, you're a C3-PO fan.
1. you weren't the one to establish what exactly?
+ am I correct in understanding that you can't share the proof an imposter who apparently deceived you and your entire staff mailed/pm'd you that would show all of us how it was possible for you to be deceived because of privacy reasons re. the fake information the imposter gave you?
because that would make no sense at all
I don't think anyone is interested in any other titbits the two of you shared (I don't have a strange obsession with reading two random people's private conversations) so I don't really need to see transcripts of conversations, just the most important and relevant facts
you know, the stuff we've been whining about the last couple of weeks

2. I don't even want to KNOW WHO the poster is
as far as I'm concerned it's your cousin or indeed Edge's cousin
I am just interested in what made YOU give him an OFFICIAL band status and why YOU REPEATEDLY posted that he was indeed THE EDGE

3. I am not comparing a fake Edge to WMD's in Iraq
I am comparing our attempts to get you to share anything on what made you reach your decision that this was indeed The Edge to the fruitless attempts to find WMD's in Iraq

at least I didn't compare my sudden departure from the mod team as a pre-emptive strike from your side
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 10-21-2004, 12:23 AM   #630
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by indra

Just wondering....

If Elvis quoted exactly what I have quoted above and posted the following reply:

Yes. That is EXACTLY what happened.

Would you believe it and be happy/satisfied?

Just wondering.
Despite my ever decreasing esteem for Elvis, I still don't think he is that stupid to take someone's word on THE EDGE posting here without any evidence.

If that in fact is really what happened, then Elvis is incredibly stupid.

But that's not what happened.