Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Inside Broadcast
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 01:47 PM   #406
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Rob
WAIT IM CONFUSED DOES TEH EDGE LIEK DIME BARZ OR NOT?!?!?! PLZ ANSWR SOON!!!1!

I'm gonna go have a Dime Bar now.
Don't go there. What exactly am I supposed to do with the case of 100 dime bars that I bought to take on tour with me.

j/k

Old 10-17-2004, 02:09 PM   #407
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Rob

But seriously, folks. Those tired of the "dead horse" can easily leave. There are thousands of other threads; go knock yourself out somewhere else. This thread is here to discuss what happened (until Joel closes it, naturally). Either deal with people debating and making their points or piss off.

First, I'm a member here, the same as you, and I will say whatever I want here. If YOU don't like it, perhaps YOU should piss off. I'm am discussing the same issue, I just have a different viewpoint. So get the hell off your high horse.

Old 10-17-2004, 02:15 PM   #408
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by ramblin rose

Don't go there. What exactly am I supposed to do with the case of 100 dime bars that I bought to take on tour with me.

j/k
Are you going through Chicago, by any chance?
Old 10-17-2004, 02:20 PM   #409
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by indra

Are you going through Chicago, by any chance?
Do you think Edge is going to wonder why everyone is handing him Dime Bars.
Old 10-17-2004, 02:22 PM   #410
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by mkjc

Whoa!!! I almost wrote an angry pm to "The Edge" regarding his "terrorist" comment too. I used to work across the street from WTC so I thought it was a pretty stupid thing to say to a guy who just made an observation about a song.

Your comment is very sound and I agree with it almost word for word. Seeing as how you're from OH, without saying who I am voting for, I sure hope we also agree on who we want as the next president.
Oh yeah, it was such a stupid, irritating comment (as were many by other posters praising it ), and I blasted out a reply...and the damned thread was locked! Agggrrrhh! I don't give a crap if I'm lied to here, but I hate it when a thread is locked as I'm writing a reply!!! OK, I feel better now.

I also hope we agree on the next pres, too!
Old 10-17-2004, 02:26 PM   #411
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by ramblin rose

Do you think Edge is going to wonder why everyone is handing him Dime Bars.
Probably! Hey, just be glad "he" didn't say his favorite candy/snack was hashish brownies! Can you imagine everyone trying to smuggle those into the venues?
Old 10-17-2004, 02:29 PM   #412
Babyface

Local Time: 09:29 AM
Quote:

First, I'm a member here, the same as you, and I will say whatever I want here. If YOU don't like it, perhaps YOU should piss off. I'm am discussing the same issue, I just have a different viewpoint. So get the hell off your high horse.
As far as I can tell, your viewpoint is simply that you want this thread to die, or to be used for something other than what it was established for.

Who are you to decide when people should drop this issue? People still seem to have things to say. This is not yet completely swept under the rug. Give it time, though; I'm sure you'll have your wish soon enough.

If you don't want to be exposed to it, though, nobody is making you visit this thread, OR post to it, for that matter.
Old 10-17-2004, 04:06 PM   #413
She's the One

Local Time: 01:29 AM
I don't even know what a dime bar is.
Old 10-17-2004, 04:15 PM   #414
Refugee

Quote:

Oh yeah, it was such a stupid, irritating comment (as were many by other posters praising it ), and I blasted out a reply...and the damned thread was locked! Agggrrrhh! I don't give a crap if I'm lied to here, but I hate it when a thread is locked as I'm writing a reply!!! OK, I feel better now.

I also hope we agree on the next pres, too!
I still don't see whats wrong with the terrorist comment, maybe its because I'm Canadian? (remember, the Irish have a different perspective on Terrorism because its existed in their country for decades). Anyways you see why if it really was Edge, why theyd make it look like a hoax, because a lot of people started turning on him
Old 10-17-2004, 05:23 PM   #415
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bcrt2000

I still don't see whats wrong with the terrorist comment, maybe its because I'm Canadian? (remember, the Irish have a different perspective on Terrorism because its existed in their country for decades). Anyways you see why if it really was Edge, why theyd make it look like a hoax, because a lot of people started turning on him
I don't hate Jick but the terrorist commentary wasn’t so bad. He was not saying the guy was an actual terrorist. I agreed with what he said. You got to understand that if you don't know Jick and you just started posting here, you do get the feeling that that man is just here to bash on U2 as he most of the times doesn't seem to have absolutely NOTHING of good to say about U2, much on the contray actually.

Elvis still hasn’t answered my question.
Old 10-17-2004, 05:26 PM   #416
Refugee

by the way, anyone noticed how the so-called "Edge" mentioned that they are going back to their punk-rock roots, and now after listening to ABOY & the new version of Desire, and seeing the new attire (ie straw hat) that they really are trying to recreate the punk-rock image? also him mentioning electric co and exit were being rehearsed.. i think there are too many coincidences for it NOT to be the real Edge or someone else close to the band
Old 10-17-2004, 05:30 PM   #417
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

He did say that they were rehearsing Teh Electrioc CO. but I don't think he said they were rehearsing Exit, or did he?
Old 10-17-2004, 05:33 PM   #418
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by TheBrazilianFly
He did say that they were rehearsing Teh Electrioc CO. but I don't think he said they were rehearsing Exit, or did he?
he mentioned it in the tentative set list
Old 10-17-2004, 05:36 PM   #419
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by bcrt2000

he mentioned it in the tentative set list
But I think that was a joke from the poster. We can't really take that list serious. It was however a great list and if you pay attention to the way the songs are put together, it seems like a very professional set list.
Old 10-17-2004, 05:40 PM   #420
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by martha
I don't even know what a dime bar is.
it's some candy that I think is supposed to be sold in Ireland. I hadn't heard of it either so I looked online at the few Irish stores in town that I go to. They sell everything else Irish including tons of candy and other foods but they don't sell dime bars

I think I found them on google but I dont' remember what they said they are