A Message to Our Readers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
By the way, what has happened to the ad of the African Well Fund? Did the organizers of the African Well Fund take it off, or did the time run out, or did you take it off? Was that ad paid, or did you run it for free?

Well, oktobergirl was going to ask Elvis at the convention if he could put the AWF banner back up again... but he didn't show up.

I don't know the particulars behind why it was taken down in the first place, if it was a paid banner, or if it was free. I'll have to ask her.

Moonie

ThatGuy said:

Oh my, that was bad. I'm actually embarrassed for the perpetrators now. :eek: I am convinced now even more that there was more than one person acting the role of the faker (and it wasn't a 13 year old girl) Sorry to step back in. Good work ThatGuy.

gabrielvox said:
I cant believe that in a moment of sheer idiocy I actually PM'd this individual with my life 'u2 story' - and then the next day apologized for the lengthly message. How utterly embarrassing and demeaning.

THAT is what got me so upset over all this. We all did stuff like that:(

Last edited:
paxetaurora said:
whenhiphop..., re: the site design...

See my comment in the DES thread.

Other than that, let's keep THIS thread on topic too.

No offense there, pax, but everyone has been waiting for the great document Elvis thought of preparing. But he backed off.

Obviously, the topic of "how" this site is run, includes a lot of side dishes. Some of the side dishes deal with questions about finances. Others deal with ethic values. Some deal with the removal of mods. Others deal with the ads.

For example, Elvis gets a bonus on my ethic map if I know the ad for the Well Fund was run for free, without charging, for "charity" reasons. It would be the right thing to do.

moon_is_playing_tricks said:

Well, oktobergirl was going to ask Elvis at the convention if he could put the AWF banner back up again... but he didn't show up.

I don't know the particulars behind why it was taken down in the first place, if it was a paid banner, or if it was free. I'll have to ask her.

Moonie

Please ask her. I am interested.

AussieU2fanman said:
Put this whole incident on a much larger scale, think of all the believers in Christianity.............

I suppose this will be interpreted as a "personal attack" but that's not really necessary, is it?

Is someone here holding themselves out to be God or Jesus like?

We've seen your views of Christianity all over this forum but did you really have to get this dig in too?

Trust me, my belief in God has no analogy to what I might think about this place or this situation..

AussieU2fanman said:
Put this whole incident on a much larger scale, think of all the believers in Christianity.............

Let's not, okay? You've already exhausted this topic in FYM.

MrsSpringsteen said:

I suppose this will be interpreted as a "personal attack" but that's not really necessary, is it?

Is someone here holding themselves out to be God or Jesus like?

We've seen your views of Christianity all over this forum but did you really have to get this dig in too?

Trust me, my belief in God has no analogy to what I might think about this place or this situation..

I'm sure many people had 100% faith that is was in fact Edge from U2, just like Jesus was in fact God. :wink:
Whoops, I shouldn't tread into this territoriy :ohmy:
ON TOPIC! (sorry, my fault as usual :wink:)

Last edited:
AussieU2fanman said:

I'm sure many people had 100% faith that is was in fact Edge from U2, just like Jesus was in fact God. :wink:
Whoops, I shouldn't tread into this territoriy :ohmy:
ON TOPIC!

If you were really worried about keeping this thread on topic you wouldn't have done what you did. This thread is heated enough without that kind of bs. Let's drop it.

Ok people, let's stop demanding that Elvis present all the evidence in chronological order and his reasoning behind concluding the authenticity of his claims. He won't do it no matter how much you ask him. Why? Because I know, you know and he knows that it is all bullshit! He knew right off the bat it wasn't the Edge\interviews from U2. He is very transparent and anyone with half a brain could figure out what's going on. The ambiguity\irrelevance\avoidance of his justifications is enough for a logical conclusion on the matter! What do you want him to do? He's not going to ADMIT the truth, that would be ridiculous and completely stupid for anyone to do so in his circumstance. He just miscalculated this stunt (in this case, overshooting the landing by at least 3 miles!). He is trying to pick up any last inch of credibility he can find, and he's doing an okay job considering the situation. I couldn't have done much better if I was in his situation which he brought upon himself. But I wouldn't have attempted this stunt in the first place, it was wayyyy too dangerous Elvis, you could have attained funds\popularity via other means.

Last edited:
AussieU2fanman said:
But I wouldn't have attempted this stunt in the first place, it was wayyyy too dangerous Elvis, you could have attained funds\popularity via other means.

e.g. serious quality work like a lot of other U2 sites out there actually do?

I'm at work, cant really spend time posting, but I just wanted to address the African Well Fund ad... originally we were going to run it for free for only one month, then it was going to be removed. I saw how many people were clicking on it, and thought it'd be nice just to leave it up longer... It was up for several months, and again.. yes I ran it for FREE. I only took it down for the album banner, and if/when I get around to finishing the new site, it's going to have a permanent spot for charity type banners/ads.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to address something that has very little to do with the topic of this thread. If you're not going to address the real issues at this time can you at least tell us if/when you will?

Hi guys, I want wanted to answer hip hop's question.

The banner for AWF was not paid for in any form. We are a non profit and don't have the funds for paid advertising.

Interference posted the banner for us at our request several months back and left it up. I'm happy to hear that it may come back up in the near future.

As you know, many interferencers are a huge part of the AWF's success.

Thanks!

Oktobergirl (julie)

Elvis said:
I'm at work, cant really spend time posting, but I just wanted to address the African Well Fund ad... originally we were going to run it for free for only one month, then it was going to be removed. I saw how many people were clicking on it, and thought it'd be nice just to leave it up longer... It was up for several months, and again.. yes I ran it for FREE. I only took it down for the album banner, and if/when I get around to finishing the new site, it's going to have a permanent spot for charity type banners/ads.

Good. Here you go, you got your bonus point on my ethic map. Have a teddy
puppy.gif

maybe you could use it for your great dance fest with chickens and such

ThatGuy said:
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to address something that has very little to do with the topic of this thread. If you're not going to address the real issues at this time can you at least tell us if/when you will?

*chirp chirp chirp*

[/crickets]

I hadn't noticed that the "Message to Our Readers" was removed from the Anncouncement part of every page. Wow. What a wimpy thing to do.

Elvis said:

Again, Elvis proves that the only time he will post is when the question posed has any easy answer. All of the tough questions remain unanswered and will remain so.

I will still continue to view this thread and post occasionally...I hope it never dies and Elvis is constantly reminded of his "mistakes".

I guess openness and honesty was just too much to ask for. :shrug:

Not to sound too much like another poster here, but I'm sure U2 would really approve of the way this whole affair was handled. :up:

Not that they ever actually visit here.

i hope u2 didnt read this while this crap was going down. actually, i hope they never read this forum at all.

I thought it was weird that Edge would be doing an interview with interference.

If Edge wanted to do an interview with a website they would just use:

www.u2.com

And any other interview would be best to magazines to get other non fans on board.

Holy shit. Are all the angry people serious? The staff thought they posted a real interview, it turned out to be an Edge impostor, the staff figured it out and withdrew the interview, and you're all genuinely angry? Was that a CBS scandal comparison I saw? You all realize this is a fan site for a music band, right? That maybe, oh I don't know, it's No Big Deal and Move on With Your Lives?

A few other people have addressed this, and I'd just like to lend my Babyface-ish weight to it: do NOT let this issue die.

As has been said many times now, stuff like this ("Edge's" posts, the interview, etc.) is kind of getting to be an unfortunate normalcy here. And it all eventually gets swept under the rug, people forget/are uninformed, and then everyone gets fooled again.

If this is let go, Elvis will have once more been shown that outside of small amounts of unpleasantness, he can do/allow shit like this and get away with it. And then it's just a matter of time before it happens again.

I'm not saying that this specific thread should continue on into eternity. I'm not saying that this fiasco should be brought up in every forum every time you talk to Elvis. But no one should forget, and no one should let him forget either.

I haven't been to Interference in ages. No reason, really. Just been busy in other areas of the internet.

I just read this entire thread. In one sitting.

::lays down, dies::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom