A Message to Our Readers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
of course this place is unimportant
I'm not losing any sleep over it

but since we all fans of a band that stands for truth and justice
and karma and umm stuff
I'm sure you will all agree that where ever the streets up to truth will take us it is a journey worh our effort and dedication

Amen!!!

You know Indra, I am not one to stick my nose in the middle of arguments but your comments are really starting to grate, not just on me but quite a few people here. Think what you want about this being a message board, but leave the attacks on Salome and others who come to his defence out of this.

I have been posting on this board for three years now and am quite certain that Salome is NOT a power tripper! He has a dry, deadpan sense of humour that sometimes comes across as blunt as Angie says, but he is one of the most even keeled and fair people on here. A harrasser? NEVER! He was treated in an atrocious manner and has every reason to question as much as he wants until he gets satisfactory answers.

This FUCKING message board as you so elegantly put it has brought me two of my best friends in the entire world as well as my future husband. It means a lot to people who have invested not just money but hours and hours of their lives on here. This is much more than just a board or a business transaction for some of us, it's literally a family, and this is the kind of feud and high level of emotions that families have. You are belittling that.

So if the Board means so little to you, and if people's comments are so unacceptable to you personally, why not do us all a favour and leave this thread to the people who really care about this place!!!

starsgoblue said:
Have any of you posting here ever made a mistake in your life? Perhaps one that definetly was from bad judgement or a poor choice? Did you want to have your nose continuiously rubbed in it and be constantly reminded of it day in and day out? I think we have all been there, and I think we all know that feeling. This is a chance to excercise some mercy and grace....

We can argue all day and night about hurt feelings and betrayed trust--where is that going to get you...do we really need 30 more pages of this? We need to strive towards a sense of forgiveness and reconciliation if we are ever going to have a chance of community. This world has enough ugliness and bitter hearts, let's please let Interference be a safe haven for a little bit of happiness...please I'm really asking each and everyone of you personally to take a step back here for a moment.

I am not a perfect person, not by a long shot but then again, neither are any of you...I wouldn't have been the person I am today though unless I was afforded the chance to be able to make mistakes because it was only through mistakes that I was able to learn how to make things right. I couldn't have done it though unless I knew it was ok to fail, that I would still be allowed to get up and not have my errors held over me forever...

Can we please find some way that we can move on from this together as a community in the spirit of love rather than as a group of individuals throwing rocks at each other from behind boundary lines?

I am PLEADING with you guys....:sad:

Well, those are all nice thoughts starsgoblue and I applaud you for them, but maybe some people don't feel it's so safe or happy anymore, and they can't just do that so easily. I didn't see anyone here say they are perfect. I am far from it. Humility is very, very important to me.

Honestly I never really did have that high ideal about this place, so it's not some big heartbreak or something for me..but yep, the band we are all here for does stand for truth and decency for me, and other high ideals. Those things are far more important to me than a msg board, like other people have said here already.

gee I hope no one will attack me for saying this :huh:

Elvis said:
Kate has brought an incredible professional experience and personality to our team.

I strongly disagree. She writes poorly, her capitalization, spelling and grammar are most often that of a 9 year old. Her personality has ranged from arrogant, obnoxious gloating to self righteous preaching. Besides that, she either completely faked Edge and tried to fool us (which I believe) or was completely fooled by a teenage girl from Chicago (which I don't believe but if it were true she wasn't being very 'professional.' ) There is no way in the universe Katey isn't at least 50% or more to blame for this entire thing. All along she was in charge and her posts constantly reminded us of that. She's not innocent at all. I will commend her for apologizing to us though, and for not hiding during the turmoil as most did (though she did act up quite childishly under an alter) :| And don't bother to try to say you checked the IP and it wasn't her, I won't believe it. (like I don't believe in fake Edge)

Last edited:
EPandAmerica said:

This is the hard part to swallow. I mean come on, if people smelled a rat weeks ago, and let it be known. Then how could the staff been taken for a ride? I think they were driving the damn car. :| :| :| :|

I agree :up: :| If the members could tell, why couldn't the 'staff' who have access to things we don't give me a freaking break, sorry. I do believe this was a premediated setup and fake job from the start. I do not believe there was any malicious intent, or that anyone intended for people to be hurt. But that did happen, and it's not cool. It's not nice to trick people and have them spill out their emotions to something that wasn't real. Those responsible had to consider from the start that it might not fly and not be surprised by the backlash. We U2 fans have a lot of feeling for this band and it wasn't nice to mess with our hearts and minds. And that's the last I'm going to say on this.:|

Last edited:
MrsSpringsteen said:
Well, those are all nice thoughts starsgoblue and I applaud you for them, but maybe some people don't feel it's so safe or happy anymore, and they can't just do that so easily. I didn't see anyone here say they are perfect. I am far from it. Humility is very, very important to me.

Honestly I never really did have that high ideal about this place, so it's not some big heartbreak or something for me..but yep, the band we are all here for does stand for truth and decency for me, and other high ideals. Those things are far more important to me than a msg board, like other people have said here already.

gee I hope no one will attack me for saying this :huh:

I'm not the wimpy naive person you'd have me sound. And I never said anyone here was claiming perfection, either.

My "ideal" really isn't that high....but if we can't get along here how are we going to get along "out there". Yes, it's a message board but there is still humanity in message boards...I don't think that ends once one logs in. :shrug:

I know I'm a new member, but some of the replys on this thread seems alot like the childish Yahoo message boards. I'm with the person who said that humanity doesn't end when one posts on a message board.

DaveC said:
I think it's absolutely hilarious that people think there can actually be a chance that this really WAS Edge.

For god's sakes, take a look and use your brains people!

It's NOT the Edge!!

Stop being naive.
So are you saying that its still possible that its not the Edge?
He must be, he even told me his real name was Dale Evans (and Bono's is Roy Rogers).

starsgoblue said:
My "ideal" really isn't that high....but if we can't get along here how are we going to get along "out there". Yes, it's a message board but there is still humanity in message boards...I don't think that ends once one logs in. :shrug:

In my eyes, there isn't much difference between here and 'out there'. Interference is a community, just like there are plenty of communities in the 'real world' (and no, the MTV serie doesn't count! ;) ). People make friendships, argue, help each other, worry about each other, just like in the real world. But people also fight, gossip, deceive and abuse power like in real world communities. And like 'out there' the consequences should be felt, should one wish to get rid of/improve this behaviour. That is what is happening in this thread. It isn't fun, it is ugly, but it is necessary. If it wouldn't happen, then this whole community would go out of control.

Is there humanity in this message board? Yes, there is. But for the message board to survive, the humanity cannot be one-sided. Because of the wish to keep some humanity in Interference are people now asking questions and demanding explanations. It is a call to let some known that they want to be treated as humans, not just some avatars who just chatter away. And as long as no answers are given, the search for humanity continues on this forum...

Marty

Edited for a few spelling mistakes

Last edited:
Marty's right. Thanks for bringing this thread back to the point.

(Maybe there should be a separate thread on this for those people who think there should not be a separate thread on this.)

In the meantime, some of us are still waiting for clear answers to direct questions. It's as simple as that.

I just got a PM which someone mentioned some RUMOR about Katey being my GIRLFRIEND.

This RUMOR is not true. Good lord, seriously, some people have WAY toooo much time on their hands if now they're making up conspiracy theories and rumors about my personal life. Katey does live in the same province as my GF. I live in 40 minutes away from Devlin, it doesn't mean she's my GF either. And you know what, two weeks ago I had LUNCH with Devlin, WHOA, but IT DOESN'T MEAN SHE'S MY GIRLFRIEND either. For those of you that are SO interested, my GF's name is Anne, she's not in PR, and she lives about 2-3 hours away from Katey.

As far as everyone else here... I've briefly skimmed over the last couple of pages, as I'm at work today, and the personal attacks going on are NOT OK. Indra does NOT 'work' for me, let's stop another rumor or conspiracy theory someone is starting.

:tsk:

Joel

I just got a PM which someone mentioned some RUMOR about Katey being my GIRLFRIEND.
:lmao:
well lucky Paul isn't around these parts..but on the plus side you do get shot at less Joel ha !

Elvis said:

This RUMOR is not true. Good lord, seriously, some people have WAY toooo much time on their hands if now they're making up conspiracy theories and rumors about my personal life. Katey does live in the same province as my GF. I live in 40 minutes away from Devlin, it doesn't mean she's my GF either. And you know what, two weeks ago I had LUNCH with Devlin, WHOA, but IT DOESN'T MEAN SHE'S MY GIRLFRIEND either. For those of you that are SO interested, my GF's name is Anne, she's not in PR, and she lives about 2-3 hours away from Katey.

As far as everyone else here... I've briefly skimmed over the last couple of pages, as I'm at work today, and the personal attacks going on are NOT OK. Indra does NOT 'work' for me, let's stop another rumor or conspiracy theory someone is starting.

:tsk:

Joel

Since you had time to pop in and quash this silly rumor any chance you could answer some of the many, many legitimate questions raised in this thread?

Last edited:
Mrs. Edge said:
This FUCKING message board as you so elegantly put it has brought me two of my best friends in the entire world as well as my future husband.

Really? You met your future husband here? That is so cool. Congratulations!

In page 27 I expressed my displeasure with the terrorist post "The Edge" made and some have said that my displeasure was unwarranted. Perhaps I misunderstood the post. Can someone please explain what the Edge or the imposter was trying to say. Because it seemed to me he was comparing a critical review of a song (albeit a sond that is beloved in this forum) to an act of terrorism. Did I misread the post?

What is your setting of posts per page, because for me this thread is at page 16?

*maybe will try to find out why*

biff said:
Marty's right. Thanks for bringing this thread back to the point.

(Maybe there should be a separate thread on this for those people who think there should not be a separate thread on this.)

In the meantime, some of us are still waiting for clear answers to direct questions. It's as simple as that.

Bullshit. You guys aren't waiting at all....this now THIRTY-TWO page thread has people saying the same thing over and over again like a broken record.

Besides if you truly feel you have been "waiting" for this long...maybe you should give your crusade up or let the people who are trying to answer get a word in edgewise (no pun intended).

ThatGuy said:

Since you had time to pop in and quash this silly rumor any chance you could answer some of the many, many legitimate questions raised in this thread?

Unfortunately, ThatGuy, I have noticed that Joel only answers questions that do not have anything to do with the U2 article or The Edge postings unless he has evidence in his favor, ie. the Edge pictures.

I do not think he will ever give his side of the story like Angela Harlem has.

If he could just answer how the "exclusive interview with U2" was conducted to where he and his staff thought it wa U2, that would be a good start. He said that it was conducted over the net. By emails, I assume? If so, then who initiated this contact and what were the email addresses and content that led you believe that "u2 had taken time out of their busy schedules to talk to you"? If the interview was faked by someone...posting its contents here couldn't hurt anyone but the perpatrators, no?

Why do I bother? I am just spinning my wheels.

In the spirit of reconciliation and moving forward...

Joel, how about getting a real REAL (that would be the opposite of what was on the board over the last month, apparently) interview with U2? They're in the middle of the biggest publicity tour...surely they can give you an hour's worth (unless they're really pissed at you) of time. I recommend a video phone link up. And just make sure it's not a 14-year-old girl wearing a false moustache and beenie.

(Sorry if someone's already recommened this...i read all 32 pages of this thread and didn't come across any).

Also, does this whole thing mean Jick will be de-reinventing himself?

(Jick has been wonderfully graceful, not blasting anyone here in this thread. Or, did i miss something...was he banned?)

This site is still great.

Elvis, did REM play anything off Fables? Reckoning?

starsgoblue said:

Bullshit. You guys aren't waiting at all....this now THIRTY-TWO page thread has people saying the same thing over and over again like a broken record.

Besides if you truly feel you have been "waiting" for this long...maybe you should give your crusade up or let the people who are trying to answer get a word in edgewise (no pun intended).

That is not only extremely rude, but also very wrongheaded.
Who are these people you mention who are "trying to answer" but are not being allowed to get a word in? They've had plenty of opportunity, that's for sure. I have been waiting, and continue to wait, for a direct answer to a couple of direct questions which I asked not only in this thread, but also in the Don't Expect thread that preceded this. So you're saying we should just give up?
If this thread really upsets you, and it certainly seems to (to the point of profanity) then don't visit. I don't mean to give offense to you, but I have every right to my own views, and I don't need someone telling me they're BS.

biff said:

Who are these people you mention who are "trying to answer" but are not being allowed to get a word in? They've had plenty of opportunity, that's for sure. I have been waiting, and continue to wait, for a direct answer to a couple of direct questions which I asked not only in this thread, but also in the Don't Expect thread that preceded this. So you're saying we should just give up?
If this thread really upsets you, and it certainly seems to (to the point of profanity) then don't visit. I don't mean to give offense to you, but I have every right to my own views, and I don't need someone telling me they're BS.

:up:

biff, thank you, you beat me to it. starsgoblue, do you really think the incredible number of questions in this thread has prevented Elvis from answering any of them?

It takes 2 deliberate steps to read this thread...opening up the Inside Broadcast forum and opening this thread.

If this thread or anyone here is annoying you, don't take those 2 steps. Avoid this thread. Its not hard.

But if you do come here and don't like what we're saying, too bad. This thread was started to discuss some issues a lot of us feel are very important. You don't have to agree but don't tell us when it should end or to stop asking questions. Whether it goes on for 32 pages or 332 pages, you are making a choice to come here and read it.

If something is that annoying and you continue to subject yourself to it, you must be getting something out of it.

LuminousTimes said:

Unfortunately, ThatGuy, I have noticed that Joel only answers questions that do not have anything to do with the U2 article or The Edge postings unless he has evidence in his favor, ie. the Edge pictures.

I do not think he will ever give his side of the story like Angela Harlem has.

The devil you say. :sexywink:

And BAW, :applaud:

Last edited:
biff said:

I didn't use profanity TO you....saying bullshit isn't a personal attack.

Secondly, I'm not saying they've been trying to answer and unable to because of the din but if you keep knocking on a door and nobody's answering do you stay on the porch?

Thirdly, I am not losing any sleep over this thread. I am not "upset" to the point of being obscene. But this is really ridiculous....everyone knows how everyone else feels at this point. This is going NOWHERE.

And ThatGuy...I never said that did I? All I said was that you guys have been asking the same basic questions for how long now?

What if your questions are never answered? Are you going to keep this thread going? This is beyond silly at this point.

Bono's American Wife said:
It takes 2 deliberate steps to read this thread...opening up the Inside Broadcast forum and opening this thread.

If this thread or anyone here is annoying you, don't take those 2 steps. Avoid this thread. Its not hard.

But if you do come here and don't like what we're saying, too bad. This thread was started to discuss some issues a lot of us feel are very important. You don't have to agree but don't tell us when it should end or to stop asking questions. Whether it goes on for 32 pages or 332 pages, you are making a choice to come here and read it.

If something is that annoying and you continue to subject yourself to it, you must be getting something out of it.

:der:

starsgoblue said:
And ThatGuy...I never said that did I? All I said was that you guys have been asking the same basic questions for how long now?

starsgoblue said:

:der: indeed.

I think the fact that this thread is still active and people are continuing to ask questions shows how important the questions being asked are. We're still here asking because we really want answers to them. Do you think that if we went away and stopped asking the answers would magically appear?

Well, for as long as this post has been going on for...has any answer been acceptably answered? Do you think they are going to be acceptably answered. I think the second quote you put up was kinda rhetorical on my part.

BAW...no that wasn't for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom