A Message to Our Readers - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Inside Broadcast
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 08:09 PM   #226
Refugee

Local Time: 08:12 PM
If anyone wants to get away from this drama for a bit since there's obviously no resolution or clear answer, I am posting my song of the day :P

Old 10-15-2004, 08:09 PM   #227
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:12 PM
There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again.

Old 10-15-2004, 08:12 PM   #228
Blue Crack Addict

I think everyone has made thier sentiments clear more than once at this point. The question is now: What you going to DO about it? Quit Interference or stay and post about the band?

Piss or get off the pot.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:13 PM   #229
Blue Crack Addict

I'm confused.....Elvis says the interview might be a hoax.....like, who did the hell did the "interview"?....Did they just send an e-mail into the abyss and it came back from "U2"? (too lazy to read 16 pages of this thread)
Old 10-15-2004, 08:18 PM   #230
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Matthew_Page2000
Anyway--the lesson here is not to put much faith in Elvis or the other mods and to just enjoy yourself.

I have to respectfully disagree with this. I've never had a single bad run-in with any mod here....in fact, I consider two of them to be friends.

I've only had any kind of off-board contact with the aforementioned mods. I'm not "friends" with any of the other mods, I'm not instant messaging with anyone, talking on the phone, etc.

That said, it was clear to me from the beginning that the mods were not involved with this. Flame me if you will but I have no reason to lie about this. Obviously, this is just my opinion but I think we should be careful about lumping everyone into the same sinking boat.

Some of the mod's posts on this subject have expressed the same sadness and frustration that many members are feeling. It seems clear to me that none of the MODS knew what was going on here and I think its bullshit that they are getting slammed by some people (not referring to the post I quoted). There is no reason to bring more people into this then necessary...especially when those in question have done nothing wrong.

If I'm wrong about the mods then I will eat a plastic bag.

*edited because I'm an asshole
Old 10-15-2004, 08:19 PM   #231
The Fly

Local Time: 12:12 PM
Re: A Message to Our Readers

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis
A Message to Our Readers:

As you may have noticed, we have taken down the two interviews we posted with members of the band U2. After speaking with RMP, U2's publicity agency, and conducting our own thorough investigation, we have come to the conclusion that these interviews, and many forum posts, most likely did not come from members of the band so we have decided to remove them out of good faith toward U2 and the U2 fan community.
Sincerely,
The Interference.com Senior Staff
Joel Tanner, Owner
Carrie Alison, Chief Editor
Devlin Smith, Contributing Editor
Kate McGrath, PR
Liza Guerra, Designer
Old 10-15-2004, 08:31 PM   #232
War Child

Local Time: 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by U2SavesTheWorld

I have to respectfully disagree with this. I've never had a single bad run-in with any mod here....in fact, I consider one of them to be a friend......That said, it was clear to me from the beginning that the mods were not involved with this. Flame me if you will but I have no reason to lie about this. Obviously, this is just my opinion but I think we should be careful about lumping everyone into the same sinking boat.

Some of the mod's posts on this subject have expressed the same sadness and frustration that many members are feeling. It seems clear to me that none of the MODS knew what was going on here and I think its bullshit that they are getting slammed by some people (not referring to the post I quoted). There is no reason to bring more people into this then necessary...especially when those in question have done nothing wrong.

If I'm wrong about the mods then I will eat a plastic bag.
Don't eat any plastic bags on my behalf.
Assuming that Elvis and/or other mod(s) have played a "joke" on us--it does not necessarily follow that all the other mods knew about it. Two of them at least certainly WERE NOT in on it. (Hello Salome and Angela Harlem). And Siccy for instance, seemed to be in the dark--at least she appeared to be in one of her posts.

But either way it's too difficult for most of us lurkers (and I've been a lurker since day one) to keep track of who is a believable mod and who isn't. It's simpler to take all info coming from this site with a grain of salt.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:33 PM   #233
War Child

Local Time: 04:12 PM
I've been a lurking for a long time but I wasn't here during the other fake Edge incident. Somehow, even reading the explaination by this dsmith person, I still don't completely understand what supposedly happen. It all seems odd. But the most interesting issue no ones' brought up is where did that picture come from that the fake Edge posted? Did the teenager take that photo of him so close?? It kinda looks like Popmart era so that doesn't seem to jive. I guess she could have gotten off the internet??
Old 10-15-2004, 08:47 PM   #234
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

Quote:
I have to respectfully disagree with this. I've never had a single bad run-in with any mod here....in fact, I consider one of them to be a friend.
Is it me?

It better be me darn it
Old 10-15-2004, 08:49 PM   #235
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by bonosloveslave

Is it me?

It better be me darn it

SHIT! BLS!

I just keep forgetting you became a mod!

I'm sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry!

OK, TWO mods!!!

Please accept my most humble apologies!

Shit, we even drank beer together....

Old 10-15-2004, 08:50 PM   #236
Refugee

Everyone get off Elvis' back.. anyone who knows the band well knows that anything "The Edge" said was not out of line with how he thinks.. i mean come on.. he even defended REM and said they are still relevent (and how hes friends with them), he talked about albums as LPs, theres just so many things that kind of fit into it being the Edge and theres really 2 possibilities here:

1) Wasn't the Edge, person who did the impersonation did an amazing job at imitating him, and even would post messages saying he had to go just before events like the Q Awards, and posting frequency was of a normal un-tech savvy really busy person

2) Was The Edge, but may have said something he shouldn't have (like the "Terrorist" Comment), or band has a contract of some sort or legal department that doesn't want them posting directly to the public so they decided to make it look like a hoax
Old 10-15-2004, 08:54 PM   #237
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Lisa71
I've been a lurking for a long time but I wasn't here during the other fake Edge incident. Somehow, even reading the explaination by this dsmith person, I still don't completely understand what supposedly happen. It all seems odd. But the most interesting issue no ones' brought up is where did that picture come from that the fake Edge posted? Did the teenager take that photo of him so close?? It kinda looks like Popmart era so that doesn't seem to jive. I guess she could have gotten off the internet??
I think it was discussed in another thread that it's actually a "PLEBA classic" and anyone with one eye could tell it wasn't a "self-portrait" anyway...the first thing I thought when I saw it was that you could see both his arms.

My opinion doesn't make a difference after so many pages of anger and disgust and saddness, but I like to jump on bandwagons so here I go. I'm just very sad about the whole thing. I never really believed it because cool things like that don't happen to me...I am not that lucky a person. I was completely comvinced there was no way when the word "terrorist" was thrown around like it was nothing. That is a serious, serious word, and very bad for PR from the guitarist in the biggest band in the world. I was angry about the money I donated to the server, but I had my reasons at the time...the "Too busy" message was making communication with my friends very difficult. I think I even made a post about "give until it hurts, people!" and I NEVER thought we'd actually be hurt by it. However, I'm here because of my friends...I pretty much live in Lemonade Stand and Journals; I visit Pleba once a week, and Where the Album Has a Name when there's a good download. I'm staying because of the community, because of the best friends I have ever made, because of the good times. I'll probably get flamed for saying this, but it's just a moment, this time will pass. I'm just really sad about the whole thing now; I've been suspicious and angry and disgusted, now I just wish it was the day we all got Vertigo again and we were all gushing about how f***ing awesome it is.

Thanks for the two extra months to decide whether or not I stay premium.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:00 PM   #238
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

Quote:
SHIT! BLS!

I just keep forgetting you became a mod!

A likely excuse

But I forgive you

Old 10-15-2004, 09:08 PM   #239
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

You know I got nothin' but love for you girl!

Ahem.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming...
Old 10-15-2004, 09:11 PM   #240
The Fly

Local Time: 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg

I've been suspicious and angry and disgusted, now I just wish it was the day we all got Vertigo again and we were all gushing about how f***ing awesome it is.

Thanks for the two extra months to decide whether or not I stay premium.

YES YES YES