U2JT show in May...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RedrocksU2 said:
Thanks Kren....flattery will get you everywhere.
The baby girl, Emily is almost 6, the boy Ian, is almost 4 and the queen Rosie, is ageless.:wink:

There's lots to be said about flattery! :wink: I love those names Emily and Ian. Ian looks like his Daddy......and you better get ready cuz those hormonal teenagers are gonna be knockin your door down after that Emily! What a cutie! You and the queen did good. Your queen Rosie is a very lucky lady indeed.

Hey! Why are all the nice tall good-looking ones with boats, and trips to Cancun and whatnot taken?!! :rant:

The boat's not mine...I wish!
The trip to Cancun is a combination of hard work and sometimes dealing with some extremely stupid people that you work for, YOU know what I mean, I'm sure.

Hey BTW, how can I get into the VIP list:wink: ...just kidding, JT needs to get paid and I don't mind paying to see these guys play....i got to pay my dues before I reach your stature..

RedrocksU2 said:
The boat's not mine...I wish!
The trip to Cancun is a combination of hard work and sometimes dealing with some extremely stupid people that you work for, YOU know what I mean, I'm sure.

Hey BTW, how can I get into the VIP list:wink: ...just kidding, JT needs to get paid and I don't mind paying to see these guys play....i got to pay my dues before I reach your stature..

Boats are awesome, whether yours or someone else's. In my prior life a good friend of mine and I used to go out in their ski boat on the Delta (Stockton) and just hang out for hours, it was so relaxing.

Yes I do know about the eggstremely STOOPID people we work for. They are breeding as we speak, YIKES! :yikes:

As for the VIP thing....it's karma, Baby :sexywink: Actually unbeknownst to many Vertigo's will put your name on a Guest List if you contact them in advance. I put my name and 5 guests on the list. The woman in distress that I rescued was just lucky I guess. Next time we go in as a group and hopefully the karma will be with us!

Back to the subject of last Saturday's show....Vertigo sounded great at.....mmm.....Vertigo's.
The acoustics were awesome...that's one of the comments that everyone is agreeing with....very loud, which is good.

RedrocksU2 said:
Back to the subject of last Saturday's show....Vertigo sounded great at.....mmm.....Vertigo's.
The acoustics were awesome...that's one of the comments that everyone is agreeing with....very loud, which is good.

set list too short
time went by too quickly
lots of beautiful people
drinks
perspiration
desperation
altercation
fabrication
isolation
we all fall down
cool DJ
Mike's drumming ROCKED
icky bathrooms
80's glam
ice
Two Hearts is sooooo good LIVE
Chedge guys on probation
cell phones
Devotion campaign
valet parking

where was all the good smelling cologne?

The Bass player sounded good as well, I believe that's Ron, right? He does a great Adam.:rockon:

Last edited:
RedrocksU2 said:
The Bass player sounded good as well, I believe that's Ron, right? He does a great Adam.:rockon:

Oh yea he's quite THE ROCK STAR!

But he did not have too much room on that
sqooshie stage, it was so cramped and
then there's that faux U2 Drummer who
takes up 80% of it with his kit! Poor Poor
Ron.

Hey but at least there were no drunk girls
rushing the stage and yanking your cord!

:shocked:

Comment by RedrocksU2 on 05-16-2005 10:42 PM

I wish I would have kept those Miami Vice outfits that I owned for so many years.....sigh....

1.-White jacket (with the sleeves rolled up...of course)
2.-sandal/shoes (with no socks, obviously)
3.- Pastel muscle shirt (either light pink or blue)
4.- Five o'clock shadow
5.- Ray-ban Wayfarer's
6.-Mullett

80's party for the next gig, hhmmmm.......

RedrocksU2 said:

hey, thanks man.
but it was Kenny the sound guy's ingenius chemistry behind the sound board that really made everything sound so good.

Carek1230 said:

And yes, Missa this means RR is going to the next gig, and that goes for U2. (hehe I said U2! Do I win a prize?!) :lol:

We will scope out a nice place for dinner before the show this time.

In a SAFE part of town. :D

Sound like fun? :happy:

Good luck finding a nice place for dinner in Downey....

Ghetto....! :ohmy:

(Sorry, beach snob)....

Last edited:
angel_of_L.A. said:

Downey is far from ghetto but I wouldn't wanna stay there anyway; why not check along Beach Blvd. adjacent to Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park...plenty to choose from and then its only a 8 mile ride up the I-5 ....that's the easiest for out of towners from the south.

angel_of_L.A. said:

Ghetto....! :ohmy:

(Sorry, beach snob)....

hey! whats wrong with ghetto?? :)
try Pete's Patio off of Firestone, it's small and nostolgic, but has the best pastrami sandwiches ever. the burgers and carne asada tacos are not bad either.

Mr. BAW said:

Downey is far from ghetto but I wouldn't wanna stay there anyway; why not check along Beach Blvd. adjacent to Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park...plenty to choose from and then its only a 8 mile ride up the I-5 ....that's the easiest for out of towners from the south.

Oooohhh.... Knott's Berry Farm?! Let's all go have Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner!!!

I love that stuff. :drool:

Mr. BAW said:

I'm sure there are parts of Downey that aren't ghetto. However, what I was referring to was the area where Hully Gully's is located. It's a wee bit ghetto. HG is my old party place. I still go for 80s vs. Rockabilly nights, so I know that area pretty well. Ghetto! :ohmy:

Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner sounds mighty tempting... :drool:

Hmm...I think you folks will have to party without me then too...:sad:

I am going to be out of town. :hyper:

Last edited:
Mr. BAW said:

Not only do I remember, I have a photo of a 25-year old Mr. BAW in his spiffy burgundy 3-piece Angel Flight suit with boots....(I will search and destroy the pic!) :| :| :|

No! Don't search and destroy!

How about instead of dressing 80's HG night
we bring pics of ourselves from the 80's! I
like that idea much better!

AND NO GHETTO FOOD FOR ME.....but I
gotta admit Mrs Knott's chicken dinner
sounds good!

thousandfold said:

Oooohhh.... Knott's Berry Farm?! Let's all go have Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner!!!

I love that stuff. :drool:

They put in a togo booth at that place so now you dont have to wait forever, I love that chicken!

Back
Top Bottom