NBA Basketball 2008-09: The Thread Part 2 - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-10-2009, 08:30 PM   #256
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,496
Local Time: 03:05 PM
Big Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
Isn't it awesome?

It's from earlier this season...a crazy ass blocked shot that Shannon Brown had against the Hawks.
Its when the Lakers were at their best...Bynum in street clothes.
__________________

__________________
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:35 PM   #257
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,238
Local Time: 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
The most important thing to me again is that this was a game the Lakers were EXPECTED to lose, and lose by a large margin. First game on the road team's court after going down 0-2? As I said, Lakers had essentially nothing to lose. They played well, but as you said, the Magic shot a high percentage, and still only won in the last 30 seconds of the game.
Eh, I'd say they won it before that, they just managed to hold on in the last 30 seconds. I don't know if the Lakers were expected to lose or not or by how much, but they certainly came out playing with the clear intention of taking the game, and Orlando was able to stop that.

Quote:
If Kobe has a normal night at the free throw line, Lakers probably win that game. Kobe doesn't uncharacteristically lose the ball (he's known as the best handler in the league, no?), same thing. You think he's going to let that happen again?
Probably not, but Kobe did start out with guns blazing, but seemed to get increasingly frustrated as the game went on. Orlando's never going to be able to really stop him, but if they can make him work hard enough that he ends up getting frustrated... you never know.

Quote:
I still think this goes to 6 games, at least. But they're not leaving Orlando without a win.
Agreed.
__________________

__________________
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:43 PM   #258
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,238
Local Time: 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
Isn't it awesome?

It's from earlier this season...a crazy ass blocked shot that Shannon Brown had against the Hawks.
Dayum.

YouTube - Shannon Brown Monster Block on West [HQ]

Kid's got hops.
__________________
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:25 PM   #259
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
The most important thing to me again is that this was a game the Lakers were EXPECTED to lose, and lose by a large margin. First game on the road team's court after going down 0-2? As I said, Lakers had essentially nothing to lose. They played well, but as you said, the Magic shot a high percentage, and still only won in the last 30 seconds of the game.

If Kobe has a normal night at the free throw line, Lakers probably win that game. Kobe doesn't uncharacteristically lose the ball (he's known as the best handler in the league, no?), same thing. You think he's going to let that happen again?

I still think this goes to 6 games, at least. But they're not leaving Orlando without a win.
If they win this game, they pretty much break Orlando's back Bane-style. Why pass this up when you're supposedly the superior team with Kobe, who really, really wants it, apparently?

If, and this is a big 'if', the Magic win the next game, it seriously could go either way. I still think the Lakers have a better chance of winning the series, but my boys still do stand a great chance.
__________________
LMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:31 PM   #260
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 38,008
Local Time: 12:05 PM
Why does any team pass up the chance? It was just shown above that a lot of teams that go up 2-0 fail to close it out during the third game. The Lakers actually played with more resolve than anyone was expecting last night, but they came up against a rejuvenated and inspired Magic offense. If that shooting percentage hadn't been good-to-great instead of superlative, no victory for the Magic.

Does that make sense? And yes, with each game the Magic wins, it doesn't seem like as much of an uphill climb. But correct me if I'm wrong, no one has beaten the Lakers two games in a row these playoffs, let alone three times.
__________________
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:50 PM   #261
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
Why does any team pass up the chance? It was just shown above that a lot of teams that go up 2-0 fail to close it out during the third game. The Lakers actually played with more resolve than anyone was expecting last night, but they came up against a rejuvenated and inspired Magic offense. If that shooting percentage hadn't been good-to-great instead of superlative, no victory for the Magic.

Does that make sense? And yes, with each game the Magic wins, it doesn't seem like as much of an uphill climb. But correct me if I'm wrong, no one has beaten the Lakers two games in a row these playoffs, let alone three times.
Yeah, I bet namkcuR posted the stats. That's true, but a lot of those shots were as much as product of stagnant defense (shots in transition, close to the basket, etc...) as they were an insane offense. Plus, the Magic had little to no answer for Gasol last night, and he only puts up 11 shots? He started putting Lewis into foul trouble when they put the ball in his hands around the late 3rd/early 4th quarter. Then again, if he doesn't make that dumb pass while he's on the ground, Pietrus doesn't get that steal and pretty much seal the game with his free throws.

Also true, but they're certainly better than those Jazz or Rockets teams that they faced... the Nuggets, possibly the same, if they weren't a pack of headcases with a choke-artist coach. If the Lakers bounce back tomorrow night, the series is over (no shit), but if they end up snagging Game 5 and go back to L.A. with a 3-2 lead, it's still kind of up in the air, even if it favors them.

Hell, if the Magic win all 3, which I really doubt, then who knows?
__________________
LMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:40 PM   #262
ONE
love, blood, life
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 10,290
Local Time: 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP View Post
Yeah, I bet namkcuR posted the stats.
Huh? What stats?
__________________
namkcuR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:16 AM   #263
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 03:05 PM
I'm of the opinion that the Lakers are getting too much credit. They have a significant advantage right now, but this whole idea that Game 3 was an anomaly simply because of how well Orlando played doesn't sit right with me.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:32 AM   #264
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 02:05 PM
It's because Kobe REALLY WANTS IT.
__________________
LMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:39 AM   #265
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 03:05 PM
My one buddy told me tonight he doesn't understand my hate of Kobe. That's sort of like saying, "I don't understand why you dislike Ivan Drago."
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:44 AM   #266
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 02:05 PM
If Kobe was married to Brigitte Nielson he'd be 20x more entertaining.

"You think you're so berry, berry good, when we're so berry, berry bad."
__________________
LMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:08 AM   #267
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,461
Local Time: 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP View Post
It's because Kobe REALLY WANTS IT.
he does.



see? clearly that scowl means that kobe is much angrier this year. if he had that scowl last year he would have beaten the celtics in 2 games. yes that's right... two. they would have beaten them so badly in the first two that boston would have just given up.

he really wants it.

it's not the only thing he wants



grrrrr.

i heard kobe puppet asked lebron puppet the same thing. boy sure does get his vitamins.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:03 PM   #268
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,496
Local Time: 03:05 PM
Kobe puppet should know you don't ask, you just do it, if he played for the Magic, coach Hedgehog would have taught him that.
__________________
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:05 PM   #269
ONE
love, blood, life
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 10,290
Local Time: 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP View Post
Yeah, I bet namkcuR posted the stats. That's true, but a lot of those shots were as much as product of stagnant defense (shots in transition, close to the basket, etc...) as they were an insane offense. Plus, the Magic had little to no answer for Gasol last night, and he only puts up 11 shots? He started putting Lewis into foul trouble when they put the ball in his hands around the late 3rd/early 4th quarter. Then again, if he doesn't make that dumb pass while he's on the ground, Pietrus doesn't get that steal and pretty much seal the game with his free throws.

Also true, but they're certainly better than those Jazz or Rockets teams that they faced... the Nuggets, possibly the same, if they weren't a pack of headcases with a choke-artist coach. If the Lakers bounce back tomorrow night, the series is over (no shit), but if they end up snagging Game 5 and go back to L.A. with a 3-2 lead, it's still kind of up in the air, even if it favors them.

Hell, if the Magic win all 3, which I really doubt, then who knows?
Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
Huh? What stats?
__________________
namkcuR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:06 PM   #270
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 02:05 PM
It was sarcasm.
__________________

__________________
LMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
basketball, nba

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com