Mlb 2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would trade the retractable roof for 2000s Marlins, if you’re wondering. Including the respectable attempts after selling the talent away.

Baseball was played for like a century or more without them. Seriously, I just don't care about rain outs, really.

Ok, so you don't care about rainouts? Or cold weather? But, down in Texas, it gets really freakin' hot. Baseball is great and all, but it ain't worth dying of heat stroke. Let's give those long suffering Texas Rangers fans a break and let them enjoy the new retractable dome that they're gonna love next season. And they will love it! Climate Control! Then maybe the Rangers might win a World Series because the heat hasn't destroyed them. Just ask Pudge Rodriguez about that. :wink:

Maddon done with the Cubs. Boy I'm pretty bummed out. Probably an unpopular opinion, but with some changes in the way he manages the team, I really wanted him back.

I stopped following the scores daily about a month ago when it was obvious what was happening. Witnessed that tailspin last year and no desire to do it again.

Clearly there were a lot of poor choices being made; the team has superior talent to the Cardinals and Brewers and should not be missing the playoffs while they advance. Someone has to take the blame.

I think too many people took blame over the last two years. They never should've let Bosio go, and then I don't remember who they fired last year as well, but it was another move that just felt like firing to respond to disappointment. Now I feel like we'll be starting all over again.

Maddon done with the Cubs. Boy I'm pretty bummed out. Probably an unpopular opinion, but with some changes in the way he manages the team, I really wanted him back.

You said it yourself "with some changes in the way he manages"...that's the problem with Wine Glass Joe...he believes he is the smartest person in the room, no matter what room he is in. So that leopard wasn't changing his spots. You're lucky to have won the WS in 2016, he made every attempt to blow it in game 7 but his players bailed him out.
You should be pleased he's gone.

More than ok - I'm drunk!

I'm so sorry for being a whiny bitch all year, I love that dumbass Davey Martinez no matter what I say

Going to at least game 1

GO NATS

You said it yourself "with some changes in the way he manages"...that's the problem with Wine Glass Joe...he believes he is the smartest person in the room, no matter what room he is in. So that leopard wasn't changing his spots. You're lucky to have won the WS in 2016, he made every attempt to blow it in game 7 but his players bailed him out.
You should be pleased he's gone.

Yeah, it's a big if, you are right about that. I just felt like in the last year or two he really seemed to REALLY overthink everything. My mental stipulation that things would need to change is obviously a pipe dream.

Meanwhile, I have no reason to be excited about it except emotional reasons, but I would love David Ross to get the gig.

You've got Bryce for a 80 more years, tho
Which is cool! They've got one corner outfield spot locked down for a decade with a very good, if not great, player. And he's basically making like $25 million per year, which is very fair. The Phillies' problem is that they have an "organizational philosophy" that you buy hitting and develop pitching, which doesn't work because they are dogshit at developing pitching. Aaron Nola was essentially a finished product coming out of college with already existing great command; the rest of their pitching staff is atrocious.

kapler and his staff also relied WAY too much on analytics this year, trusting them over common sense. aaron nola is clearly most effective as a breaking ball pitcher, but since the analytics say that a high hard fastball is the pitch that strikes out batters most often, they tried to force him to throw fastballs up in two-strike counts which didn't suit him well. same thing on the hitting side - there's a reason the averages went up after they fired the analytics-obsessed hitting coach and hired a distinctly old-school guy to replace him.

young is gone already, hopefully kapler and klentak aren't too far behind. there are quite a few managers who are proven winners available this offseason, let's go get one of them.

Kapler is much less of the problem than MacPhail and Klentak. I won't mind seeing him go, the Young hiring was a debacle, but MacPhail is the root cause of their problems.

Didn't think the Yanks would sweep the Twins, but, hey, I won't complain. The only complaint that I have is that the games are long. I mean, I get it. Pitching changes have to be made. Every matchup is important. I passed out on the couch and missed the end of the game. But, that was probably due to a lack of sleep the night before. Haven't checked the schedule, but as the postseason continues and with fewer teams involved, these games will probably start earlier. I think it was 10ish and they were in the 5th inning. Good gravy.

In years past, I probably would have been concerned with the long layoff between series, but this season with all the injuries, the Yankees need every moment of rest they can get.

Actually given their recent playoff history a sweep seemed a pretty safe bet.

Twins have now lost their last 16 playoff games and 13 of those are to the Yankees.

Oh sure, there's that. :wink: I just figured that they would at least win one game. Obviously, the key moment for the Twins was failing to score a run with the bases loaded and nobody out. I think that was the Bottom of the 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom