Shuttlecock XIV: Bono the Vampire Slayer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, I'm sure it didn't take away from anyone who was there. And I was glad to see them unearth it. But I'm not sure they could have fucked it up any worse.

The dropping of the bridge was bad, but fuck me they managed to screw it up even more with that fucking godawful BECAUSEBECAUSEBECAUSE I wanna die blah blah blah chorus.

But the verses and the guitar saved it.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I never want to hear that version again, ever. So no, wouldn't be worth it to me to have seen it in that form. Much like I wouldn't want to date a long time crush who was suddenly interested after losing a couple limbs and half her hair and brain cells to crystal meth.

Here's what I didn't get and ended up not asking in that thread: are we talking about unreleased Mercy in all its glory, or about that abomination of the edited/live Mercy that they ended up playing?

To be clear, and I've said this several times now throughout the competition, you can vote based on any version of a given song you want. Unreleased Mercy or 360 Mercy, whichever you prefer. LWTSH extended dance mix or UV1, it does not matter. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock studio version or UABRS version or some other live version, I don't care.

Vote with the assumption that every song is your preferred version of said song.

Dalton, I'm glad to hear that. You're a fully responsible and respectable adult/Husband/Father living in idyllic Colorado. I'm pleased. : )

I was summoned back West for LA 3.0 this past Spring. Hopefully, this is my last move for a long time.

As for Harbaugh, I'm a fan, warts and all. There are a lot worse in the way of college coaches skulking around the NCAA ranks. Whenever he moves on, he'll leave the program in better shape than when he took it over.

Also, for anyone - what in the fuck is this:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 3.45.51 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 3.45.51 PM.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 9
It was inevitable. The thing no one tells you about parenthood is that children don't raise themselves. You can't just leave them on a table and hope for the best. It takes work, insight, and planning.

You have no idea how many times I've shouted shit like, "Please do not put your mouth on public things!" That came out of my mouth and it surprised my child. How do you not know that you shouldn't lick a handrail on a public train system? It's beyond me.

On the other side, my nine-year-old just finished the HP series (in 7 weeks btw), so I took her out for a breakfast date to discuss her thoughts. She spent 45 minutes laying out why she thought that Hermione was the real hero of the series. I stirred my single, silent, silver tear into my coffee. Beautiful moment.

Glad you're back on the West Coast. No one should have to endure NYC their entire life.

You can't just leave them on a table and hope for the best. It takes work, insight, and planning.

I'm not a parent but I'm 100% sure this is true, and if you lived a million years I doubt you'd find one dissenting voice at it pertains to that sentiment.

All kidding aside, that's all awesome to read. Taking a little one out to eat so you can analyze the HP series sounds adorable.

And, much as I love my hometown and enjoyed being back for the two years.....two years was enough. I missed LA. Hard to believe I've lived in this state for a combined 16 years and counting.

Check out "People of SEPTA" on Facebook

Is it one of those sites where people take pictures of strangers and put them on the internet to make fun of them? I am seriously not down with those sites. (Unless that person is harassing other people and they deserve to be shamed.)

A friend just pinged me to ask if I wanted to go to Radiohead with her. Sure, okay. But ugh, now she's asking about a third friend, which is all well and good, but that means that I'd be trying for three tickets, which is harder to luck out with than just one ticket, and I'll be pushed into going the cheaper ticket route, which is annoying.

On the other hand, I should be social and see concerts with friends more often.

A friend just pinged me to ask if I wanted to go to Radiohead with her. Sure, okay. But ugh, now she's asking about a third friend, which is all well and good, but that means that I'd be trying for three tickets, which is harder to luck out with than just one ticket, and I'll be pushed into going the cheaper ticket route, which is annoying.

Fuck that. Singles are easier to get, plus you don't have to talk to anyone if you go alone.

/anti-social introvert rant

Heh. Also, my friend wants to know if they'll play anything off OK Computer and she hasn't heard the new album, and hasn't been to a concert in years and it's hard for her to get to Seattle.

I'm all GIRL figure your shit out because I'm buying a ticket in the presale with or without you.

(Cock pun intended.)

Sent from my SM-G920T using U2 Interference mobile app

Is it one of those sites where people take pictures of strangers and put them on the internet to make fun of them? I am seriously not down with those sites. (Unless that person is harassing other people and they deserve to be shamed.)

You know what you should do? Whatever it is that will make you happiest.

I would be happiest seeing Radiohead. But I love my friends and am down for seeing them with them, I am just anal retentive and worry about trying for multiple tickets when I know I have rarely been shut out going solo. ;-)

It's all fine and good, I just wanted to give a mini-rant while my friend waffles.

Last edited:
I would be happiest seeing Radiohead. But I love my friends and am down for seeing them with them, I am just anal retentive and worry about trying for multiple tickets when I know I have rarely been shut out going solo. ;-)

It's all fine and good, I just wanted to give a mini-rant while my friend waffles.

Are you looking for floor tickets or seats? If the former, couldn't everyone get their tickets individually?

To everyone who has randomly come back in the last few days, I don't want to miss anyone, but I just wanna say, you all are great, I have missed you and I'm glad to see you back. I haven't been posting as frequently lately, but just seeing the gang here has filled me with a lot of joy and I've been hanging around a bit more often again, which in turn has me listening to more music than I've been lately, which in turn is making me happier still. SO...thanks. You all have made my life a much better thing and I am grateful.

To everyone who has randomly come back in the last few days, I don't want to miss anyone, but I just wanna say, you all are great, I have missed you and I'm glad to see you back. I haven't been posting as frequently lately, but just seeing the gang here has filled me with a lot of joy and I've been hanging around a bit more often again, which in turn has me listening to more music than I've been lately, which in turn is making me happier still. SO...thanks. You all have made my life a much better thing and I am grateful.

Back
Top Bottom