New Gorillaz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
plasticbeach452.jpg

01 Orchestral Intro (ft. Sinfonia ViVA)
02 Welcome to the World of the Plastic Beach (ft. Snoop Dogg and Hypnotic Brass Ensemble)
03 White Flag (ft. Kano, Bashy, and the National Orchestra for Arabic Music)
04 Rhinestone Eyes
05 Stylo (ft. Bobby Womack and Mos Def)
06 Superfast Jellyfish (ft. Gruff Rhys and De La Soul)
07 Empire Ants (ft. Little Dragon)
08 Glitter Freeze (ft. Mark E Smith)
09 Some Kind Of Nature (ft. Lou Reed)
10 On Melancholy Hill
11 Broken
12 Sweepstakes (ft. Mos Def and Hypnotic Brass Ensemble)
13 Plastic Beach (ft. Mick Jones and Paul Simonon)
14 To Binge (ft. Little Dragon)
15 Cloud of Unknowing (ft. Bobby Womack and Sinfonia ViVA)
16 Pirate Jet

March 9.

Hype.

ooh shiittt yyeeeaaawwww.

stylo is awesome. just like the demo he played on the bbc a while back... not sure it works as a leadoff single.

between this and massive attack in the next couple of months, there's plenty to be thankful for.

That's a very cool album cover. Looks like something out of Donkey Kong Country.

Since I've recently fallen in love with all things Damon Albarn (Blur :drool:), I'm excited to hear this.

Kinda meh song, maybe it'll grow on me... I'm excited for the album though. I don't really care abot Gorillaz aside a few interesting moments, but Demon Days is awesome, so I hope they're gertting better with each album.

Not the mindblowing instant classic Feel Good Inc was, and it's pretty much Dirty Harry meets Dare, but I really dug that. Can't wait for the album; Demon Days has always been one of my favorites.

I think I've said it before, but those are easily my favorite video games evar.

Listened to Stylo earlier and liked it. Damon's part being the highlight, naturally.

Also just noticed that Track 13 is going to feature Mick Jones and Paul Simonon. Rock and fucking Roll, that's pretty awesome.

Solid. I like the fact that it's a bit of a departure from the "Feel Good Inc." and "Clint Eastwood" modes as far as first singles go. More of a slow burner.

I probably should take the time to try and get into Blur, seeing as how I've liked Gorillaz for a long time and absolutely loved that the Good, the Bad, and the Queen album.

I probably should take the time to try and get into Blur, seeing as how I've liked Gorillaz for a long time and absolutely loved that the Good, the Bad, and the Queen album.

If only to make Oasis Kid mad.

Blur!

As I've mentioned before, I've been devouring their catalogue over the last month or so. I adore Parklife, Self-titled, The Great Escape, and Modern Life Is Rubbish. I suppose you could start with any of those.

I haven't even gotten around to 13, Think Tank, or Leisure yet. But, someday soon.

I concur with ya GAFfer, that song is quality, always get the feeling I'm floating listening that one, cause of that level with the wind that blows ya every which way....

thought it was a pretty average song. totally agreed with Saracene. only gave it the one spin though. what's the release date for this one?

i don't see how they're going to top Feel Good Inc and/or Clint Eastwood, as far as i'm concerned anyway.

impy have you ever heard Song 2 by Blur? it's pretty rare and stuff, not many people know it outside of the fanatics.

I haven't even gotten around to 13, Think Tank, or Leisure yet. But, someday soon.

13 is amazing... their best song is here.
Leisure is good but not on the same level of what comes after it... except for Think Tank, which is one of the few albuns that I never managed to go all the way through... and I've tried several times over the last two years.

Back
Top Bottom