Low - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2005, 08:37 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by barlowdog
Barlowdog...a neighbor! I live on the "East Shore"

Cool!! Did you see either of the recent U2 shows in Philly? Do you frequent any of the bars or clubs on second st? We should get together some time if you're up for it. Email me at lofi99@comcast.net

I am fairly new to town...but I have been to a few of the bars on second. I travel A LOT...so I haven't made a whole lot of time for myself in Harrisburg.

I went to PhillyI and was in Philly on Sunday to see the Doves (but swung by Wachovia to see if I could "meet" the band...missed them by about 10 minutes).

I'll shoot you an e-mail.

I AM also a member of the Heartlandgirl/popmofo music fanclub. I have been influenced MANY times over by both of them in music purchases (Shins come to mind).

Old 05-25-2005, 07:28 AM   #17
War Child

Local Time: 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!

I am fairly new to town...but I have been to a few of the bars on second. I travel A LOT...so I haven't made a whole lot of time for myself in Harrisburg.

I went to PhillyI and was in Philly on Sunday to see the Doves (but swung by Wachovia to see if I could "meet" the band...missed them by about 10 minutes).

I'll shoot you an e-mail.

I AM also a member of the Heartlandgirl/popmofo music fanclub. I have been influenced MANY times over by both of them in music purchases (Shins come to mind).
Look forward to hearing from you. I'm always on the lookout for new music and agree that heartlandgirl and popmofo sound like they know some good stuff.

Old 05-25-2005, 08:13 AM   #18
Acrobat

Local Time: 04:11 AM
I was at the Philly show on Sunday. I've only recently gotten into the music scene in Philly but I've been to the Khyber a few times to see some bands. Planning on going to the Troc to see Bloc Party.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:38 AM   #19
War Child

Local Time: 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by TheRooster
I was at the Philly show on Sunday. I've only recently gotten into the music scene in Philly but I've been to the Khyber a few times to see some bands. Planning on going to the Troc to see Bloc Party.
Rooster

I will also be at the Bloc Party show (if my tix ever show up). North Star is a great little club in Philly (27th and Poplar) so if you get the chance to see someone play there, I recommend it. Philly 2 was sweet. I met plenty of great fans including Ladywiththespinninghead.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:43 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by TheRooster
Mofo is currently at a Bloc Party concert as I write this.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:46 PM   #21
Blue Meth Addict

I had been wish washy about getting it, but I finally bought the DVD 'Low In Europe' yesterday. It's a bit short (about an hour), but it's extremely fascinating. It's a tour film of (surprise, surprise) Low in Europe. They have performances (though no song in it's absolute entirety) interspersed with interviews and film of them on the road. It ended up being extremely fascinating to hear them speak about making music, the music industry, their ideas on touring/life/music/the world/etc. It really gave me a ton of insight into them as a band and as individuals, which in turn made their music a lot stronger for me.

I know there does not seem to be many huge Low fans here, but I'd really recommend checking this movie/dvd out to those who are.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:20 PM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

Old 06-18-2009, 12:11 AM   #23
Blue Meth Addict

It's funny how sometimes you can forget that a band or album is one of your favorites. I was a bit put off by the whole "vocals in the right speaker, music in the left" mixing of their last album, Drums & Guns, and thus never got into that album as a whole as much as I had expected I would. I suppose that mixed with the rotating (boring) bass players since Zak and a bit of over-listening to all their previous records resulted in me not listening to these guys much at all for the last year or two. I was going through my music tonight trying to find something that would hit the spot, and I decided to click on 'Dinosaur Act' by Low. I've been playing nothing but tracks from Things We Lost In the Fire since.

It's great how sometimes hearing things you'd stopped listening to or forgotten about can almost feel like seeing a long lost friend again. Every song, lyric, harmony, and note you used to love is still right there where you left it. Kinda makes you wonder how you could have ever stopped listening to them in the first place.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:24 PM   #24
Blue Meth Addict

Want a free Low EP? Of course you do.

Pitchfork: Low Release Free Live EP

They're doing a brief Christmas tour right now as well, I'll likely be seeing them next week.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:38 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Hell yeah. I saw them in an art museum, in 2006. It was a good, alternately sleep- or seizure-inducing show, depending on what the strobe was doing. I say that in a very, very good way. Wonderful.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:00 PM   #26
Blue Meth Addict

I don't listen to them nearly as much as I did the first half of the decade, but they'd probably be pretty close to making it into my top 10 favorite artists evar.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:15 PM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by If you shout... View Post
Hell yeah. I saw them in an art museum, in 2006.
It's gonna be an intimate little gig in a dumpster.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:56 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Several of my professors were there. An odd evening.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:57 PM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Good tunes, though!
Old 01-20-2011, 04:02 PM   #30
Blue Meth Addict

Pitchfork: Low Announce New Album C'mon

On April 12, Minnesota slowcore pioneers Low will release their new album C'mon on Sub Pop. The 10-song LP is the trio's first since 2007's Drums and Guns, and they recorded it in the same studio in a former Catholic church in Duluth, Minnesota where they made 2002's Trust. Matt Beckley co-produced and mixed the record.

Talking about the album in a press release, frontman Alan Sparhawk says, "With the last couple of records, we were grappling with something outside of ourselves. This one feels more like, 'Well, forget that. I'm looking in your eyes right now, and we need to figure out how to get through the next moment, together, as human beings.'"

Low plan to tour the U.S., but the only dates announced at the moment are SXSW in March and a set opening for Explosions in the Sky at New York's Radio City Music Hall April 6.

C'mon:

01 Try to Sleep
02 You See Everything
03 Witches
04 Done
05 Especially Me
06 $20
07 Majesty/Magic
08 Nightingale
09 Nothing but Heart
10 Something's Turning Over

Tags