Desert Island X: Rules and Signup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a mixtape; I don't believe there should be restrictions. Whatever works.

Let's say hypothetically that I began each part of my 2-"disc" playlist with We Are The World and Do They Know It's Christmas, respectively; would it be ok for me to then have the rest of each part exclusively feature songs from the artists who contributed to those charity songs? Or would this violate the only-one-song-per-artist rule?

Asking for a friend.

The friend is Dalton.

I think i'm going to use a few curios....odd songs that I like but wouldn't usually use in this sort of competition. There are a few game tracks i'm considering using and some shunned 'world music'.

In general I am going louder in what i've done in the past.

It's a mixtape; I don't believe there should be restrictions. Whatever works.

The further and further we go along with this, the more I agree. But I don't want to steal Space Moon's thunder, you know. Space thunder.

Let's say hypothetically that I began each part of my 2-"disc" playlist with We Are The World and Do They Know It's Christmas, respectively; would it be ok for me to then have the rest of each part exclusively feature songs from the artists who contributed to those charity songs? Or would this violate the only-one-song-per-artist rule?

Asking for a friend.

The friend is Dalton.

Tell Dalton that would be fine.

I should find a spot for "Strokin'" to court the BASHley vote.

Asking for a friend.

The friend is Dalton.

Which Dan Aykroyd song are you picking???

I should find a spot for "Strokin'" to court the BASHley vote

If I end up using my cheesy music play list, this may be the only time in the history of man that that song shows up twice in a mixtape competition.

no one ever disqualified me for using i'm pretty sure i used sinners & saints, mark lind & the unloved, and the ducky boys all in the same playlist once. since none of you knew any of them, no one was wise to the part about how they're all mark lind bands.

We've had multiple lists in the past with three or four Neil Finn-related songs (and not just my lists!).

I could probably fill half a list with songs featuring Neil Finn in some capacity if I tried.

It's Desert Island X, not Desert Island VW.

:wave:

:applause:

We've had multiple lists in the past with three or four Neil Finn-related songs (and not just my lists!).

I could probably fill half a list with songs featuring Neil Finn in some capacity if I tried.

In all seriousness, one could put together a pretty great playlist just with Jay Farrar, Tweedy, Ryan Adams and their side projects/bands. I'm struggling not to overuse them in mine, but they just have too many songs I really care about.

I am in.

Edit: I haven't partake in one of these in a while. It seems these people were picked before the thread got here. Is there a chance in the slightest that there still might be room for me?

Just plan a playlist as though you'll be in it. Upload it. So if someone bags out, you'll be good to go. Also, the people weren't preselected. There was a previous thread where most all the people on the list voiced a want to do this. Gotta be watching for any DI thread, not just the signup thread itself.

Yeah I let the last thread run too long and the list was already full by the time I started this one. That's never happened before, but it's extremely encouraging that there's so much interest.

The deadline for all playlists is October 31, so I'm sure that if someone drops out, I'll know a week or two before that and pass it on to you.

Great. My pm is full but I want to keep them as keepsakes. So I can't be reached that way. So contact me through rate your music (poetryandmusic.) Does that sound like a plan? Or I can give you my email address if that would be better.

Great. My pm is full but I want to keep them as keepsakes. So I can't be reached that way. So contact me through rate your music (poetryandmusic.) Does that sound like a plan? Or I can give you my email address if that would be better.

RYM is fine, I'm on there all the time. :)

is anyone aware of separate tracks for LCD's 45:33? would love to use the "Shame On You" part but it's gonna be way too hard to break up.

Back
Top Bottom