I tried...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alisaura

Blue Crack Supplier
Ye gods, this happy poem thing is harder than I thought... I just scraped this from the inside of my skull, I'm sure it'll get edited and tweaked before I'm done with it. Anyway...

One Day

One day, the tears will come
One day, clouds will veil the sun
One day - But not today.

Today the sun is shining,
The guns are silent,
The birds are singing.

One day, shrapnel will fall again
One day, we will take up arms again
One day, I may lose you -
But not today.

Today we are together
Today we are safe and warm,
Today I can love you and not fear.

One day, I will die
One day, so will you
One day - but when or how is unknown
All we have is today.

So we will live and love today
Laugh and sing and dance today
Eat and drink and sleep today
It's a beautiful day.
We must enjoy today
Any way we can -
Tomorrow may bring sorrow
But that is not today.

Yes, Ali. I really love that one.

I have one along the same theme.

And it even has beautiful day in it...

I like it, like it
smile.gif

very good,
smile.gif
live for the day . . . but the sense of impending doom prevents it from being what I call a "happy little poem" you Aussies are not very cheerful
frown.gif

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
We aren't cheerful?!!!!!!

Thats the strangest statement I've ever heard about Australians. WOuldnt you agree, Alisaura?

Man, Ill have to find a happy one, I know Ive got one deep down in me somewhere

You're right Zooropamanda, that's a pretty strange statement! And here was I thinking we were a nation of "She'll be right mate"s and barbeques and the biggest problem in life was all the blowies being concussed by the corks on your akubra... *L*
I'm often surprised by how other people see us... one American I email said that Americans feel a kinship with us...?! She explained it in historical terms (two nations settled by pioneers etc), and it kinda makes sense... just surprised me.
ANWAY... Yeah, I couldn't help that impending doom thing, Wanderer... that line about the guns popped out before I knew it. I thought about getting rid of it, but I reckon it the "sieze the day" thing wouldn't have as much impact by itself. Still, it's a 10-minute effort, I'm sure I'll dig a happier one up... probably closer to October 30.
smile.gif

I wrote something the other night... I dunno how I'd describe it, but it's not depressing! I blathered on for a page and a half, I might put it up after I trim the crap away. Besides, it was very late (3-4am) and I was listening to Boy at high volume for about 3 hours... I might hate it when I look at it again. We'll see...
*forcibly shuts self up* Rrmmmmff! mmmph!

Thanks for sharing Alisaura, I really enjoyed reading it.
smile.gif
I am not a writer, but I could feel your mood. You actually made me feel the way BD does.

So you and zooropamanda are Australian? That is a few miles from California, huh?

I hope you share your stuff as well zooropamanda, and alisaura - please post more
smile.gif

Zooropamanda and Alisaura,

yes, I knew that would leave our Australlian ladies a bit perplexed . . . it was meant to be ironic because a lot of Americans relate Aussies to people like Paul Hogan (Crocodile Dundee) and Patrick Rafter (tennis player) who they see as being fun-loving, whimsical and unserious and maybe some are, but there are people like that everywhere . . . I think you are a bit more deep and complex than the one-demensional image Americans like to attribute you to . . . and your posts and poetry is proof of that

YaYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!

An American who sees out without the BBQs and sun tans!!

I shouldn't generalise, as the whole world has its misconceptions about every country. I do still get riled up about that Simpsons episode though hehehehe

This forum is filled with truly amazing people.

Bloody Paul Hogan... *sigh*
smile.gif

I had to revise my ideas about Americans quite extensively once I actually met some of them.
biggrin.gif
I try not to generalise now.
I am not in any way a typical Aussie tho... I don't like beer for a start, and I am very far from suntanned! I think pasty is the word most people would use.
smile.gif
Blame my English blood...
It's been a while since I saw that Simpsons ep... but the thing that shat me most was the god-awful accents they gave us!! We do NOT sound like that! *L*
I loved the PM in an inner-tube on the dam...*G*
Hear hear Zooropamanda! At the risk of generalising, I think most people who really appreciate U2's music are far from one-dimensional. People on this forum made me really see this.

[This message has been edited by Alisaura (edited 09-03-2000).]

Back
Top Bottom