I don't really care about the Olympics.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seems like there's a lot of objectively subjective talk about what sports are better. People—shock,gasp!— derive enjoyment in a sport for a variety of reasons, and many of these reasons unsurprisingly have a cultural context.

That being said:

1. Chicago Wolves :up:
2. Who cares? Does it really matter? :shrug:

Do any of the debates on this board really matter? I think that we all know that taste is subjective, lord knows this gets beaten to death in other threads.....kind of goes without saying, BoMac. :shrug:

I don't mind arguing about sports a little bit, to be honest, it beats the circular passive aggressive fest that is FYM. Just gets tiresome listening to how boring football or baseball are when soccer can cure insomnia.

Do any of the debates on this board really matter? I think that we all know that taste is subjective, lord knows this gets beaten to death in other threads.....kind of goes without saying, BoMac. :shrug:

I don't mind arguing about sports a little bit, to be honest, it beats the circular passive aggressive fest that is FYM. Just gets tiresome listening to how boring football or baseball are when soccer can cure insomnia.

I agree with you.

But what I meant by "Who cares? Does it really matter?" was that we all know how fabulous the Wolves are, and they're better than any and all sports put together, so who cares who's number 2?:wink:

I agree with you.

But what I meant by "Who cares? Does it really matter?" was that we all know how fabulous the Wolves are, and they're better than any and all sports put together, so who cares who's number 2?:wink:

That's true, and, though debates usually revolve around subjective thoughts, it is an objective and confirmed rumor that the Wolves are the best sports franchise in the history of Earth, Space Moon or any other celestial body you care to name.

/end thread

:down::mad:

You people don't get it! Football is not just about goals. It's about technique and grace on the field. Dribbling, passing, trick shots etc. are as much a part of the game as scoring goals. American sports have spoiled you lot with instant gratification high scores! :down: :wink:

Soccer doesn't have this:

mfsd.jpg

End of story, Zoot.

I'm gonna have to agree with that. Golf more watchable than tennis and hockey? I think not. I'll even take soccer over golf :wink:

No kidding! Every fucking soccer game is, like, 1-0. What a bore.

Agree with all of that :love:

:down::mad:

You people don't get it! Football is not just about goals. It's about technique and grace on the field. Dribbling, passing, trick shots etc. are as much a part of the game as scoring goals. American sports have spoiled you lot with instant gratification high scores! :down: :wink:

I know the constant to and fro can annoy some, but I enjoy it. Why would I want to go to a game, spend one and half hours of my life watching it, and then leave when neither side has scored a bloody point!! And I don't buy this 'instant gratification' thing either. In AFL, at least, there are whole plays which are built in five minutes that result in a thrilling goal. If a side is thirty points up, the game can become immensely exciting when one side chases down the other.

I'll take some forms of dental surgery over watching Golf... You see the guy swing, he hits the ball (presumably) then you see sky followed by clapping – wtf?

I almost would too terribly boring 'sport'.

Soccer doesn't have this:

mfsd.jpg

End of story, Zoot.

= why AFL is teh best

I knew I could always count on you Bonnie :love:

although this mark would be disallowed these days

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom